onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R2 Rotherham United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Controversial opinion… is Burgess better than Jake Taylor?

On form, Burgess is a decent player. He just lost his way last season, as did a fair few of our players to be fair. Glad to see him involved again.

5 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Looked a lot better second half. We started to keep the ball, play in their half and therefore created chances. 

Jones was poor again I thought. We improved when Benning came on.

Rodney became more of a threat second half and looked as if he was interested. However, I’m still yet to be convinced about him. His strengths are his pace and power which have nothing to do with his footballing ability. 

Overall, we lack potency without proper strikers. 

I've been impressed with Benning in his last 2 appearances, certainly showing a bit more fight. bite and quality.

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

It would have been very easy for Rodney to sky that pen. Possibly nervous after a dodgy start to the season, keeper spoke to him to psych him out, ended up cooly rolling in a great pen right into the corner. I know it's just a penalty in the tinpot cup but I'm hoping that calm composed finish under a little bit of pressure will be a useful confidence boost for him. 

I thought that with Rodney shame amoo missed the pen after scoring would of done his confidence the world of good 

Unlucky tonight, they threw on their big guns second half whilst ours are either injured or where in the stand and we had the chances to win that comfortably with the chances we had which bodes well.

lads who came in did well.

blow for Politic tho leaves us what 2 fit forwards?

28 minutes ago, Pheonix Vale said:

Stone played well in the Game, But did'nt save any of their penalties - if we had put Lucas on  just for the shootout, would he have saved any penalties ? He saved two in the final for Torquay. He has saved one in a match for us. But perhaps it would have been unfair to replace Stone ? ?

Rotherham penalties were all good ones - keeper didn’t have a chance 

Good effort from Vale tonight against a decent team, shouldn't be over awed on Saturday.

Tough crown in here tonight, Rodney did well , he rode the hefty challenge from the defender and was off balance when he shot wide, he could have taken another touch but then either the defender of the goalie could have got to him, held the ball up and laid it off well.

How the heck did their goalie save the cannon back off their defender at the end.

2 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Good effort from Vale tonight against a decent team, shouldn't be over awed on Saturday.

Tough crown in here tonight, Rodney did well , he rode the hefty challenge from the defender and was off balance when he shot wide, he could have taken another touch but then either the defender of the goalie could have got to him, held the ball up and laid it off well.

How the heck did their goalie save the cannon back off their defender at the end.

Yeah we did alright.  Just a shame we couldn't edge it.  Gutted. But not a time to get on anyone's back for me. 

Archived