onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R2 Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

Really must say how well we’ve done to reach the first round. Most teams at our level to get this far will have played a non league side or another side in our division. We’ve had to beat two mid table sides in the division above, both not easy draws. Great for the clubs finances and I would love Man U away to get us a big pay day. 

Advert

7 hours ago, Doha said:

Yeovil, Boreham Wood/St Albans or Kidderminster/Halifax at home followed by Man Utd away in R4 🤞🤞🤞

All about the money. £82,000 prize money for R3 followed by half the gate receipts of a premiership side away, who in turn have been known to donate the prize money to EFL clubs. That'd be another £90,000 on top if so.

Lincoln's fairly recent cup run built them a new £1.3m training ground. One of our own could build us the transfer war chest to piss this tinpot league even with Wilson/Proctor/Lloyd all out. 

We're already up £56k from the two wins, plus an unknown amount of gate receipts. That's a forward in January covered already. 

I think the gates receipts are a four way split but I don’t know the percentages. It’s split between the two clubs, the FA and some of the money goes into (a pool). I don’t know what happens to this money I presume the pool money goes some way to paying the prize money for winning each round.

Interesting take on the game on their board.

I agree the officials were bad, but to say that we played the ref is utterly ridiculous. They were fouling Conlon literally straight from kick-off and Amoo and Rodney came in for some rough stuff as well (Rodney went down early doors and I was surprised he made it up even to HT tbh). Then there was the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see, although the ref got no help from the linesman in front of us who was constantly behind the play and comically, in one incident 2nd half was so far behind that he put a flag up for offside after about 10 secs of the crowd shouting for it! The ref did nothing to stop their pull backs which in the Premier League are instant yellows. Also the follow through on Stone was completely unwarranted and also deserving of a red. 

It was a good day for DC yesterday after the obvious disappointments of Oldham and Walsall (which I’m sure is still festering away) and he got everything right. He turned us round again at kick-off which I thought was a mistake as it would be better attacking our fans with the wind 2nd half, but having the wind made it harder, and the number of times the ball ran out of play (and moved whilst trying to take freekicks) was ridiculous. So whilst there was criticism (me included) that 1st half we’d created little, compare this to them 2nd half and there was nothing, save for the tame header towards the end which preceded the stamp. Again something people need to consider when having a go at Rodney (outstanding 2nd half) and Amoo (battled away all day). 

We weren’t at our sparkling best but the conditions didn’t allow it, and for them to say it looked L1 vs L2 is a bit disingenuous. We conceded a poor goal literally out of nothing, then defended stoutly for 10 mins or so (superb clearance from Jones) but to say we rode our luck is just simply not true. We definitely came out more aggressive 2nd half and showed that extra bit of desire and ultimately quality to win the game. At 75 mins I was feeling frustrated that it looked like a soft goal would ultimately decide a game we really ought to have got something out of but once the equaliser went in you could sense the belief rise and I felt we’d get a 2nd. 

It was good to see us manage the game out pretty comfortably (so no repeat of Oldham or Sutton) and to my mind the right result in the end.

No question in my mind about the next round… Man Utd away. As this is Vale I suspect we’ll probably get Swindon (did I read right that they took 2,000+ to Walsall??) or Morecombe away.

Evil evil DC up to his interrupting tricks again!

Poor Dennis is doing his interview and that horrible man starts singing “da da da da da da Dennis Politic” at him in the background. How evil. Get him out of our club… no no… get him in jail. Monster.

Even forces Dennis to say that he “loves the gaff” … probably by giving him an evil stare.

The Devil he is.

Interesting take on the game on their board.
I agree the officials were bad, but to say that we played the ref is utterly ridiculous. They were fouling Conlon literally straight from kick-off and Amoo and Rodney came in for some rough stuff as well (Rodney went down early doors and I was surprised he made it up even to HT tbh). Then there was the most blatant penalty you’ll ever see, although the ref got no help from the linesman in front of us who was constantly behind the play and comically, in one incident 2nd half was so far behind that he put a flag up for offside after about 10 secs of the crowd shouting for it! The ref did nothing to stop their pull backs which in the Premier League are instant yellows. Also the follow through on Stone was completely unwarranted and also deserving of a red. 
It was a good day for DC yesterday after the obvious disappointments of Oldham and Walsall (which I’m sure is still festering away) and he got everything right. He turned us round again at kick-off which I thought was a mistake as it would be better attacking our fans with the wind 2nd half, but having the wind made it harder, and the number of times the ball ran out of play (and moved whilst trying to take freekicks) was ridiculous. So whilst there was criticism (me included) that 1st half we’d created little, compare this to them 2nd half and there was nothing, save for the tame header towards the end which preceded the stamp. Again something people need to consider when having a good at Rodney and Amoo. 
We weren’t at our sparkling best but the conditions didn’t allow it, and for them to say it looked L1 vs L2 is a bit disingenuous. We conceded a poor goal literally out of nothing, then defended stoutly for 10 mins or so (superb clearance from Jones) but to say we rode our luck is just simply not true. We definitely came out more aggressive 2nd half and showed that extra bit of desire and ultimately quality to win the game. At 75 mins I was feeling frustrated that it looked like a soft goal would ultimately decide a game we really ought to have got something out of but once the equaliser went in you could sense the belief rise and I felt we’d get a 2nd. 
It was good to see us manage the game out pretty comfortably (so no repeat of Oldham or Sutton) and to my mind the right result in the end.
No question in my mind about the next round… Man Utd away. As this is Vale I suspect we’ll probably get Swindon (did I read right that they took 2,000+ to Walsall??) or Morecombe away.

For 75 minutes of that game we were the better side, they had a 15 minute spell where all the chances came after the goal.

When we got the ball down and played we looked the higher league side. The move for Amoos chance with the flick was joyous to see.

Considering we’ve faced 5 league one sides, won 2, drew the leaders with our fringe players, robbed against Sunderland with a dodgy penalty and shouldn’t have been beaten at Bolton with the dominance we had that league looks meh this season. If Burton are a top ten side we have nothing to fear if we go up.

If they thought there was a division gap between the two during yesterdays game they must of thought Burton wore white.

9 hours ago, toyahw said:

Politic is crap by the way. Total crap. Let no one else say anything different. Total garbage.  Hope Bolton recall him.  Or let him go on a free. Please read this anyone from Bolton FC.

Don't worry they are all over him on all social networks. ALL 100% want him back. 

Most of them saying give him a place on the bench until the end of the season and see if he performs. !!  

43 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Don't worry they are all over him on all social networks. ALL 100% want him back. 

Most of them saying give him a place on the bench until the end of the season and see if he performs. !!  

Look at the goals. He played the long ball out to set Rodney away for the first from virtually our penalty spot, then played a neat ball to Conlon, to find Rodney who then fed Politic to round Garrity. What I’m saying is that his work ethic / ability to get up and down the pitch has been questioned but he certainly did yesterday in the 15 mins he was on.

But yes I agree, he’s lazy, doesn’t look interested, has two left feet and hates the manager. Send him back to Bolton and let him be their problem 😩

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Also, I love Clarke. Check out him chanting Politic’s name during his interview. 

How can you not like Darrell? Could you imagine John Askey doing that? What a man. 

The team spirit is second to none. I’ve never seen players who were on the bench celebrate so much. The scenes after the game tell you everything about this football club. 

Who cares if we don’t have any forwards, we will make do and come out on the better side - I firmly believe that! 

8 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

How can you not like Darrell? Could you imagine John Askey doing that? What a man. 

The team spirit is second to none. I’ve never seen players who were on the bench celebrate so much. The scenes after the game tell you everything about this football club. 

Who cares if we don’t have any forwards, we will make do and come out on the better side - I firmly believe that! 

There's a winners mentality at Vale for sure. A strong League 2 side and more than capable of competing in League 1. Politic is class, should be playing at higher levels, I'd love him to come to Vale even for the interim.

We need an experienced goalscorer to guide us through the next couple of months, similar to what Lee Hughes did.

All positive and fantastic turnaround yesterday.

Thank you lads and particularly Dennis Politic.

UTV

i knew DC was the perfect fit for us last season. some people just fit into a club some dont. Yesterday was a great win and to come back after that first half shows some guts. Officials were their usual substandard selves. and yes that was a blatant pen we were denied but hey ho. Would love a tie at home this time but ill settle for liverpool away.

Side note. anyone else noticed Lee Blakeman hasnt been commentating on vale games since weve been doing so well. what an utter UTTER c0ckw0mble. Man i despise that stain on the blanket of creation.

4 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

i knew DC was the perfect fit for us last season. some people just fit into a club some dont. Yesterday was a great win and to come back after that first half shows some guts. Officials were their usual substandard selves. and yes that was a blatant pen we were denied but hey ho. Would love a tie at home this time but ill settle for liverpool away.

Side note. anyone else noticed Lee Blakeman hasnt been commentating on vale games since weve been doing so well. what an utter UTTER c0ckw0mble. Man i despise that stain on the blanket of creation.

Blakeman is moving himself up the ladder I think, he’s done some other higher teams too as well as stoke. 

Archived