onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

If there is match fixing going on why am I never invited 🤔. Just watched Ben's interviews and on one hand it is good to see the lad is gutted, but on the other hand I see a young lad completely devoid of confidence all of a sudden - as a prev post stated - chin up

Advert

Where to start withnthat tonight??

Yes we were utterly dreadful and made so many individual errors (Jones, Cass, Garrity) but we could been in front at half time. Firstly what was Worrall doing when their defender missed his header and left him with the keeper to beat only for him to decide to try and lay Amoo in. Then Amoo has 5 yards on the last man and decides to stroll towards goal and let the muscle bound centre half catch up with him

As for the referee, yes he was poor and typical of the type we get at our level now but it can't have been a shock given his previous card happy games this season.

I sat there laughing at our feeble attempts to get a foothold back into the game. Walsall were awful but bullied our precious ones out of that game.

That must go into my top 5 pathetic performances over a 50 year period of support. It used to ruin my night but really can't give a **** now

No positives at all and plenty of worries after that display.

I cant take losing to quality or even bad luck but to lose to a lack of desire and effort is unacceptable and can understand DC being absolutely livid.

Didn’t see it coming, I expected a reaction but we didn’t get up for it at all.

Let’s make no bones about it either that was an awful Walsall side, physical but lacked any real quality and lumped it long all game, we seemed to get dragged into their game and responded in kind but had nothing to hit up top like they did!

It was a carbon copy of the loss to them two seasons back even down to Conlon seeing red. Zero chances all game apart from one which ended up in the net to the away side. Boring to watch that.

Has that dreaded feeling of the season falling away like it always seems to around this time of year. We need to bounce back quickly. 0 points against two awful sides… it’s been a disaster of a few days.

I want to thank Amoo who battled away with heroism. Also keeper did well. Also Smith. GIbbo sort of  

Jones had the worst game ever played in a vale shirt. Alright contestable. I love him but Jesus Christ tonight. 

Ok to the reoccurring crux  They were physically bigger than us. And football is going that way. 

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

A record of 6-6-6 barely suggests Taylor is a managerial genius to me. 

As you said teams are gradually sussing us. 

I'm wondering if it's time for the return of Walker. Almost become the forgotten man. Puts a foot in, physical. Maybe horses for courses to get us back on track. 

It’s not a case of teams sussing us out.  If we can’t do the basics right then tactics don’t really matter.  Simple passes going straight to the opposition, not competing for every ball, players making poor decisions.  We’re making the job easy for our opponents at the moment.  We can’t keep a clean sheet.

Lots was wrong with that performance but one thing that did strike me was walsall were much better at sussing out the ref early in the game and largely figured out what they could get away with.

Don't get me wrong, the officiating was terrible all round but i think as they were cuter with the ref they got to play more on their terms. I lost count of the amount of 'grappling for the ball' type fouls we gave away when trying to break. Walsall managed to tread the line between having a derby game type physicality but didnt often give away fouls in bad areas.

Only positives for me from that shambles was procter getting some minutes.

7 hours ago, toyahw said:

You can't dislike DC's honesty. I'm almost starting to like the guy.

I thought his after match interview was spot on. He’s clearly shocked and hurt hopefully he’ll get the desired reaction on Saturday.

The players owe him, the fans and the club a performance.

I know its called sXXthousery, and we engaged in it big time upto a few games ago - badgering the ref, time wasting if we were a goal or two up, Lucas having 17 collapses every couple of minutes etc, but we cant even be arsed to do any of that at present - Walsall managed the ref and the game superbly and both teams got exactly what they deserved. 

If I were a fringe player now, I would be chomping at the bit, esp Walker and Taylor (if fit). I dont think we would have rolled over last night as we did if Walker had been in the middle - dont get me wrong, I think our midfield 3 have worked wonders, but sometimes we do need a bit more raw strength (get a bit of beef in there as me old Pappy used to say)

Positives compared to Saturday were that I thought we stood up to attacks a bit more (Smudge had an epic battle all night long) and as said above nice to see Jamie back for a few minutes. 

If Conlon hadn't seen red, I think the second half formation could have borne fruit towards the end (not that we deserved a draw). If the players are as fond of Clarke as they say, they will give Saturday a right pounding - teams don't win the gaffer MOTM 2ce on the bounce and then suddenly capitulate overnight - its a blip

Walsall fan here.  We did what we needed to do to win a League Two football match away from home.  After only a few minutes there was a sense that you didn’t quite fancy the battle.  Some neat passing at times but that game was always going to be won and lost by who won individual battles through the middle of the pitch.  Last night that was definitely us.  On the back of winning those individual battles we created more chances and scored one of them.  

I was on here having the Clarke discussion when he first joined you.  So won’t get too much back into that.  But having lost a couple against poor to average sides in this league, his motivational style will either bring players with him or alienate them.  He seemed to just about ensure his post match last night was a collective rollicking.  I hope for your sake it stays that way as when the pressure comes on top our experience would be that the deflection and hanging individuals out to dry  starts to increase.  

Personally, I hope you stay up and around the play off spots.  I just hope that by the time we meet again, we’ve somehow joined you.

22 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Walsall fan here.  We did what we needed to do to win a League Two football match away from home.  After only a few minutes there was a sense that you didn’t quite fancy the battle.  Some neat passing at times but that game was always going to be won and lost by who won individual battles through the middle of the pitch.  Last night that was definitely us.  On the back of winning those individual battles we created more chances and scored one of them.  

I was on here having the Clarke discussion when he first joined you.  So won’t get too much back into that.  But having lost a couple against poor to average sides in this league, his motivational style will either bring players with him or alienate them.  He seemed to just about ensure his post match last night was a collective rollicking.  I hope for your sake it stays that way as when the pressure comes on top our experience would be that the deflection and hanging individuals out to dry  starts to increase.  

Personally, I hope you stay up and around the play off spots.  I just hope that by the time we meet again, we’ve somehow joined you.

A Walsall fan hoping we stay around the play offs ?

What utter tosh. You've had your gloat now toddle off back to your billboard.

And take your despicable paedophile and dog chants with you. 

Just a watched the 2 minutes 8 seconds ' highlights ' .

Our magic moment was Politic crossing onto the roof of the net. 

They had the Wilkinson one that hit the post but was always missing and an acrobatic overhead my grandmother would of saved had it not gone 10 foot wide . A truly awful game of football. We were dire. 

Very obvious on the footage what a snidy git Labadie is. Right in the refs face ( as he was all night ) for the sending off and then ruffled Conlons hair. 

By the way it was a nailed on red card I'm not using it as an excuse we deserved absolutely nothing. 

Archived