onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

27 minutes ago, Beech said:

We're very unlucky to be without both him and Wilson at the same time. But anyone who thinks we'll be alright with Lloyd, Rodney and Amoo as our forward options for a number of weeks need to give their heads a serious wobble.

Serious problems up top without Wilson and Proctor. Amoo should be out wide, Rodney through the middle. What is wrong with Devante, something is? Hope he works through things. Where was Politic?  Well short tbh and deserately in need of a 'proven' striker on loan.

Today Gibbons, Pett and garrity were great

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He went up for a challenge with the keeper and after that i thought he was limping,maybe a bit to soon for him to come on in that game after his injury so we might be giving him more time

Yeah hopefully just precautionary!

Easy to say in hindsight, I know, but what utter crass stupidity to bring Proctor back so soon. It was an accident waiting to happen and it did. Now it will probably be another four weeks before he's back. Just hope we can find someone to take up the slack or we will have too much ground to make up in January.

Gobsmacked.

12 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Thought Hartlepool were very very poor & didn't seem to have a single player who looked 6 ft plus, which made it even more mind boggling when we took stupid short corner & free kick routines. Our decision making at times is atrocious.

I didn't think we looked great today, but of course you take a steady 2-0 win all day long. The worrying thing for me is that we look nowhere near it up top. Amoo trys hard but he is never ever a striker. Rodney continues to look poor & at one point Garrity looked our most dangerous offensive player. Really worrying. A better side would've brushed us aside today.

January can't come soon enough. We're desperate for some attacking reinforcements now with Wilson & Proctor out. It's not just getting them over their injuries, they'll also need time to get back match fit. I think we could be looking at mid Jan by time they're both back in contention & that's if neither of them have any recurrence of their injuries.

Potentially need to stack the midfield with quality & play 1 up top until we actually have some strikers. Politic, Worrall, Conlon, Pett, Walker would be a great 5. Plenty of attacking/goal threat without the need to play somebody out of position, like we're doing with Amoo at the moment.

Hopefully we can get a couple back for the busy Xmas schedule.

I agree about the 5 in midfield, however the worry is who up front plays as Rodney is completely out of form and is no central striker, Amoo is a winger and Lloyd injured as well. 

9 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Easy to say in hindsight, I know, but what utter crass stupidity to bring Proctor back so soon. It was an accident waiting to happen and it did. Now it will probably be another four weeks before he's back. Just hope we can find someone to take up the slack or we will have too much ground to make up in January.

Gobsmacked.

I had a look for unregistered players when it was announced Wison had broken his foot and there was not much available, obviously I haven't got the contacts unlike DF/DC. Robson-Kanu was available but I doubt he would come to the Vale.

Perhaps Vale could get Ipswich to de-register James Norwood (A player you suggested) before jan 1st but there's probably an EFL rule against that sort of chicanery. He'd be a nice addition though.

18 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Can we just register new players or would someone need de-registering?

Ah damn, we would. L2 squad max is 22 players aged 21 or over, not including keepers.

We've got 23 not including keepers, the three 21 year old loan players (Cass/Politic/Lloyd) were allowed because their birthdays fell the right side of a particular date before the registration date deadline. 

RULE 43.9.2 - The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(b) in respect of...League Two Clubs: (i) any Under 21 Players; and (ii) goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Gobsmacked.

Can't agree with your crass stupidity comment.  Proctor had been out for five weeks and had been in training.  He came on for 20 minutes the other night which is a reasonable action to take when bringing a player back from injury.  I think he was just unlucky.

Archived