onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

Advert

Another cracking example of how football fans don’t help themselves.

It was said before the game on radio Stoke, can’t remember who by, that Devante Rodney is the type of player who needs to feel the feel the love to be confident and play well.

I would be willing to bet that if the crowd collectively got behind him and supported him and encouraged him he would benefit massively and get his confidence back.

Would that be good for him - yes

Would that be good for the vale - yes

Would that be good for the fans - yes

Will the fans do it - no, the opposite in fact

Must admit, I didn’t hear any booing at Rodney either. Not saying it didn’t happen. Maybe it was because I had my hood on all game.

IMO if we have aspirations of promotion, I’m afraid at the moment Rodders isn’t the answer.

As I said previously, how long do we wait for him to find form? Especially with Wilson and Proctor out?

I never realised how many medical experts were Vale fans?
Indeed. It seems that we have some who know the exact extent of the original injury, and having earned an online medical degree by reading a hernia article, feel confident to pronounce without question that he's been rushed back. They also know without doubt that the new injury is inextricably linked to the old injury. I feel safer than I ever have at VP now, in the event of a medical emergency

Rodney has recently had a baby so we don't know what's going on in his life currently.

It might be linked to his performances. It might not. He might not be getting much sleep. He might be supporting his partner more than usual. He might be going through a rough time personally. We don't know.

He hasn't become a bad player overnight though.

Like others have said, he probably just needs our support more than ever. And needs a goal more than ever.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Another cracking example of how football fans don’t help themselves.

It was said before the game on radio Stoke, can’t remember who by, that Devante Rodney is the type of player who needs to feel the feel the love to be confident and play well.

I would be willing to bet that if the crowd collectively got behind him and supported him and encouraged him he would benefit massively and get his confidence back.

Would that be good for him - yes

Would that be good for the vale - yes

Would that be good for the fans - yes

Will the fans do it - no, the opposite in fact

Agree with your post. The thing with potteries support having listened to praise and grumble on many occasions we are a knee jerk lot. 

The only thing I'd say about Rodney is it is also a two way street, he needs to get people off their seats with that flash of brilliance or even using his big frame to barge someone over even if it means a foul . His style of play is laid back and almost a free spirit. I can barely recall his last noteworthy effort on goal. 

There's one heck of a player in there , maybe just maybe he needs to show a touch more appetite for it. 

I think the fans are frustrated because we've all seen what he can do .

None of what I've said excuses any moronic booing of the lad as that is counter productive. 

As a footnote I think people saying 5/6 weeks without Proctor and Wilson are very very optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Rodney has recently had a baby so we don't know what's going on in his life currently.

It might be linked to his performances. It might not. He might not be getting much sleep. He might be supporting his partner more than usual. He might be going through a rough time personally. We don't know.

He hasn't become a bad player overnight though.

Like others have said, he probably just needs our support more than ever. And needs a goal more than ever.

Doesn't bode well for Smithy then. He'll need matchsticks to keep his eyes open. 

Maybe the shouts of "Amooooooooo" when he did a nice cross early on were mistaken for "boooo", it of an unfortunate name in some ways...
It was always traditional to roar wingers past a fullback from the days of Dicky Cunliffe to Gareth Ainsworth, and many others. It works wonders.

14 hours ago, philmpv said:
14 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:
Good result given the circumstances.

We still looked toothless up front but that's understandable but I thought the midfield three all had good games.

Credit to Ben Garrity, he was absolutely dreadful on Tuesday but was our best player for me today.

They were dreadful to a man on Tuesday, bar Covolan.

I know it’s old news but covolan had a shocker with his positioning for the goal, watch his movement across the goal, he never gets himself set. 

12 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Potentially need to stack the midfield with quality & play 1 up top until we actually have some strikers. Politic, Worrall, Conlon, Pett, Walker would be a great 5. Plenty of attacking/goal threat without the need to play somebody out of position, like we're doing with Amoo at the moment.

Hopefully we can get a couple back for the busy Xmas schedule.

Good shout, maybe we need to look at going 4 at the back to make sure we get the quality midfielders and wingers into the team and just go with Rodney or Amoo up top. 

So happy to hear Ryan Johnson had a very good game looks to me on stats cause thats all I can go on as was not there that bringing the 4 players in worked a treat .
Walker plays we get a clean sheet yes I know he ain't the goalie but he certainly toughens that midfield area up only good for the club that the squad players are hungry enough step in and show there value .
Pett and Garrity I think they are brilliant be interesting see team chosen for Burton because should Conlon walk back in I do not think he should and neither should Smith (a clean sheet was very needed and very deserved by the stats ).
How many clean sheets is that this season.
Let's get Rodney's head up we need something special for the very good away following next week let's hope he can give it us (he can I'm sure of it and doesn't it take a few games get back up to speed ).
Somebody give me the ratings in there opinion of players yesterday not the sentinels thanks .
UTV

Archived