onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

No, he sustained another injury unrelated to the one he had just recovered from.

thats why he wasn’t in the squad.

I know he sustained another injury but I don't have the medical knowledge to state definitely that it was or wasn't related to the previous one. The bottom line is, he obviously wasn't at full fitness on Tuesday so playing him was a risk. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I know he sustained another injury but I don't have the medical knowledge to state definitely that it was or wasn't related to the previous one. The bottom line is, he obviously wasn't at full fitness on Tuesday so playing him was a risk. 

How is he supposed to get to full fitness not playing minutes on the pitch 

Went the match and whilst no one stood out everyone gave 10/10 for effort. Exactly what was needed considering Hartlepool were basically playing the 'Vale Possibles' team (one for the old 'uns).

Reading through the thread I think so many different players were considered by at least one poster as having a decent game that every player got a 'shout out'.

Isn't that exactly what our team and goalscoring is all about ... Because they are not playing at the minute Wilson and Procter have become demi-god strikers that no team can do without. Well as far as I can see neither are prolific and more importantly we are still scoring goals. 

Perhaps Rodney and Amoo are still equally contributing to the team ethic as  they are giving 100% commitment plus with both of them having pace to burn could it just possibly be that opposition Managers would prefer to face a club with a 20 goal a season striker and have just one problem to solve rather than a team that has goals elsewhere throughout the team and two speedy front men who are pulling their donkey centre halves all over the park.

It's a team game, we have goals throughout the team, and it's exactly as DC said at the start of the season to all, including me, that were decrying the lack of a 20 goal striker.

Just my thoughts.

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Proctor played for 20 minutes on Tuesday night after coming on as a substitute, his first appearance since his injury. Yesterday we didn't have a full bench but Proctor wasn't even in the squad. Doesn't that suggest he came back too soon? 

No it suggests he got another injury which was basically bad luck. 

The fact of the matter is we have gone for a high risk high reward strategy with the strikers in particular. Proctor and Wilson haven’t been consistently available throughout their careers and Proctor hasn’t played a full season for five odd years. It was great when they were available, players only playing in league 2 because of their injury records fit and rinsing league 2 defences, now they’re not and realistically we’re very vulnerable. I know people are going to say Wilson broke his foot how can DC predict that etc. but if it wasn’t that, history proves it would just be something else. He can put it right in the transfer window but we need a tight AF defence now because is Rodney going to score for fun? Look at the fixtures coming up in the league. We need to go back to the set up to defend and nick the goals through hard graft. This formation lives or dies by holding the ball up, giving the wing backs time to cement a place over the half way line and retaining the ball high up the pitch. With the ball pinging back off Rodney and Amoo the opposites happens against decent teams, the team gets caught defending across their won box with 5 players who can’t get free. We need players as good as Wilson and Proctor in the window, but before then there’s five league games, it looks tough on paper and <ovf censored> me it only gets harder after January. I am glad we’ve got DC and I think he gets 9 out of every 10 decisions right, and he needs to get this one right. Bristol Rovers will be an interesting one because we still have the players available to slap the head off them.

There's something missing from this 'Proctor wasn't ready' scenario.

The player himself.

Did he tell DC he was ready and DC took him at face value? Maybe he genuinely thought he was ready and DC was only too happy to accommodate him given our current paucity of fit, effective strikers. Maybe he thought he could just run it off. Either way it wouldn't be DC's fault.

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

The player himself.

Did he tell DC he was ready and DC took him at face value? Maybe he genuinely thought he was ready and DC was only too happy to accommodate him given our current paucity of fit, effective strikers. Maybe he thought he could just run it off. Either way it wouldn't be DC's fault.

Do we know what the Doc said about his situation as well??

10 hours ago, Heatwave said:

The player himself.

Is it the same injury?

22 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

I think that we can all be in agreement that Rodders needs the support from the fans (like all our players) but it doesn’t change the situation that at the moment, regardless of the fans booing or backing him, he isn’t playing well enough. Especially if we want a promotion push and with our 2 main strikers out.

He’s one of the more frustrating players we have. Seems to have a lot of the tools to be a good footballer but he just seems to have lost the tool box.

Has the toolbox but sometimes seems to be lacking the inclination to open it.

On 24/11/2021 at 12:51, mbycars said:

Not sure about all the hype about Politic. He made the headlines when he 1st got into the side as a sub and scored 2 cracking goals. Other than that he has done very little and has looked anonymous in the games i have seen. Proctor shouldn't start he is no where near fit enough or fully recovered from his op. He needs at least a couple more weeks otherwise he could end up being out long term.

Politic is clearly a very technically able player and looks class on the ball. He has not been great in recent weeks but that goes for nearly everyone in the side. 

Archived