onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

Just back from the game/pub. Not a great performance by any stretch but will take 3 points.

Hartlepool = awful. Second worst side I’ve seen all season.

As an aside: Great to see the almighty Walsall doing so well. Well done to Walsall players for playing so well against Vale (not really you were terrible) and then putting promotion pushing Carlisle to the sword. Clarke’s at the wheel!

Advert

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Selective quote again!  As my quote said, everyone is different, so perhaps step by step for Proctor saw him ready to play 20 minutes on Tuesday.  The collision with the keeper which has caused the other problem was just unlucky.

It would have been better before accusing me of selective quotations if a) you had done your own research; and b) you had not been selective in the first place. That's all a bit rich.  And it was not selective: it was completely within the context of the article, which set the recovery time for sports injuries over a longer period than Proctor's absence.

Proctor may or may not have been unlucky; it was a calculated risk to reintroduce him so early and it resulted in further injury. 

11 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

My view of the game for what it’s worth. We were a big improvement on Tuesdays performance whilst being steady but not brilliant.

considering 5 players missing, 4 of which have been our best players recently, it’s a good 3 points.

Hartlepool never looked like scoring, testament to our solid defence?

Gibbo my motm.

Didn’t intend to quote V593.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If a collision with the keeper has caused him to need surgery again, then it's fair to argue that Proctor probably wasn't ready to play competitive football yet. How many keeper collisions lead to stomach surgery?

A collision with the keeper finished Adam Yates,s career.

4 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

It would have been better before accusing me of selective quotations if a) you had done your own research; and b) you had not been selective in the first place. That's all a bit rich.  And it was not selective: it was completely within the context of the article, which set the recovery time for sports injuries over a longer period than Proctor's absence.

Proctor may or may not have been unlucky; it was a calculated risk to reintroduce him so early and it resulted in further injury. 

I had done my own research - I'd read your link.  That is why I posted it in italics to show it wasn't my words.  Bringing any player back from injury is a calculated risk - look what happened to Gibbo last season when he was brought back and broke down without any contact. 

And with regard to the selective quoting bit, you had done that first by picking on the 6-12 weeks.  Happy to leave things there though.  Neither of us will know what medical advice the management were given or what the player said about his readiness so any further discussion is a bit pointless.

14 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If a collision with the keeper has caused him to need surgery again, then it's fair to argue that Proctor probably wasn't ready to play competitive football yet. How many keeper collisions lead to stomach surgery?

Where does it say he needs stomach surgery?

Edit - just seen it in the The Senile.

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I had done my own research - I'd read your link.  That is why I posted it in italics to show it wasn't my words.  Bringing any player back from injury is a calculated risk - look what happened to Gibbo last season when he was brought back and broke down without any contact. 

And with regard to the selective quoting bit, you had done that first by picking on the 6-12 weeks.  Happy to leave things there though.  Neither of us will know what medical advice the management were given or what the player said about his readiness so any further discussion is a bit pointless.

I'll bet you're happy to leave it there. Reading and quoting my research is not doing your own, it's plagiarism, especially when you selectively quote it. My reference to six to twelve weeks was not a selective quote, it was entirely within the context of the article; in fact, it was the point of the article i.e. that sports hernias generally take longer to heal - in the opinion of the medical authority, six to twelve weeks. That is beyond dispute and I don't know why you're trying to make out that I was distorting its conclusion, which is what selective quotation would do.

And by your own admission, mistakes are sometimes made and this was clearly another. No amount of sophistry will put that right. 

Archived