onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

There's this daft pseudoscience thing called manifest thinking where it's claimed you can simply will something so much it becomes true.

I'm going to start willing the idea of Ipswich releasing the transfer listed Norwood the way we did Robinson and us signing him Monday by deregistering Amos/Hurst/Rodney, into fruition. 

Come on. Let's all do it. 

image.png.067c9e43ea4773cb1c3eecefb08a4a65.png

Advert

17 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

I'll bet you're happy to leave it there. Reading and quoting my research is not doing your own, it's plagiarism, especially when you selectively quote it. My reference to six to twelve weeks was not a selective quote, it was entirely within the context of the article; in fact, it was the point of the article i.e. that sports hernias generally take longer to heal - in the opinion of the medical authority, six to twelve weeks. That is beyond dispute and I don't know why you're trying to make out that I was distorting its conclusion, which is what selective quotation would do.

And by your own admission, mistakes are sometimes made and this was clearly another. No amount of sophistry will put that right. 

OK.  Being a bloke everything you said was absolutely right and I clearly was wrong to even suggest there was an alternative view.  Happy now???

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

There's this daft pseudoscience thing called manifest thinking where it's claimed you can simply will something so much it becomes true.

I'm going to start willing the idea of Ipswich releasing the transfer listed Norwood the way we did Robinson and us signing him Monday by deregistering Amos/Hurst/Rodney, into fruition. 

Come on. Let's all do it. 

Can't happen.  Against the rules however much we will it!!!

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

I want to see all 1900 Vale doing this next week by the way every time Rodney gets on the ball in their half, willing it into the net. Communal telekinesis. Can't be any worse of a tactic than what we were trying against Walsall. Burton won't know what the frigs going on. 

27 minutes ago, Doha said:

Not woken up in bed  with Debbie Harry yet. I'll be willing Rodders on. He's ow reet. He's not moved on but give the lad a break, get behind the lad not boo. The Lorne were booing him before he touched the friggin ball.

Give the bloke a break. 

I think we treat Rodney harsher because we all know what he can do. At the start of the season he was a nailed on starter after a great season last season, and honestly at the start if you said Wilson and proctor are out but we still have Rodney I’d have thought we would be ok. However so far, for whatever reason he’s been doing his best impression of Theo Robinson. I can cut amoo some slack up top, but Rodney should be doing better. His hold up play was ok at times and was against Walsall as well, but DC needs to tell him to stay in the box, Worrall, cass and amoo down the right first had numerous opportunities to cross but had nobody in there. 

Always thought he’s better out wide but he needs to show what he can do, I’m hoping each game gets him fitter and fitter, but I did think he was our weakest player today. 

One thing I will say is that a few games ago there was literally no effort from him, he at least tried today so that’s something. I think he’s a massive confidence player (and amoo) I think if he can bag one he will get a few 

44 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

OK.  Being a bloke everything you said was absolutely right and I clearly was wrong to even suggest there was an alternative view.  Happy now???

Going from bad to worse, Jacko. The implication of your remark is that my comments are somehow disingenuous when they were intended to point out the flaws in your argument. If you aren't able to evidence your arguments, of course I'm going to point it out. How you respond is of course up to you.   

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Going from bad to worse, Jacko. The implication of your remark is that my comments are somehow disingenuous when they were intended to point out the flaws in your argument. If you aren't able to evidence your arguments, of course I'm going to point it out. How you respond is of course up to you.   

STFU yeah? No-one's interested.

28 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Not woken up in bed  with Debbie Harry yet. I'll be willing Rodders on. He's ow reet. He's not moved on but give the lad a break, get behind the lad not boo. The Lorne were booing him before he touched the friggin ball.

Give the bloke a break. 

You are right. We can be far too quick to turn on players. I think it was against Rochdale early on he was getting absolute pelters in the railway after a few bad touches, it was a bit odd, like we'd been waiting for it.

He's the main outlet now though for at least 5/6 weeks so it's now or never to start delivering. Played much better today.

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think we treat Rodney harsher because we all know what he can do. At the start of the season he was a nailed on starter after a great season last season, and honestly at the start if you said Wilson and proctor are out but we still have Rodney I’d have thought we would be ok. However so far, for whatever reason he’s been doing his best impression of Theo Robinson. I can cut amoo some slack up top, but Rodney should be doing better. His hold up play was ok at times and was against Walsall as well, but DC needs to tell him to stay in the box, Worrall, cass and amoo down the right first had numerous opportunities to cross but had nobody in there. 

Always thought he’s better out wide but he needs to show what he can do, I’m hoping each game gets him fitter and fitter, but I did think he was our weakest player today. 

One thing I will say is that a few games ago there was literally no effort from him, he at least tried today so that’s something. I think he’s a massive confidence player (and amoo) I think if he can bag one he will get a few 

Rodney will come good. One goal is probably all it will take to turn for him hopefully. But nobody can say anything other then he's been really, really poor this season as of yet. Some people still talk about him as if he's an 18 or 19 year old prospect.

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I'd agree with some of that. I think he's doing what DC is asking of him and it can be quite frustrating, in the same way that England retaining possession by knocking it sideways and back is frustrating. He's not as gung-ho with charging forward as he was last season but I think his game has changed under the new management. Some on here - not necessarily yourself - can't wait to catcall the guy and it's a pretty unlikable trait of some Vale fans. Even when he's done well, he generally gets the lowest mark on that squad scoring thing that's usually over there >

Archived