onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

last night was a case of them wanting it more and that includes the fans. they wanted to get one over on a man that left them for us. they bought a lot of following and sang there heads off last night and if our home fans could create that at home i think it would be a harder place to come to. i’m a young supporter and feel our support can be very fickle at times. we get on the players backs as soon as the sign of a bad game comes along. if you’d asked me for 5th in the 1st 3rd of the season id take it! we do deserve to have more points but football does have its way of knocking you right back down at times. let’s hope this isn’t a start of a bad patch, DC gets into the lads today’s and come saturday whatever changes that has been made and formation is put out we need to back these lads from start to finish and really get at our opponents. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Beech said:

Walsall simply wanted it more than us, and that's the sickener. Why is that? Why weren't we enraged at what happened on Saturday - The players should have been chomping at the bit and raring to go from 5pm on Saturday

Exactly that. This is what really pissed me off last night.

Players make mistakes , it happens. Jones made a bad one for the goal, there were many others in the game all over the pitch, we just didn't concede a goal from them which is why other players have not been called out.  Everyone will have have a bad spell at some point but to lack energy, drive,passion,determination, work hard and a will to win was embarrassing.

What really concerned me about last nights performance though most of all there was not 1 player on the pitch demanding more of his team mates in that 1st half. The players mostly had head on the ground accepting what was happening and it was eerily silent. Not a good sign.

I went to Oldham but couldn’t get to last nights game, which by the sounds of it, I dodged a bullet. I see Worrall was substituted again last as he was on Saturday. From reading last nights accounts it could have been names in the hat for substitutions. Can anyone offer an explanation regarding why Worrall seems to be substituted so frequently.? 

11 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I went to Oldham but couldn’t get to last nights game, which by the sounds of it, I dodged a bullet. I see Worrall was substituted again last as he was on Saturday. From reading last nights accounts it could have been names in the hat for substitutions. Can anyone offer an explanation regarding why Worrall seems to be substituted so frequently.? 

Drives me mad. It's not just the substitutions, it's the fact that our leading assists player has been forced into a semi-defensive role and then we wonder why we can't make chances against teams like Walsall. Wozza should have started last night on the right of a front three to give them something to think about but this damned obsession with 532 is nullifying one of biggest strengths.

Subbed last night, I'm just hoping he starts on Saturday - up front where he belongs and is at his most dangerous.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Drives me mad. It's not just the substitutions, it's the fact that our leading assists player has been forced into a semi-defensive role and then we wonder why we can't make chances against teams like Walsall. Wozza should have started last night on the right of a front three to give them something to think about but this damned obsession with 532 is nullifying one of biggest strengths.

Subbed last night, I'm just hoping he starts on Saturday - up front where he belongs and is at his most dangerous.

I asked after the Oldham game if we’re going to okay JG in an attacking role which on Saturday was on the left then so that we’re capable off changing our formation we need a RB so that we can play with a back four. I’d also like to suggest that if we do sign a RB, that’s the position that they play. I’d rather move JG back to RB as he links up well with Worrall. I’d like to see either a 442 or a 451, when it’s or better formation 

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Am I correct in thinking Conlon will miss this game and if so who would you replace him with. My initial thought would have been to play Taylor/Burgess hoping that they’re as effective as they were in the season that was postponed, but then we’d need someone to play in the L Joyce role, a DM

Red card. One match ban. 

Walker can do the Joyce role . I'd personally go Taylor Walker as a midfield pair this weekend coming. 

15 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

Have we agreed with Hartlepool that it's going to be Walking Football?

What are you basing that on ? 

Walker has barely featured since September. Looked okay to me. He's had an injury ravaged season and not really seen since Forest Green away. 

Why is your opinion so poor of him ? 

Walkers a damn good player on what I've seen of him .
I'm sure we were getting clean sheets when he was playing .
0-0;Tranmere 0-0 Carlisle Forest Green 0 Vale 2 3 I can think of off the top of my head put him back in just the player we need in there to aid Pett and workaholic Garrity then play Taylor in the hole with Amoo the lone ranger up front
UTV

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Worrall has been a shadow this season of what we know he is capable of. He is being asked to play so deep most games that it negates his obvious strength in playing more forward to create havoc in opponents defences. He has been substituted more often now due simply to his ineffectiveness in games.  I can also add that Conlon too has been asked to play more in areas we know he is far less effective. Both these players when allowed to forage forward are 2 of Vales best players to change and control games. Ok, we have achieved a good tally of points so far but if truth be known there are a massive amount of Valiants who would prefer to watch Worrall and Conlon actually play regularly in their most dangerous positions. Surely within the squad we possess others that can carry out the tasks they are now given?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

What are you basing that on ? 

Walker has barely featured since September. Looked okay to me. He's had an injury ravaged season and not really seen since Forest Green away. 

Why is your opinion so poor of him ? 

When Walker has played he seemed reluctant to break into a run, and when threatened with an opponent going past him he resorted to crude body checks and hand/arm holds as if unwilling or unable to close down or chase back. All things I dislike, especially the shirt and arm  grabbing, and especially from my team's players.

He hasn't played many games, but those playing in his absence - e.g.  Pett, Garrity, Conlon - have done much better.

Archived