onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC R2 Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Quality pass for the first, PHENOMENAL for the second, from Rodney. The first was like Politic against Orient again and the second a repeat of his Barrow goal.

Hard to tell first half from the distance who it was exactly but I see on the highlights it was Jones who blocked on the line for the bar richochet to keep us in it.

I thought Rodney had a good game too. The ball for the second goal is impossible to defend against. 

Notice that today the main chances we created all came from our right wing back and were all similar, in the first half gibbo pulled one back for Amoo and 2 for Garrity (one was a definite pen). Then second half worrall pulled one back for the first goal. We are so well drilled at that passage of play that we get a lot of joy from it.

The Jones clearance off the line was as good as goal, I’m sure it was gibbo or smith that blocked one second half on the line too. Great work all round from the defence I thought. 

Advert

Guest Vale at home
3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Just to say thank yours without this I wouldn’t have seen any highlights 

Thank you so very much. Well Done The Vale . 

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Maybe if every first team striker is out injured we might actually play Worrall where the man was born to play.

Politic Rodney Worrall until January

unless Rodney is injured. Then it gets interesting

This is where I'm happy to be called a Political nerd!!

2 hours ago, Old fort said:

Vale have not been as resilient as this since the mid 90's. 

Don't agree with the easy tie in the next round bit because whoever we get, Vale don't do easy ties  Having said that, if we could scrape to round 4, we should have either or both Wilson and Dr. Proctor back. Then we could take anyone, home or away

Surely a home tie will suit us better? Any Premiership club would be a big bonus.

Another game of 2 halves where we seemed to struggle with the conditions first half more than they did.  I just took a look at their forum and the consensus is that they threw it away rather than offering much credit to our much improved second half performance. That said here’s a nice quote from one poster on there: “Well done to our incredibly intelligent fans for singing “We forgot that you were here” etc at some of the loudest fans they’ll ever hear.  I hate playing Port Vale but their fans make a great noise.”

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Another game of 2 halves where we seemed to struggle with the conditions first half more than they did.  I just took a look at their forum and the consensus is that they threw it away rather than offering much credit to our much improved second half performance. That said here’s a nice quote from one poster on there: “Well done to our incredibly intelligent fans for singing “We forgot that you were here” etc at some of the loudest fans they’ll ever hear.  I hate playing Port Vale but their fans make a great noise.”

We were half the crowd. SVA

Yeovil, Boreham Wood/St Albans or Kidderminster/Halifax at home followed by Man Utd away in R4 🤞🤞🤞

All about the money. £82,000 prize money for R3 followed by half the gate receipts of a premiership side away, who in turn have been known to donate the prize money to EFL clubs. That'd be another £90,000 on top if so.

Lincoln's fairly recent cup run built them a new £1.3m training ground. One of our own could build us the transfer war chest to piss this tinpot league even with Wilson/Proctor/Lloyd all out. 

We're already up £56k from the two wins, plus an unknown amount of gate receipts. That's a forward in January covered already. 

My marks on a fantastic afternoon at Burton  

Stone 7 no chance with goal but did well 

Smith 8 superb

Jones 8 that block in the first half tremendous he stopped a certain goal .

Martin 7 

Benning 6 

Gibbons 9 my man of the match going forwards tremendous but more importantly he made a block second half which could have being a goal in the context of the game it was huge .

Garrity 8 puts a tremendous amount of work in he maybe should have scored with a header and he defo should have had a penalty as he was defo brought down in first half .

Pett 8 moves the ball shot over second half thought he was tremendous as like Garrity  

Conlon 8 

Amoo 7 unlucky not score when lobbing the keeper and had a decent first half effort saved then went off injured  .

Rodney 8.5 he as played a major role in the win the ball through to Politic was sublime well done young man.

Subs Cass 8 comes on passes tge ball to a white shirt played a lovely ball to Worrall who played it to Politic 1-1 ,his defensive work very good also .

Worrall 8 assist 

Politic 8.9 thank you you have made a 50 year old very happy what a contribution that was magnificent .

Brilliant Vale 

Archived