Match Thread: FLT R2 Rotherham United v Port Vale

Fosse69

23 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Surely a game for Burgess to play .

Tidy footballer good luck to the lad hope if selected he puts in a good display .

I'd go with 

Stone 

Cass Legge Johnson Benning 

Burgess Walker 

Politic     Conlon     Hurst 

Unknown (Lloyd if fit enough play ).

Looks a good side that night off for all the others bench made up of hungry youth team with Pett Garrity if required and Amoo or Rodney as a goal v these could kick start his season and who's to say he wouldn't get one .

That's my team obviously if Taylor fit he can play the Conlon role  

Legge to score for Vale and Vale to progress with 2-1 win 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Santa said:

Can Legge or Martin play up front? I long for the old days of central defenders going up front and being pretty good at it: Swanny, Paul Warhurst, Chris Sutton, Walsh at Leicester. Feels like a dying art. 

A few of us can remember Tommy Cheadle filling in at Centre Forward, but I cant remember if he was any good.

I’d go

Stone

gibbo Walker Martin Johnson benning

Burgess.      Pett

Garrity

Rodney     Amoo

Conlon obviously if he is able to play, same with smith. I’d like to see Walker given a go at the back think him bringing the ball out as a natural passer of the ball could be valuable this season. Would rest more but don’t have the players to come in! 

Edited by valiant_593

On the striking dilemma, is Eden Bailey fit again?

He was supposed to be out for a month back during the Colchester game so he should be recovered around now. 

I'm not suggesting remotely that we start with a just fit again youth teamer, but he may be useful to have on the bench.