• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Dreadful performance. Walsall are stronger, fitter, taller and first to the ball. Should have started 433 against these with some height and physicality in the team. Second half DC needs to change formation, tactics and players. Jones needs to go off along with Pett who's been anonymous and Walker, Legge and Proctor on otherwise we're going to get dominated physically again second half. 

Walsall have looked comfortable all half and unless something changes, we're getting nothing from this.

• Like 1

Advert:

Our formation seems all wrong at the moment. The front 2 aren’t doing enough. The wing backs are being pegged back. We’re trying to go down our left all the time but they’re putting 4 players out there to stop gibbo so why aren’t we going the other way? The only link up play we’ve seen of any note is gibbo with Amoo or politic down the channels, and that’s clutching at straws but at least he’s trying to make something happen. Other than that we’ve done nothing. Needs to rethink the formation and how we’re setting up here because we’re getting overrun. Can’t believe how quickly fans in the ground have turned, Jones is having one but booing him isn’t going to help. 

Edited by PV1973

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Appauling. Every game we set up with the same tactic. Every side has figured this out now DC stop going with 532 it Isn’t working. 

Only player to come out with any credit is Covalon. The rest were atrocious 

Get Jones off and get proctor on. Worst performance I’ve seen under Clarke this. 

Yes, we've been sussed and DC needs to change it big time or we're done. 

• Like 2

I just don’t get why we keep going 532. Every side has found us out. Every side pushed Worrall and gibbons back and we then change it and look decent. DC should have changed the formation in the half. The players are there to do so, just move Worrall into midfield and play the back 4. God I hope he changes it round at half time 

• Like 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I just don’t get why we keep going 532. Every side has found us out. Every side pushed Worrall and gibbons back and we then change it and look decent. DC should have changed the formation in the half. The players are there to do so, just move Worrall into midfield and play the back 4. God I hope he changes it round at half time 

He will, but it will be 30 minutes later than it should have been. It clearly wasn't working from the off. This 5 at the back needs to become a now and again thing, not a start just about every game thing. Stop our wing-backs and you pretty much stop us.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Yep, but he should never have started 532. They knew he would and have us totally in their pocket. If things don't change in the second half, for me this is down to poor selection, formation and tactics.

Time to put it right, so let's hope for summat different second half.

• Like 2

Advert:

Advert: