onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Advert

3 minutes ago, Santa said:

Jones seemed to become a better player earlier in the season as his highlights grew out, and since he’s had them redone he’s gone downhill. 

Bit of a poser. Someone you don't want in the trenches with you.

1 minute ago, Beech said:

And as Captain he should know better and do better. Nobody is perfect. Mistakes happen. But he left us in the <ovf censored> tonight. He's arguably our best player, but when the going gets really tough he's often found wanting, in my opinion. In a game we're already struggling in you can't go getting yourself sent off with two yellows.

I agree with all this. Really let his team down.

You suggested he did it on purpose because he didn't fancy it, which obviously isn't true.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Talking of red cards Salford were down to 9 men tonight at home to Bristol Rovers , losing 1-0.

Final score 1-1. 

We didn't even chuck Mad Cov up tonight. And when Benning took a free kick deep into injury time Rodney was almost holding his hand before thinking he better amble into the box. 

Yep. Agree. Why gamble on a half fit Proctor who moments after coming on got nobbled by the keeper and was wincing the rest of the game? Stick Legge upfront and launch the thing. It’s League 2 for Christ sake, we saw Oldham get too lucky breaks. Just real lack of determination tonight from everyone. So frustrating.

1 hour ago, SuperHuman said:

Out muscled, out ran, out thought. What on earth was that? Yes, I might be over reacting but I’m going to have a rant here.

We seem to have built a football side with absolutely no fight and no ability to go and have a battle. 

The midfield three are only useful when it’s going nice and we’re battering teams. A player like Labadie is just what we need. He absolutely ran that midfield and saw the game out for them. Pett and Conlon just don’t have that in them. I’m still yet to be convinced by Pett if I’m honest. Just give Walker a run in the team now.

Same story for the defence. Sick of seeing Cass being bullied now. Jones is insistent on thinking he’s Beckham, I’m sick of seeing him smash it to their centre halve. When he has to defend, is he actually that good? Their three centre halves would walk in our team. Big and dominant. 

On to the forwards. Clearly Proctor and Wilson are a massive miss. Politic didn’t have a clue where he was playing and hardly touched the ball. Amoo tries hard but never looks like scoring.

I’ve probably over reacted, been emotional and too harsh but I don’t care right now. I’m sick of Vale collapsing in and being crap in any slightly big game. This team so far is no different than any other Vale side in that sense. 

We go to Oldham with a massive following and come home embarrassed. Teams come to here and we gift them three points.

I await the backlash. 

No backlash from me. Lots of truth spoken there.

Our midfield is a ' nice ' midfield. Add to that Taylor, Politic.

Our defence have given us the drive forward and as i said previous, i have never seen us play with so many players in their box when we cross a ball but ' defenders ' no Cass and Jones are poor

Said two month ago, most important players for us will be Rodney and Amoo. When Wilson and Proctor are injured we need Rodney and Amoo but they are not good enough up front.

For the play offs this year we need in Jan : Front man and a dominant center back both of which are Div one standard but they will cost money !!

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

What we’re seeing is why many of these players are playing in this division.  Inconsistency.  Unfortunately what’s happened is that several have had a dip at the same time as we’ve had a couple of crucial injuries.

We had a dip at basically the same time in the last promotion season. The infamous 'coward' comment that led to Morsy's departure. We came back. Dips happen. This is a bad one.

7 minutes ago, Beech said:

Getting a second yellow when you've already been booked is a cowardly act sometimes. He wanted an easy way out of the game in my opinion instead of rolling up sleeves (if he had them) and showing what a captain is all about when the going gets tough. Like the rest of our players, many of them much less talented than he is, he not only went missing tonight but he also gave us absolutely sod all chance of getting back in it the moment he decided he would like an early warm shower.

If you are insinuating Conlon got sent off on purpose you’re deluded. Careless yes especially being on a yellow but he overextended due to a poor touch nothing more.

as for going missing, everyone went missing. A real non performance. Clarke was bang on in his interview that we just never got going. Hopefully there’s a reaction at the weekend.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I agree with all this. Really let his team down.

You suggested he did it on purpose because he didn't fancy it, which obviously isn't true.

I have a tendency to be melodramatic.

But at the end of the day, he left us well and truly in the <ovf censored> tonight.

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The ref isn’t the one passing the ball to the opposition I’m afraid.

I know that we were rubbish 

but my point is that these refs give so many fouls for innocuous challenges that the game has no chance of flowing - 33 fouls tonight !

Two poor teams yes 

but the falling over, histrionics etc is what makes these games so awful to watch and the refs do nothing to stop it. I don’t support Vale doing it either. I pay to watch football not play acting and diving 

A better ref wouldn’t mean Vale play well but at least the game would be more watchable 

4 minutes ago, Beech said:

And as Captain he should know better and do better. Nobody is perfect. Mistakes happen. But he left us in the <ovf censored> tonight. He's arguably our best player, but when the going gets really tough he's often found wanting, in my opinion. In a game we're already struggling in you can't go getting yourself sent off with two yellows.

In modern football, it’s pretty easy to get two yellows, especially in midfield. I think the yelp from their guy on the 2nd helped the ref make his mind up. The bigger issue for me was why their No 24 was given such an easy time being on a yellow for the best part of 80 mins?

1 hour ago, MBE said:

1-11 we were <ovf censored> <ovf censored>.

After 15 mins it was plain to see we lacked energy and we were being outworked by Walsall. It was crying out for a change in formation yet DC stood, watched and waited until half-time to make a change. I really don't understand why?

No energy, no fight, no passing. We were very passive played the ball long too early giving possession away all the time. It appeared we were just waiting for them to score.

After 3 generally poor performances, injuries allowing, I would like to see a change of formation and personnel.

A test now of DC's squad management.

Again another terrific quote.

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

In modern football, it’s pretty easy to get two yellows, especially in midfield. I think the yelp from their guy on the 2nd helped the ref make his mind up. The bigger issue for me was why their No 24 was given such an easy time being on a yellow for the beat part of 80 mins?

I genuinely didn't think people would take me so seriously and believe I actually thought he did get sent off on purpose. It's just ranting out of frustration.

But it was poor from him, especially being the Captain. When you're on a yellow you can't go and do things like that and allow refs to get the attention most of them crave. We needed him badly tonight and he let everyone down, including himself.

Archived