Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

On 25/11/2021 at 19:08, werstayinup said:

I doubt they will be back on here until we play them again but in response to the Walsall fans saying that DC threw his players under the bus on Tuesday night in his interview and he will lose respect of the players,well in that interview he included himself and his staff in it if they open their ears and in todays press conference he praises the hunger and desire of his squad...so off you trot chaps and take your Klopp(celebration) wannabe manager with you ta ra

Hello.  I was told in no uncertain terms that what I thought was a fair and reasonable assessment wasn’t welcome on here.

I listened to his post match as I said in my earlier contribution and he just about avoided naming names in the way he did when he was with us.  The nuance of Darrell was still there though.  He is very quick to say his players were rubbish and in the same breath says that he will definitely have a look at his own performance, decision making and tactics.  The nuance being that his assessment of the players concluded but his assessment on himself to be done later.  Next press conference nobody ever has the bottle to ask what his moment of analysis on his own performance revealed.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter.  You’re happy with him and we’re happy with his replacement at our place.  We’re all happy.  Which is lovely. ❤️

4 hours ago, Swifty said:

Hello.  I was told in no uncertain terms that what I thought was a fair and reasonable assessment wasn’t welcome on here.

I listened to his post match as I said in my earlier contribution and he just about avoided naming names in the way he did when he was with us.  The nuance of Darrell was still there though.  He is very quick to say his players were rubbish and in the same breath says that he will definitely have a look at his own performance, decision making and tactics.  The nuance being that his assessment of the players concluded but his assessment on himself to be done later.  Next press conference nobody ever has the bottle to ask what his moment of analysis on his own performance revealed.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter.  You’re happy with him and we’re happy with his replacement at our place.  We’re all happy.  Which is lovely. ❤️

Any Klopp style celebration from your manager today? Oh ok

Its easy for a manager to whip fans into a frenzy by waving his arms in celebration,seems to make you believe he will be a class manager anyway

Nah.  We were rubbish.  We’re not a very good side at all.  We’re about where you were three years ago.  Looking down rather than up.  Which in part is why Darrell left us - we are a club in decline and he knew he couldn’t stop it, whereas you are a club on the up and therefore a better prospect for him.  Fairs.  Just hoping Taylor can create a foothold somewhere half way up/down this awful league before taking us forward.  As you know - it’s a long road back when you’ve been managed poorly from the top to the bottom of the club.

Well done on your win today. Small rot stopped.  

See you in April. 👍🏼

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Nah.  We were rubbish.  We’re not a very good side at all.  We’re about where you were three years ago.  Looking down rather than up.  Which in part is why Darrell left us - we are a club in decline and he knew he couldn’t stop it, whereas you are a club on the up and therefore a better prospect for him.  Fairs.  Just hoping Taylor can create a foothold somewhere half way up/down this awful league before taking us forward.  As you know - it’s a long road back when you’ve been managed poorly from the top to the bottom of the club.

Well done on your win today. Small rot stopped.  

See you in April. 👍🏼

Fair play that mate tbf

• Like 1