onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

I'd like to see taylor in for conlon and walker in for garrity.

I'd also be interested in trying to find a way to accommodate worrall higher up the pitch. With wilson out and proctor half fit i think we really need to conjure up some goals from somewhere. I think we had all hoped we would be ok but rodney hasnt yet turned up, amoo although trying hard seems more impactful off the bench and lloyd has to be part of a front two as quite lightweight. 

Advert

When Worrall has to play really deep in our half, we never seem to play well.  He needs to be high up the pitch and crossing balls into their box.

Proctor given some playing time, more out of necessity of getting a goal or two last night.  Just hope it's not put back him coming back fully fit, as he seemed to pick up a knock.

As DC said most of the players did not turn up and were bullied off the ball all the time.

2 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

That was another decision I was baffled by last night, Proctor went up with their keeper a few yards inside the area.  The keeper actually reached over the top of Proc to try to reach the ball, there was a coming together but they were awarded the free kick.

Proctor made the fateful mistake of breathing on the keeper. No longer allowed in modern football. 

Keepers are virtually guaranteed free kicks in such an instance. Very infuriating. 

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Proctor made the fateful mistake of breathing on the keeper. No longer allowed in modern football. 

Keepers are virtually guaranteed free kicks in such an instance. Very infuriating. 

I always thought that when you venture out of the 6 yard box that you are fair game.  As you say maybe just modern football.

26 minutes ago, AlienTitWrench said:

My Team for Sat

Covolan

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Benning

Taylor

Walker

Pett

Worral

Rodney

Amoo

4 3 3 Formation

That's a very lightweight looking midfield. If Cass isn't in defence, how about playing him him as DM, as he was after Conlon got sent off? Yeah, too inexperienced, too soon in his career etc., but can run all day, whereas Walker has done his best to live up to his name so far.

Hope I'm wrong if your team is selected and we cruise it. 

12 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

That's a very lightweight looking midfield. If Cass isn't in defence, how about playing him him as DM, as he was after Conlon got sent off? Yeah, too inexperienced, too soon in his career etc., but can run all day, whereas Walker has done his best to live up to his name so far.

I think the opposite, Walker in for Conlon isn’t a lightweight swap.  However I do think that Cass is too lightweight and it showed last night and at Oldham where in both games he was bullied. 

19 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Its less lightweight than normal surely? 

If DC handles this correctly, we win on Saturday, get into the top 3 and with a good performance under our belt go into a couple of games as underdogs where in theory we can test personnel and formations a little but before returning to the league.

If you’d said to me on the first day of the season that Vale have got Hartlepool at home, but no Wilson and Proctor is 50/50, I’d say we’ll win that no problem. We can get a result and I think the players will give a huge response which catches Hartlepool in a firestorm. Score early and settle the nerves.

Until Proctor is back fully match fit, any formation is hampered. 433, 532 whatever it is, without someone who can hold it up, lay it off and make space with consistency we’re going to be struggling.

Oh how we were spoiled when Wilson tired, don’t worry lads just pop Proctor on.

If Amos, Johnson, Walker etc. Can’t get game time now then they will never start.

I really don’t get why we have no big beast centre halves apart from Legge if Clarke knew from the start that 5 at the back was the plan.

Obviously Dc would have watched the game back and it's on to the next project Hartlepool at home think last time I saw us play these we lost 2-5 at home many moons ago that have no wish to remember the scorers for us or them all I remember was it was a snowy night I think it was on a tues surprise surprise .
Going away for the weekend so will not be there as going for a night in Fareham.
Team well who would you choose ,three iffy last performances but before then tremendous performances attacking wise anyway .
Covalan
Cass Smith Jones
Worrall Pett Garrity Walker Gibbons
Taylor
Amoo
No point rushing Proctor back ease him in slowly and I'm.not dropping Jones because apart from a few gash balls v Bradford and Walsall in the games ive seen he as been quality we always play gash v Walsall so I'm not going drop or rest everyone just think tues was a blip concerned about tge manner of last saturdays defeat but tues even though we were extremely poor throughout we only lost because we were the team who made the big error if Worrall puts his chance away instead of wrongly trying pass to Amoo we would be the team benefitting from a error and maybe tues bogey team would have somehow turned out differently but wasn't to be .
So that's my team should be a lot of players breaking from deep and that can only be a good thing if we pass the ball the way we know we can
UTV

34 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Obviously Dc would have watched the game back and it's on to the next project Hartlepool at home think last time I saw us play these we lost 2-5 at home many moons ago that have no wish to remember the scorers for us or them all I remember was it was a snowy night I think it was on a tues surprise surprise .
Going away for the weekend so will not be there as going for a night in Fareham.
Team well who would you choose ,three iffy last performances but before then tremendous performances attacking wise anyway .
Covalan
Cass Smith Jones
Worrall Pett Garrity Walker Gibbons
Taylor
Amoo
No point rushing Proctor back ease him in slowly and I'm.not dropping Jones because apart from a few gash balls v Bradford and Walsall in the games ive seen he as been quality we always play gash v Walsall so I'm not going drop or rest everyone just think tues was a blip concerned about tge manner of last saturdays defeat but tues even though we were extremely poor throughout we only lost because we were the team who made the big error if Worrall puts his chance away instead of wrongly trying pass to Amoo we would be the team benefitting from a error and maybe tues bogey team would have somehow turned out differently but wasn't to be .
So that's my team should be a lot of players breaking from deep and that can only be a good thing if we pass the ball the way we know we can
UTV

Enjoy your weekend away. 

I'm not advocating 6 changes and wholesale carnage but I think it doesn't send out a very good message if some of those keep their place. 

Hate naming individuals as it does appear as scapegoating but I'm afraid maybe taking out of the firing line will refresh Jones . He simply can't be selected after Tuesday . 

Walker also has to come into consideration. He's played about 4 games this season and probably would of played nearly every game had he not got injured. For me he's a first team player and was for the first few games. Been written off by some on here but his Vale career hasn't got going yet. 

If there aren't at least 3 changes I'd expect that Clarke will be answering his door with regularity. 

I disagree I would select Jones if we’re playing 3 at the back and I would treat the Walsall game as a one off for him. If anything he should learn from that to keep it simple, also if he makes a mistake not to compound that mistake even further by making another one to try and rectify things (giving away a rubbish pass and then diving in to leave them through on goal).

If I was changing anyone at the back I feel like Cass would be the one to miss out, I think he’s been found out as someone to be bullied by the opposition. At Oldham and against Walsall it was very noticeable that they both were putting long balls into him on that side. 

Archived