Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

It was all about the result. They were absolutely appalling , possibly the worst side I've seen . However you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that. 

It was at a canter in reality but 1-0 is always open for an equaliser. 

Again the MOTM was staggering, Gibbons , I nearly fell off my seat he was terrible today with his distribution and first touch. 

Positive is the clean sheet although I think my granny would of coped with what they offered . 

Vital result today. And a smirk as Smallsall after their biggest win for 100 years plus the other night lost to Carlisle. Not so genius like tonight for Taylor. 

Advert:

Not really related to the match but sat on the car park at my lads work after the game to get him from work.  Blakeman did my head in. Must of said at least 3 times that Vale have a fortnight off League duties. No we don't Lee , how about doing your proper research or looking at a website first you plank. 

Awful journalism and don't start me on Angela 😂

• Haha 1

Thought Rodders had a decent game myself.  I'll get me coat.  I don't know why some Vale fans have the need to find a player to pick on. Also Johnson did generally well given he's hardly played, ditto Walker.  On the rater  I gave everyone a seven (would have been a 6.5 if allowed) with extra marks for Garrity and Pett.

• Like 3

Advert:

1 hour ago, Beech said:

Thought Walker made a big difference. He offers a presence in the middle oft the park we haven't had, and he will only get better the more he plays.

He had a decent game,looks a bit sluggish but i guess that will get better with games(needs to play Tuesday to help with that),the thing now is where will Conlon fit in,as he will no doubt have to play,tough choice for DC as i thought in the end all 3 in the middle had decent games

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It was all about the result. They were absolutely appalling , possibly the worst side I've seen . However you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that. 

It was at a canter in reality but 1-0 is always open for an equaliser. 

Again the MOTM was staggering, Gibbons , I nearly fell off my seat he was terrible today with his distribution and first touch. 

Positive is the clean sheet although I think my granny would of coped with what they offered . 

Vital result today. And a smirk as Smallsall after their biggest win for 100 years plus the other night lost to Carlisle. Not so genius like tonight for Taylor. 

Personally my Motm was either Garrity or Pett. I even thought Johnson did well considering he hasn’t played a league game for a while. But your definition of terrible must be set at a low bar I thought gibbo was driving us forward up the pitch when we needed to. Linked up well with Rodney. Kept it simple. Unlucky not to score and put in a couple of decent balls first half (arguably one he should have taken on himself). The main thing I’d say was a negative was running it out of play a couple of times first half. The positives far outweigh any negatives for me and I thought he was steady and did enough to get us through the game. Equally on the other side Worrall was pretty much the same too. But show me a player on the pitch who didn’t give the ball away at some point. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t understand your comment, 15 minutes AFTER the match, on my comment made DURING the game we were leading 1-0 in but coming increasingly under the cosh from a very poor side….

Under the cosh,i never saw it that way,yes we sat back at times,they played tippy tappy around the area putting in one or two decent through balls which came to nothing,so i dont agree we were under the cosh(they had to come at us to get anything out of the game)

• Like 1

I don’t see the need to drop anyone to accommodate Conlon straight away. If we win and look cohesive and comfortable without him, just play the same again, and have him available to freshen up or start the next game if it goes wrong in the cup. Start the same team in the next game, they won and looked comfortable, admittedly I could have played and we would have been fine, but still.

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, PV1973 said:

Personally my Motm was either Garrity or Pett. But your definition of terrible must be set at a low bar I thought gibbo was driving us forward up the pitch when we needed to. Linked up well with Rodney. Kept it simple. Unlucky not to score and put in a couple of decent balls first half (arguably one he should have taken on himself). The main thing I’d say was a negative was running it out of play a couple of times first half. The positives far outweigh any negatives for me and I thought he was steady and did enough to get us through the game. Equally on the other side Worrall was pretty much the same too. But show me a player on the pitch who didn’t give the ball away at some point. 

Yes terrible by his standards I should of said. Which are very very high. I thought he was really poor today myself. Twice took the ball out on the touchline and once when we were under pressure gave an awful ball straight to them. 

As always he's passionate and energetic I just felt today he lacked quality. I realise that is very harsh. It's because he's been so good.

As a footnote am I alone in thinking that Johnson has a bizarre running gait ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes terrible by his standards I should of said. Which are very very high. I thought he was really poor today myself. Twice took the ball out on the touchline and once when we were under pressure gave an awful ball straight to them. 

As always he's passionate and energetic I just felt today he lacked quality. I realise that is very harsh. It's because he's been so good.

no he just cant run!!!!!😄

• Haha 1

Advert:

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

A player running a ball out or giving the ball away at some point isn’t the sole defining moment of their whole 90 minute game for me. There were many more positive moments to outweigh those minor negatives I felt. Overall I thought as a whole we did enough to get through the game, we didn’t really  hit any real highs or any real lows. It was just enough to see them off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

A player running a ball out or giving the ball away at some point isn’t the sole defining moment of their whole 90 minute game for me. There were many more positive moments to outweigh those minor negatives I felt. Overall I thought as a whole we did enough to get through the game, we didn’t really  hit any real highs or any real lows. It was just enough to see them off. 

I agree I was more questioning the MOTM award. Could think of Garrity ,Pett, Walker and the much maligned Martin who were all possible candidates. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

Proctor on the pitch on Tuesday but now not even on the bench? Is that a set back?

He went up for a challenge with the keeper and after that i thought he was limping,maybe a bit to soon for him to come on in that game after his injury so we might be giving him more time

• Like 2