onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Forum notice - email updates / Tapatalk

robf

Advert

7 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Any timescale on when the app will be working again Rob? 

You beat me by seven minutes @philmpv !!!

The app is back now HOWEVER... tests are still ongoing so it may be taken down again. Hopefully, if all is OK it will stay up but if you are a regular app user, please be aware there is still a chance of it going down again.

Just to explain the reasoning - it is creating a lot of error messages, Tapatalk support are not responding quickly to my questions... the error messages are putting a large load on the site so are risking taking the whole site down.

So my decision was to stop the app and inconvenience some users rather than see the site crash and inconvenience everyone. 

Right now, I think the issue is resolved but if the errors start again, I will take it down to stop the whole site crashing. 

Hope that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Properman said:

Rob why every time I go on a thread off you do I have to sign in , I can not just look at the thread.

You'll have to explain more clearly. 

What threads, what forum sections, what are you using (a browser or the app)?

There is usually a little tick box that says something like "Keep me logged in" when you enter your details, have you ticked that?

When you have finished reading a thread, do you keep pressing the back button until you get to where you were before you logged in? If you are doing this, try to clicking "home" at the top to look for the next thread instead of pressing back because sometimes if you go back to where you were before you logged in it may sign you back out.

@Properman what I was trying to find out was if it was this section of the forum or everywhere I post.

I think, although I am guessing a bit here as your posts aren't clear, the clue is that you're talking about my Marathon (in both senses of the word) posts in this particular section.

This section "Comments and announcements" was set so it can only be viewed by logged in accounts. Not guests. 

I believe that what was probably happening was you weren't logged on on your tablet and so you could only view the parts of the forum guests could see. So you could read all the Port Vale present posts. However, my posts on here would appear on the "Hot Topics" section and when you clicked you couldn't read them.

I have now changed the settings so guests can read posts in here too. 

I hope that makes sense.

36 minutes ago, robf said:

@Properman what I was trying to find out was if it was this section of the forum or everywhere I post.

I think, although I am guessing a bit here as your posts aren't clear, the clue is that you're talking about my Marathon (in both senses of the word) posts in this particular section.

This section "Comments and announcements" was set so it can only be viewed by logged in accounts. Not guests. 

I believe that what was probably happening was you weren't logged on on your tablet and so you could only view the parts of the forum guests could see. So you could read all the Port Vale present posts. However, my posts on here would appear on the "Hot Topics" section and when you clicked you couldn't read them.

I have now changed the settings so guests can read posts in here too. 

I hope that makes sense.

I think you are right. I have just gone on and did not have to log in, only to reply to you. That must have been the issue, although when you did your run you might have stopped a few donating to you who were not members. Ta Rob

Archived