onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

I don’t see the need to drop anyone to accommodate Conlon straight away. If we win and look cohesive and comfortable without him, just play the same again, and have him available to freshen up or start the next game if it goes wrong in the cup. Start the same team in the next game, they won and looked comfortable, admittedly I could have played and we would have been fine, but still.

Advert

Just now, PV1973 said:

Personally my Motm was either Garrity or Pett. But your definition of terrible must be set at a low bar I thought gibbo was driving us forward up the pitch when we needed to. Linked up well with Rodney. Kept it simple. Unlucky not to score and put in a couple of decent balls first half (arguably one he should have taken on himself). The main thing I’d say was a negative was running it out of play a couple of times first half. The positives far outweigh any negatives for me and I thought he was steady and did enough to get us through the game. Equally on the other side Worrall was pretty much the same too. But show me a player on the pitch who didn’t give the ball away at some point. 

Yes terrible by his standards I should of said. Which are very very high. I thought he was really poor today myself. Twice took the ball out on the touchline and once when we were under pressure gave an awful ball straight to them. 

As always he's passionate and energetic I just felt today he lacked quality. I realise that is very harsh. It's because he's been so good.

As a footnote am I alone in thinking that Johnson has a bizarre running gait ?

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes terrible by his standards I should of said. Which are very very high. I thought he was really poor today myself. Twice took the ball out on the touchline and once when we were under pressure gave an awful ball straight to them. 

As always he's passionate and energetic I just felt today he lacked quality. I realise that is very harsh. It's because he's been so good.

no he just cant run!!!!!😄

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

A player running a ball out or giving the ball away at some point isn’t the sole defining moment of their whole 90 minute game for me. There were many more positive moments to outweigh those minor negatives I felt. Overall I thought as a whole we did enough to get through the game, we didn’t really  hit any real highs or any real lows. It was just enough to see them off. 

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

A player running a ball out or giving the ball away at some point isn’t the sole defining moment of their whole 90 minute game for me. There were many more positive moments to outweigh those minor negatives I felt. Overall I thought as a whole we did enough to get through the game, we didn’t really  hit any real highs or any real lows. It was just enough to see them off. 

I agree I was more questioning the MOTM award. Could think of Garrity ,Pett, Walker and the much maligned Martin who were all possible candidates. 

13 minutes ago, 1 said:

Proctor on the pitch on Tuesday but now not even on the bench? Is that a set back?

He went up for a challenge with the keeper and after that i thought he was limping,maybe a bit to soon for him to come on in that game after his injury so we might be giving him more time

I think the reason Rodney is getting so much flax is that he looks ‘slow’ and not the player we watched on tv last season. Whether it’s loss of confidence or reoccurring injury problem. What illustrates it more is when he was wide today and given the ball he turned a played it square or back, where as last season he was just turning and using his speed to burst forward. He did not do this once today.
So I think he should be given time to see if his pace returns and with it his confidence.

What I don't understand is why in these situations Bailey, Jones etc don't get drafted in. Surely it's better to name a full bench just in case than not? We even named a bench without a keeper earlier this season when Covolan was suspended? Doesn't make sense to me
Is it better for a young players development to sit on the bench with the 1st team or to go and play with their age group?

Thought we did okay being as the side is a bit unbalanced at the moment. Nothing to warm you up though. Thought Gibbo Garrity and Pett did well but would have hooked Rodney after an hour but thought he got more into the game and then he did that sublime pass to Amoo

I think so possibly DC trying to get him some game time as Hartlepool hardly threatened and I thought we'd have to throw it away for them to get anything out of the game. The win was the most important thing whilst we're not at full throttle.

Archived