onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Hartlepool United

Fosse69

Back to the previous win routine? Performance must improve. Hartlepool have lost their last 4 games, let us not give them an easy afternoon. Conlon`s red will mean at least one change, how fit is Proctor? Some soul searching, test of character and mental strength. A challenge to DC`s resilience and motivational skills after 2 setbacks to stop the slide. 3-1 to the Vale?

Advert

Lucas

Gibbons Smith Legge Benning

Pett Walker

Amoo Taylor Worrall

Proctor

Back to basics. Get a scrappy win and move on. Take some lads out of the side for a game. Don't let a couple of losses escalate into anything daft. It was going to happen and is completely normal.

Edit: Ignore this, my team is rubbish

Lucas
Pett Walker
Amoo Taylor Worrall
Proctor
Back to basics. Get a scrappy win and move on. Take some lads out of the side for a game. Don't let a couple of losses escalate into anything daft. It was going to happen and is completely normal. 
We both know that Legge is dog in a back 4. We've seen that time and time again. Not for me. Don't think that the formation was the issue at all last night.

Just now, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, Joe B said:
Lucas
Pett Walker
Amoo Taylor Worrall
Proctor

We both know that Legge is dog in a back 4. We've seen that time and time again. Not for me. Don't think that the formation was the issue at all last night.

Good point. Probably overreacting. Personnel changes 100% needed though. Maybe a possibility for Johnson to redeem himself after a poor start? 

I want to see Walker give a run too. 

Hartlepool lost last 4, only won 1 and drawn 1 away from home - exactly the sort of team we should be hoping to face to get back to winning ways. 

But knowing the Vale over the years exactly the sort of team we give a leg up to - hope not  

Good point. Probably overreacting. Personnel changes 100% needed though. Maybe a possibility for Johnson to redeem himself after a poor start? 

I personally would keep the same team after that performance. It was that bad. Every single one has a point to prove after that. That's my rationale at least! Dropping players left right and centre after 1 bad performance (and let's face it we've hardly put in any bad performances this season) would do nothing in my view but erode the spirit that was so obviously there at Oldham

Cov 

Gibbo Smith Martin ( controversial ) Benning 

Worrall Walker Taylor Amoo 

Proctor Lloyd 

Totally get about easing Proctor back but if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to start for an hour. 

I've gone Martin as there's no way Jones can play after his last 2 home performances and I'm not convinced of Legge in a back 4 although Cullen isn't the quickest he has good feet and tactical nous near to goal. 

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I personally would keep the same team after that performance. It was that bad. Every single one has a point to prove after that. That's my rationale at least! Dropping players left right and centre after 1 bad performance (and let's face it we've hardly put in any bad performances this season) would do nothing in my view but erode the spirit that was so obviously there at Oldham

I'd agree but there's one player in there I really don't think is good enough (especially in home games), and another one whose performance has declined so sharply that I'd give serious consideration to getting him out of the team and figuring out what is wrong before these issues compound. Add in Conlon and I think we should be making three changes as a minimum.

The likes of Walker, Johnson, and Taylor will be hoping for minutes after this run. 

So for 80 minutes sat with Martin on we passed it well created chances but somehow contrived to lose last night we passed the ball well for no more the occassional 1 minute ,so was there any need change the team based on what wasn't produced last night.
No in a answer and we mostly all wanting Politic to play
I'd keep the same team I chose for Walsall with Taylor instead of Conlon

Hope it's a better performance for the fans who go .
I don't know all vi have being reading since beating Accrington fantastic second half performance is tickets selling well for Burton Oldham and Walsall and what do the players contrive do kill the buzz brilliant .
Vale all over

Proctor looked miles off last night I thought. He went up with their keeper and seemed to be limping a bit after landing. Don’t want us to rush him back and him to be about for a couple of months further. 100% I would go 4 at the back. Don’t want another side pushing Worrall and gibbons back and controlling the middle. 

Sorry can only see this going one way.  They will win the game by a goal.  We will huff and puff in midfield.  Our defence will go a wandering when crosses come in and our strikers - well they will try.

Please, please prove me and other fans who are thinking this at the moment wrong, but I think we are going through a bad patch at the moment and will come out of it hopefully and then get back to our winning ways, we have seen the team is capable of. 

All teams will go through this bad patch during the season.  I hope we have players capable of getting us out of it and back to playing well again.

38 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Proctor looked miles off last night I thought. He went up with their keeper and seemed to be limping a bit after landing. Don’t want us to rush him back and him to be about for a couple of months further. 100% I would go 4 at the back. Don’t want another side pushing Worrall and gibbons back and controlling the middle. 

That was another decision I was baffled by last night, Proctor went up with their keeper a few yards inside the area.  The keeper actually reached over the top of Proc to try to reach the ball, there was a coming together but they were awarded the free kick.

48 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

So for 80 minutes sat with Martin on we passed it well created chances but somehow contrived to lose last night we passed the ball well for no more the occassional 1 minute ,so was there any need change the team based on what wasn't produced last night.
No in a answer and we mostly all wanting Politic to play
I'd keep the same team I chose for Walsall with Taylor instead of Conlon

Hope it's a better performance for the fans who go .
I don't know all vi have being reading since beating Accrington fantastic second half performance is tickets selling well for Burton Oldham and Walsall and what do the players contrive do kill the buzz brilliant .
Vale all over

Not sure about all the hype about Politic. He made the headlines when he 1st got into the side as a sub and scored 2 cracking goals. Other than that he has done very little and has looked anonymous in the games i have seen. Proctor shouldn't start he is no where near fit enough or fully recovered from his op. He needs at least a couple more weeks otherwise he could end up being out long term.

Don't envy DC picking a team for this one. Really believe that this game could be pivotal, not dependent upon the result but for how he approaches the team selection. I think he's either got to make no changes bar enforced ones, or pretty much the entire outfield 11, because if he only drops a few, then those dropped can quite rightly say after yesterday 'why have I been dropped and X hasn't? '. Could have a real impact in my view on team spirit and the cohesion in the dressing room if he gets it wrong.

Archived