onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Agree with IC. He's 100% correct. 

But last night was a bottling of disgusting proportions. Full on bottlers. Embarrassing beyond words. They need to know. There's a dip and then there was that first half. 

That team have no idea how lucky they are Micky isn't still here, they'd have been diving for 50kg weights in Longport canal by half 7. Not joking. He'd have hit the roof to be embarrassed by his players like that. 

Advert

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Bit harsh on the guy.

Not at all . I wouldn't dream of registering for another teams site . He's come on here for one reason alone , to gloat .

When their fans actually say ' I'd lose the next 3 games just to win tonight ' that tells you everything you need to know. 

Ask Mr Smallsall if he partook in the chants or just sat there saying jolly good show chaps . 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Team were atrocious first half granted. But we were set up completely wrong and once again predictable. Players didn’t show as much desire but the formation gave us no chance. 

I'm not sure I buy into this formation bashing.

That very formation had a 53.3% win ratio and 1.87 points per game before the Bradford game.

Players let us down yesterday.

Im not going to dwell on it as these things happen, but we couldn't string 2 passses together, too many players were below usual standards, and Walsall just did the basics well, and we didnt. Anyone would have beat us last night. Take some comfort that we will finish well above Walsall when the final game is finished. 

Reaction required for the next game please.

10 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That very formation had a 53.3% win ratio and 1.87 points per game before the Bradford game.

Nah it was a bit daft. Conlon was on the right wing to shoehorn Politic into the left. 

Garrity and Pett were overrun as one of them isn't great at football, our most influential midfielder was stuck on the flank, and Amoo was horrendously isolated.

If you add in the back three being awful in their distribution (not helped by a midfield unable to deal with Labadie), and you get Jones launching it into the opposition's feet at every chance, then diving in, leading their goal. Cass just hoofed it down his line without a plan. 

It was just all wrong and once Walsall went 1-0 up, they were defensively sound enough to sit back and let our powderpuff attempts get nowhere. Once Conlon was silly, it was goodnight.

It was a really poor set-up from Clarke and he tried to be a bit too cute with Conlon. 

People saying we’re set up wrong is all fine and dandy but the bottom line still is that Jones set the goal up, it was nothing to do with any trap set by the opposition, or great play, just a rank bad pass which left the bulk of the player marooned upfield in offensive positions completely unable to defend.

Walsall came to press us and unsettle us, I felt that the guys playing out of their customary positions were exposed as they they were pressed quickly by Walsall. Why do we put goal kicks high to the left side of the pitch? To Politic, Conlon and Gibbons???   This also compacts the play, we’ve got a wide pitch so let’s use it.  Worrall never got started because we sat too deep, I was hoping half time would see A return to back 4 with gibbo at right back and Benning at left, allowing Worrall to get up the pitch, Amoo was pretty anonymous all game as was Rodney. No one came out of it with any credit. Hardest job of the night was picking a man of the match.

Have we turned up for a Tuesday night league game so far this season?

Dreadful attendance, atmosphere, tactics, intensity, application.

9/11 starting outfield players put in their worst individual performances of the season. 

Well done to Walsall. Management, players and fans wanted it far more and they got what they deserved. 

3 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

somethings wrong in the dressing room! 

This was last week, after the poor Bradford game.

Worrall said: “This is the best I have been in, everybody actually gets on. I know people do interviews and say, ‘yeah, it’s a strong changing room, people get on’.

“But behind closed doors they actually don’t.

“I have probably done the same here when I have done interviews before.

“But this changing room has been totally different from any club I have been at. Everyone gets on. We all push each other, there is no hiding. We want the best for each other and will keep doing that until the end of the season.”

Baseless speculation and stirring isn't helpful. Surprise surprise facebook is full of it. 

26 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Lets see what the players do to put the faith back in us that the system is the one for us.

Three more games with one win [ sat ] and two defeats and those % figures are out the window.

8 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

cut the crap clarkey, sort them out, judging by garrietys interview  on u tube somethings wrong in the dressing room! the league table does not lie, we need a win on sat.🤢

Absolute nonsense ... unhelpful negative bile.

Just listened to it for the 3rd time... there is NOTHING, absolutely zero to make anyone think there is a problem in the dressing room.

Super weird.

Archived