onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hope people can just remember to chill when we put in 1 bad performance next time. Smith, Wilson, Proctor, and Conlon are all key players and we've not really had an issue today.

In fairness there was one real cock up today where they got played in at the far post to equalise in the second half but fortunately I think it was Worrall saw it happening and saved us. I'd just answered the phone so wasn't paying full attention but I think it was Cass who'd messed up and Worrall had to get him out of jail, then screamed at him. We'd have all been furious to concede from such an easy long ball. 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

In fairness there was one real cock up today where they got played in at the far post to equalise in the second half but fortunately I think it was Worrall saw it happening and saved us. I'd just answered the phone so wasn't paying full attention but I think it was Cass who'd messed up and Worrall had to get him out of jail, then screamed at him. We'd have all been furious to concede from such an easy long ball. 

Who’s ringing during the football?

A bit of a non-event of a game overall but worth the entrance money just to watch Tom Pett.  I thought he was excellent.  We looked very disjointed with all the changes but at least passed to each other and competed.  Get the strikers back fit and add another in January and we’ll be fine.

As away followed it on sporting life they haven't had one attempt on target so that says to me it's a good solid display .
Hats off to Ben Garrity and Tom Pett getting there first home goals but the clean sheet as delighted me the most .
Well done those top folk who got the snow of the pitch strikers not scoring and winning that's tremendous well done lads chuffed for the lads who have come in (cullens no slouch etc ).
UTV

18 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t understand your comment, 15 minutes AFTER the match, on my comment made DURING the game we were leading 1-0 in but coming increasingly under the cosh from a very poor side….

Every comment from u is the same 

Get some positivity in your life it can only end well 👍

Good result given the circumstances.

We still looked toothless up front but that's understandable but I thought the midfield three all had good games.

Credit to Ben Garrity, he was absolutely dreadful on Tuesday but was our best player for me today.
They were dreadful to a man on Tuesday, bar Covolan.

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

I thought that was Worrall's man but if that's the biggest scare we've had then we managed it fine.

There was one where it was fizzed in from the left and their lad miscontrolled it, but I was never concerned and it was a faff-free performance to steady the ship. 

Pool were probably the worst team weve met at Vale Park this season. They looked decidedly nervy at the back even though our forwards were very average. Garrity was my MOM followed closely by Captain Pett. I think my comments earlier in the week about Pett not being effective after an hour may have stung his pride.😁 He waltzed round their defenders in grand style to cement the 3 points. 

2 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

We haven’t become a bad side , we are just missing our 4 best players . Simple as that . Grind out a win and it will be job done . If we don’t , I won’t overreact . Promotion isn’t won in November.

Correct,we are not even half way through the season and we really need to consider how other teams would do losing their 2 main strikers,today wasn't pretty(not helped by the weather tbf) but we did what we had to do to get back on track and for what its worth i thought Johnson has his best game for us winning everything in the air,i also thought Jones when he came on looked better in the attacking LWB role with Johnson on the left of the back 3. Garrity played well in the middle as well i thought back to winning 2nd balls etc,lets all just pull together and hopefully we are over the blip and Onwards and Upwards

Performance-wise it was better than Tuesday (not difficult) but we didn’t exactly blitz through a pretty poor side who thankfully were not particularly physical or big on gamesmanship. Again appreciate we had a lot of absentees but we would have again struggled if we’d played a Walsall or Bradford in my opinion. 

We had one or two flashes of good football but I felt a lot of the time we were a bit untidy and resorted to playing aimless long balls.

We badly miss a presence up front and Rodney just isn’t a striker in a two, he’s a wide forward best suited to a three

Set plays were also poor.

I think play like that next week and we’ll be on the wrong end of a 3-0 (though not really bothered about the Cup). However for today the 3 points was the most important thing however they came and hopefully as we start to get players returning to fitness it can be the springboard to another good run. 

My MoTM today was probably Gibbons.

Archived