onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT R2 Rotherham United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Just a visit to the League 1  Leaders (15 games unbeaten) standing between us and a place in the next round and £20,000 prize money. Bear in mind the need to prepare for our FA Cup visit to the Brewers and our League priority. What will be the Millers priority remains to be seen.  Conlon is available, we could field more youngsters than usual with a run of injuries and new parenthood reducing options. So, the result of less consequence than usual. 

Advert

Who should we play for this one with injuries piling up? who are we prepared to risk,not many strikers if any to choose from,even the youth team ones are injured.

Is this game worth the risk of losing more players for league games

Oh to be the manager,some tough choices i think.... I am sure we could see Burgess play in this one though

No idea what team we will play but for me something like this;

Stone

Gibbo Smith Legge Johnson Benning

Conlon Walker Burgess

Politic Rodney

7 changes that from Saturday but still a strong team, maybe Gibbo for 45 miutes and then Worrall at half-time providing no injuries.

It's one of them games where how much do you want it .

The prize money starts getting better as you progress but do we want any more injuries this trophy putting Popey out last season .

Team be as competitive as possible .

Rotherham are doing superbly but we usually do OK at that new stadium .

Team well let's go through the players who need be fresh for Burton  so in my opinion shouldn't be played but if are so be it 

Pett Garrity Gibbons Amoo Rodney Walker Worrall Covalan Smith 

So team anyone from the rest of the squad if fit enough play .

UTV 

4 hours ago, valefan79 said:

No idea what team we will play but for me something like this;

Stone

Gibbo Smith Legge Johnson Benning

Conlon Walker Burgess

Politic Rodney

7 changes that from Saturday but still a strong team, maybe Gibbo for 45 miutes and then Worrall at half-time providing no injuries.

I certainly wouldn't be risking Gibbo in this game and i dont think we will

I would guess at Stone,Legge,Amos,Politic,Benning and maybe Jones but other than that no idea

No way should Gibbo or Worrall play.  Maybe keep Martin and Johnson in. They've not had many minutes this season. Same with Walker.  Get Leggey back in for some minutes.  Smithy probably hasn't got enough sleep. Jones and Benning. who didn't play Sat (other than sub)? Maybe even Conlon after his rest Sat? Assuming we play five at the back something like

Cov

Jones Martin Legge Johnson Benning

Walker Garrity Conlon

Rodders Politic

(assuming none of the injured will be available)

I'd be tempted to keep Johnson and Martin in, in front of Stone - give them more minutes and see if they can form an understanding which would allow us to swap CB pairings around? Walker - again...more minutes. Politic, Burgess to start and have to persevere with Rodney. Covolan, Garrity and Pett on the bench and hope not to have to call on them. The other playing places to be filled by whoever we need to have game time? 

Archived