onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

So happy to hear Ryan Johnson had a very good game looks to me on stats cause thats all I can go on as was not there that bringing the 4 players in worked a treat .
Walker plays we get a clean sheet yes I know he ain't the goalie but he certainly toughens that midfield area up only good for the club that the squad players are hungry enough step in and show there value .
Pett and Garrity I think they are brilliant be interesting see team chosen for Burton because should walk back in I do not think he should and neither should Smith (a clean sheet was very needed and very deserved by the stats ).
How many clean sheets is that this season.
Let's get Rodney's head up we need something special for the very good away following next week let's hope he can give it us (he can I'm.sureof it and doesn't it take a few games get back up to speed ).
Somebody give me tge ratings in there opinion of players yesterday not tge sentinels thanks .
UTV

I'd say across the board 6.5 for everyone. 

Garrity Pett Walker and Martin vying for Star man with 7 to 7.5 .

Lucas had literally nothing to do all game .

We were functional whilst nowhere near our best so we can use that as a positive.

I'll be a devil and plump for Garrity just as he came back really strongly after his poor performance in the week and the horrible interview he gave where he was clearly upset . 

Advert

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'd say across the board 6.5 for everyone. 

Garrity Pett Walker and Martin vying for Star man with 7 to 7.5 .

Lucas had literally nothing to do all game .

We were functional whilst nowhere near our best so we can use that as a positive.

I'll be a devil and plump for Garrity just as he came back really strongly after his poor performance in the week and the horrible interview he gave where he was clearly upset . 

Put gibbo in as a contender 

We will do well keep hold of him 

Thought it was a "professional" performance against a poor side, the kind of result that you look back on when promoted as one of the games that get you where you are.

Yes, against better opposition that team may have struggled, and may yet do so but with the injuries we have I thought every player stood up to be counted and did their job. 

We will play more 'Hartlepools' than 'Forest Greens' in the coming months and these games are the ones where a couple of goals and a clean sheet can make quite a difference when/if goal difference comes into play.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's imperative to keep with the chasing pack, especially with the injuries we now have but hopefully with the cash fri\om the Bradford game, Walsall's 1500 and even a hearty 350-odd from Hartlepool we can strengthen in January and Proctor and Wilson coming back towadrs the nitty gritty end of the season will seem like additions too.

Not a classic game but the 3 points and the manner in which 'fringe' players slotted in all bodes well.

Can't believe people are actually moaning about anyone that mentions Rodney being poor this season. Far better footballers get criticised all the time, just as they are praised when they deserve it. Devante got a lot of praise at times last season, none more so than from myself.

Nobody should be booing him, or any Vale player for that matter, inside any football stadium. But criticising his performances and/or record this season on a forum is hardly a criminal act.

I think that we can all be in agreement that Rodders needs the support from the fans (like all our players) but it doesn’t change the situation that at the moment, regardless of the fans booing or backing him, he isn’t playing well enough. Especially if we want a promotion push and with our 2 main strikers out.

He’s one of the more frustrating players we have. Seems to have a lot of the tools to be a good footballer but he just seems to have lost the tool box.

Archived