onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R2 Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Got a big job on his hands this sat has DC .

What team does he pick .

Do we go for it or play to nick something which I do not think suits Vale we play better when we are going for the win .

First half in games at times are we just giving too much respect to who we are playing and not playing our game what gets plenty of goals .

Team well there's players in form and out of form but do we go away from.a solid foundation v Hartlepool (they had no on target attempts) and first half yesterday (one save from Stone a very good one at that )to second half when on another day could easily have conceded 5 but scored 6 or 7 and I feel that if Vale played how they did attacking wise like they did yesterday and many times this season they would win majority of games so with that in mind and hopefully a sell out away end here's my team .

Covalan

Cass Martin Smith 

Worrall  Pett Walker Gibbons 

Garrity 

Amoo Rodney .

That's the team I'd start with they as game develops then change it for Vale to go for it further more with Conlon prominent Burgess and Benning and Legge at the back if anyone slack at the back .

Got a good feeling about this game Rodney's going get 2 .

Let's get in that draw 

UTV 

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Got a big job on his hands this sat has DC .

What team does he pick .

Do we go for it or play to nick something which I do not think suits Vale we play better when we are going for the win .

First half in games at times are we just giving too much respect to who we are playing and not playing our game what gets plenty of goals .

Team well there's players in form and out of form but do we go away from.a solid foundation v Hartlepool (they had no on target attempts) and first half yesterday (one save from Stone a very good one at that )to second half when on another day could easily have conceded 5 but scored 6 or 7 and I feel that if Vale played how they did attacking wise like they did yesterday and many times this season they would win majority of games so with that in mind and hopefully a sell out away end here's my team .

Covalan

Cass Martin Smith 

Worrall  Pett Walker Gibbons 

Garrity 

Amoo Rodney .

That's the team I'd start with they as game develops then change it for Vale to go for it further more with Conlon prominent Burgess and Benning and Legge at the back if anyone slack at the back .

Got a good feeling about this game Rodney's going get 2 .

Let's get in that draw 

UTV 

Conlon and Pett will start then its out of Walker and Garrity for the other spot

Fancy us to cause these plenty of problems even with a depleted strike force. We seem to get a lot of success when our wing back advance forward and link up with our midfield, such as Gibbo’s goal against Col U when he linked up with Conlon. Just hope we don’t resort to lumping the ball up to Rodney and Amoo or whoever is up top like we did against Walsall as we looked like a Sunday league side. I’m predicting a 2-1 win with goals from Conlon and Amoo 

It will take a bit of a monumental performance to beat these on their own turf without our strikers, but someone can make themselves a hero on the day. If we defend well we have a goal in us, and it only takes a Conlon free-kick special or something.

Taking the above into account I'm all for a 5-4-1 formation with two wing-backs for this game. Try to make us difficult to create against and still be in the game late on. Something like -

Covolan

Worrrall

Legge

Smith

Cass

Gibbons

Walker

Pett

Garrity

Conlon

Amoo

Not a fan of Amoo as a striker but would give him the nod over Rodney at the moment. We can't just sit back all game and hope for the best so it's important our wing-backs get forward at every opportunity, and same with our midfielders who can take it in turns to bomb forward to support Amoo (or Rodney) knowing Walker is behind them.

Evening folks,

Got 1 adult and 1 child ticket for Burton on Saturday in the standing section. Unfortunately, my lad has suffered a small fracture in his foot. Is there anyone who would be willing to swap and adult and child in the seated area for my standing ones? We live in Biddulph and am willing to come and collect them whenever this week in the evening.

Thanks

4 hours ago, philmpv said:

Bit of a long shot but does anybody know whether our game has been chosen for international broadcast and, if so, the countries and channels that it will be on? Ta

ESPN in the US has taken Ipswich v Barrow as the Saturday 3pm kick off so I guess not. 

Fred Andrews Avatar
Fred Andrews
1st Team
Nov 29, 2021 at 9:47pm

Port Vale fans are always a pain in the arse. Can never behave themselves in the away end and are the only side who can never fit in there if the allocation is either sold out or close to it. Yet every other side, no problem..
Just found this gem on Burtons forum I've being there twice a 1-1 draw and a 2-0 defeat under Rob Page and both times the fans were having a beer in local Burton pubs and getting on well with the locals I mean the 2-0 defeat v them was a great awayday spoilt by the football which was drab to say the least think that was the season where we lost 0-4 at home against them .
Being holding off getting a ticket up to yet as wasn't feeling too good early in the week but hopefully be able get one tomoz .
Any idea whst time they send tickets back cannot quite believe we ain't sold out but not surprising with this new variant .
Be interesting see how many we take think minimum 1600 max 1850 UTV 

'Port Vale fans are always a pain in the arse. Can never behave themselves in the away end and are the only side who can never fit in there if the allocation is either sold out or close to it. Yet every other side, no problem..'

He is correct to be fair. The first time we played there (1-0 defeat IIRC) we spilled out of the front of the stand and they had to move about 100 of us into the side stand terrace, moving home supporters to accomodate us. 

No surprise we struggle to understand how to act when we're at capacity, when we're used to having 4 seats each at home matches.

1 minute ago, jjvale_03 said:

'Port Vale fans are always a pain in the arse. Can never behave themselves in the away end and are the only side who can never fit in there if the allocation is either sold out or close to it. Yet every other side, no problem..'

He is correct to be fair. The first time we played there (1-0 defeat IIRC) we spilled out of the front of the stand and they had to move about 100 of us into the side stand terrace, moving home supporters to accomodate us. 

No surprise we struggle to understand how to act when we're at capacity, when we're used to having 4 seats each at home matches.

Oh right that game .

Didn't go that one but yes come think of it something did go on in that particular game ,was that on a tues night .

I think this game has grown in importance in the last two weeks.

January will be a big month. Hughes, Purse, Jones, and Birchall (+ Griff from March) were vital in getting us over the line in 12/13.

We may need a similarly big month, considering injuries. A win on Saturday is prize money + the potential for a money-maker in Round 3. That could be the difference between Signing A and Signing B. Carol won't risk the club's finances (rightly so) so reinforcements will need properly funding. 

If we can nick something here it sets up us for a crucial 5 games in the league where we simply can't afford to fall away from the top 3 too much. 

Archived