Match Thread: FAC R2 Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

That happens when Lee Blakeman commentates on Vale as he is a massive stoke fan

Couldn't remember his name and then we have Sproson upping his players and slagging the others off most of the time.

Hopefully we may get the guy on today.  He was good and seemed to be having fun today.

Chuffed to bits with this win! What a squad we have no matter who comes in they all seem to contribute. No more journey men and bench warmers a top squad well done the lads and the management team. So happy we have a bit extra cash let’s hope we can get a favourable draw in the next round.
As Tom Pope said Trust the proohcess

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Both youth strikers are also injured,DC said we might end up playing with no forwards(i guess he means throwing a midfielder or defender in the forward line)

The curse of strikers hits our other teams.  That's it then Stone's in goal and Covolan is the main striker tuesday 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Amoo hamstring 

FFS

Maybe if every first team striker is out injured we might actually play Worrall where the man was born to play.

Politic Rodney Worrall until January

unless Rodney is injured. Then it gets interesting

Missed the game today despite tickets due to a catalogue of disasters but the results cheered me up no end.

Watching the highlights good to see Rodney play a pivotal role in both goals. Hope we see a lot more to come from home over the next month as we really need him to step up to the plate to maintain our challenge in the play off places.

Top 6 club in PL away would be great. I fancy our chances at Old Trafford😂😂

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Quality pass for the first, PHENOMENAL for the second, from Rodney. The first was like Politic against Orient again and the second a repeat of his Barrow goal.

Hard to tell first half from the distance who it was exactly but I see on the highlights it was Jones who blocked on the line for the bar richochet to keep us in it.

I thought Rodney had a good game too. The ball for the second goal is impossible to defend against. 

Notice that today the main chances we created all came from our right wing back and were all similar, in the first half gibbo pulled one back for Amoo and 2 for Garrity (one was a definite pen). Then second half worrall pulled one back for the first goal. We are so well drilled at that passage of play that we get a lot of joy from it.

The Jones clearance off the line was as good as goal, I’m sure it was gibbo or smith that blocked one second half on the line too. Great work all round from the defence I thought. 

• Like 1

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Just to say thank yours without this I wouldn’t have seen any highlights 

Thank you so very much. Well Done The Vale . 

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Maybe if every first team striker is out injured we might actually play Worrall where the man was born to play.

Politic Rodney Worrall until January

unless Rodney is injured. Then it gets interesting

This is where I'm happy to be called a Political nerd!!

2 hours ago, Old fort said:

Vale have not been as resilient as this since the mid 90's. 

Don't agree with the easy tie in the next round bit because whoever we get, Vale don't do easy ties  Having said that, if we could scrape to round 4, we should have either or both Wilson and Dr. Proctor back. Then we could take anyone, home or away

Surely a home tie will suit us better? Any Premiership club would be a big bonus.

• Like 1

One of the rare days when as a Vale fan you throw up you arms and say, just well done.  To everyone.  Draw, a winnable one or a money spinner. Or both, like United at home. Please the gods of football don't give us a crap draw. 

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Another game of 2 halves where we seemed to struggle with the conditions first half more than they did.  I just took a look at their forum and the consensus is that they threw it away rather than offering much credit to our much improved second half performance. That said here’s a nice quote from one poster on there: “Well done to our incredibly intelligent fans for singing “We forgot that you were here” etc at some of the loudest fans they’ll ever hear.  I hate playing Port Vale but their fans make a great noise.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Another game of 2 halves where we seemed to struggle with the conditions first half more than they did.  I just took a look at their forum and the consensus is that they threw it away rather than offering much credit to our much improved second half performance. That said here’s a nice quote from one poster on there: “Well done to our incredibly intelligent fans for singing “We forgot that you were here” etc at some of the loudest fans they’ll ever hear.  I hate playing Port Vale but their fans make a great noise.”

We were half the crowd. SVA