onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

Garrity was fantastic today, proving he can perform at home games. A very scrappy and cold day, we deserved the points without setting the world on fire. We need to dig in for a few weeks until we get our strikers back. Biggest problem we have, is not being able to hold the ball up upfront, we desperately need Proctor and Wilson back ASAP.
A good 3 points, thought walker gave us some much needed power In front of the defence.

Advert

4 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Pool were probably the worst team weve met at Vale Park this season. They looked decidedly nervy at the back even though our forwards were very average. Garrity was my MOM followed closely by Captain Pett. I think my comments earlier in the week about Pett not being effective after an hour may have stung his pride.😁 He waltzed round their defenders in grand style to cement the 3 points. 

Exactly why I think it was far from convincing as a performance. They looked awful and exactly the type of side you want to play at home when you're having a bit of a wobble.

We're clearly a very good side with everyone fit and available. That's not in question.

Have been critical of Garrity but today is the sort of game he thrives in. Scrappy, not a lot of continual possession, a lot of second balls and 'turnovers' which Crosby says he excels at. He is great at picking the ball up in messy situations and getting us forward. 

It was all about the result. They were absolutely appalling , possibly the worst side I've seen . However you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that. 

It was at a canter in reality but 1-0 is always open for an equaliser. 

Again the MOTM was staggering, Gibbons , I nearly fell off my seat he was terrible today with his distribution and first touch. 

Positive is the clean sheet although I think my granny would of coped with what they offered . 

Vital result today. And a smirk as Smallsall after their biggest win for 100 years plus the other night lost to Carlisle. Not so genius like tonight for Taylor. 

Not really related to the match but sat on the car park at my lads work after the game to get him from work.  Blakeman did my head in. Must of said at least 3 times that Vale have a fortnight off League duties. No we don't Lee , how about doing your proper research or looking at a website first you plank. 

Awful journalism and don't start me on Angela 😂

Thought Rodders had a decent game myself.  I'll get me coat.  I don't know why some Vale fans have the need to find a player to pick on. Also Johnson did generally well given he's hardly played, ditto Walker.  On the rater  I gave everyone a seven (would have been a 6.5 if allowed) with extra marks for Garrity and Pett.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

Thought Walker made a big difference. He offers a presence in the middle oft the park we haven't had, and he will only get better the more he plays.

He had a decent game,looks a bit sluggish but i guess that will get better with games(needs to play Tuesday to help with that),the thing now is where will Conlon fit in,as he will no doubt have to play,tough choice for DC as i thought in the end all 3 in the middle had decent games

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

It was all about the result. They were absolutely appalling , possibly the worst side I've seen . However you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that. 

It was at a canter in reality but 1-0 is always open for an equaliser. 

Again the MOTM was staggering, Gibbons , I nearly fell off my seat he was terrible today with his distribution and first touch. 

Positive is the clean sheet although I think my granny would of coped with what they offered . 

Vital result today. And a smirk as Smallsall after their biggest win for 100 years plus the other night lost to Carlisle. Not so genius like tonight for Taylor. 

Personally my Motm was either Garrity or Pett. I even thought Johnson did well considering he hasn’t played a league game for a while. But your definition of terrible must be set at a low bar I thought gibbo was driving us forward up the pitch when we needed to. Linked up well with Rodney. Kept it simple. Unlucky not to score and put in a couple of decent balls first half (arguably one he should have taken on himself). The main thing I’d say was a negative was running it out of play a couple of times first half. The positives far outweigh any negatives for me and I thought he was steady and did enough to get us through the game. Equally on the other side Worrall was pretty much the same too. But show me a player on the pitch who didn’t give the ball away at some point. 

52 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t understand your comment, 15 minutes AFTER the match, on my comment made DURING the game we were leading 1-0 in but coming increasingly under the cosh from a very poor side….

Under the cosh,i never saw it that way,yes we sat back at times,they played tippy tappy around the area putting in one or two decent through balls which came to nothing,so i dont agree we were under the cosh(they had to come at us to get anything out of the game)

Archived