onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Not really but would definitely love to have it with a keyboard nonce like you. All mouth on the internet, would love to see you fill your kegs irl and pretty open to it happening. Still no direct messages though? 

Just wondering if you would call me a snowflake face to face, everyone on here knows that you go to and from different user names on a forum like, more your style.

See you at Burton instead?

You're desperate to go on a date with me it seems. Not only am I taken but I don't swing that way pal. You couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding, and even if you could, you're currently making yourself look a right melt. 

Advert

I thought Jones actually looked miles better at LWB and pinged some lovely passes around. 

We actually had a number of chances second half when we should have sealed the game up. Considering the absentees, I'm fairly pleased.

I thought Johnson did exactly what we needed today; no faff launching it at every opportunity. 

Just now, llcoolj said:

Proctor with new injury requiring an operation, new striker required asap

We're very unlucky to be without both him and Wilson at the same time. But anyone who thinks we'll be alright with Lloyd, Rodney and Amoo as our forward options for a number of weeks need to give their heads a serious wobble.

4 minutes ago, Beech said:

We're very unlucky to be without both him and Wilson at the same time. But anyone who thinks we'll be alright with Lloyd, Rodney and Amoo as our forward options for a number of weeks need to give their heads a serious wobble.

Cant disagree with that. Rodney isn't the player he was last season, Lloyd although decent isn't going to score hatfuls and you can probably say the same for Amoo. We have to find a way of winning for the next 5 weeks or we will possibly lose touch with the top 3.

Disappointed. I thought we were past the stage of rushing players back.

It is a long slog to January now. We just have to hope to be bang in the top 3 race and bring in reinforcements.

Amoo is really doing a lot for us. He's spent a decade as an inconsistent winger and he's now filling in as a grafting forward. Hope Lloyd isn't far away.

Just now, mikey said:

Cant disagree with that. Rodney isn't the player he was last season, Lloyd although decent isn't going to score hatfuls and you can probably say the same for Amoo. We have to find a way of winning for the next 5 weeks or we will possibly lose touch with the top 3.

I think Lloyd would be much better playing off a target man, but we don't have one and don't play that way. And our defence simply can't be trusted to keep too many clean sheets. This could really mess our season up unless we act.

Since they did away with non GK emergency loans I think we're going to need to sign a free agent before January. Probably talking 7/8 league games until Wilson is going to be able to start. Assuming another hernia Proctor will probably be out until around the same time Wilson comes back. 

I think the wallet is probably going to have to be opened here or we might fall away with the two main forwards out through a thick and fast winter schedule and an underperforming Rodney so far not showing any signs of picking up the slack. 

Big blow re Proctor. Back to today’s game. Ideal outcome for me: nothing flashy, didn’t the simple things well, a lot fewer misplaced passes, Walker and Johnson fitted in seamlessly. We looked solid. Two goals from midfield. Just what the doctor ordered, almost better than trouncing the,5-0 in that it keeps it real.

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Since they did away with non GK emergency loans I think we're going to need to sign a free agent before January. Probably talking 7/8 league games until Wilson is going to be able to start. Assuming another hernia Proctor will probably be out until around the same time Wilson comes back. 

I think the wallet is probably going to have to be opened here or we might fall away with the two main forwards out through a thick and fast winter schedule and an underperforming Rodney so far not showing any signs of picking up the slack. 

Any decent free agent strikers out there though

5 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

Big blow re Proctor. Back to today’s game. Ideal outcome for me: nothing flashy, didn’t the simple things well, a lot fewer misplaced passes, Walker and Johnson fitted in seamlessly. We looked solid. Two goals from midfield. Just what the doctor ordered, almost better than trouncing the,5-0 in that it keeps it real.

I think we would have needed much more than what we showed today against a decent side. But as has already been said, there won't be many, if any, other teams in the league that could be without three or four of their better players and to not see a considerable difference. The most pleasing thing about today other than getting back on track with the 3 points was that yet again our goals are being shared around. We've gone years without having goals from midfield but now have a few that are more than capable.

Thought Hartlepool were very very poor & didn't seem to have a single player who looked 6 ft plus, which made it even more mind boggling when we took stupid short corner & free kick routines. Our decision making at times is atrocious.

I didn't think we looked great today, but of course you take a steady 2-0 win all day long. The worrying thing for me is that we look nowhere near it up top. Amoo trys hard but he is never ever a striker. Rodney continues to look poor & at one point Garrity looked our most dangerous offensive player. Really worrying. A better side would've brushed us aside today.

January can't come soon enough. We're desperate for some attacking reinforcements now with Wilson & Proctor out. It's not just getting them over their injuries, they'll also need time to get back match fit. I think we could be looking at mid Jan by time they're both back in contention & that's if neither of them have any recurrence of their injuries.

Potentially need to stack the midfield with quality & play 1 up top until we actually have some strikers. Politic, Worrall, Conlon, Pett, Walker would be a great 5. Plenty of attacking/goal threat without the need to play somebody out of position, like we're doing with Amoo at the moment.

Hopefully we can get a couple back for the busy Xmas schedule.

Great result today. A solid performance with plenty of decent 7/10 performances all over the pitch. Gibbo good value for his motm award.

With the lack of strikers currently, plus the abundance of defenders and midfielders, surely we've got to start playing Woz further up the pitch now?

Gibbo and Jones (or Benning) full backs in back four, three man midfield, front three of Woz, Amoo and, for the moment, Rodney. 

433 system for a bit. 

That strike force has quality, graft, pace, goals and Rodney 😄

Archived