onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Advert

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

Its not just the lack of numbers but lack of noise. To quote Walsall fans its was like a library at times even before we went a goal down.

I know the players have to give you something to support but sometimes the players need a big pick me up when they are struggling and our support at home needs to be much better than that.

Too many fans shouting your <ovf censored> at players when things not going to plan. I've never seen a player yet in any team to play better when your home fans keep saying you are <ovf censored>.

Honestly fans need to give the heads a wobble at times.

Those that didn’t go and cough up 22 quid made the right decision 

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The absolutely infuriating thing is, is that if Dan Jones doesn't decide to go flying in to make up for his 965th misplaced pass of the night, we don't concede and the game ends in a dire 0-0 draw. That's how poor this league is.

We played the worst we've played in about 5 years and conceded one real chance, completely of one player's making. 

Frustrated. We're still 5th and 3 points from 2nd, which we all we deem 'outstanding' if offered pre-season. We've chucked away 8 points in three games and only dropped 3 places. It's horrendously tight so Clarke simply has to show his managerial credentials. This isn't the apocalypse but a massive warning sign that maybe things were going a little too easily for us. 

I’m not so sure I agree. From the Bycars they created a couple of chances 1st half that they ought to have taken, including one against the post. It was obvious they’d done their homework on us and got us completely sussed out and I can’t actually recall us creating a single chance, so they didn’t need to attack us. The really infuriating thing for me was that their No 24 was booked after, what, 10 mins against a card-happy ref and we NEVER put him under any pressure at all. Poor in every single aspect of the game tonight and we looked like a side very low on confidence after the weekend.

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

From what Yates said on the radio it should have only been a yellow and warning.  But the ref made more of it and couldn't wait to get the red card out.

Walsall players have got away with throwing our players to the ground and in some cases more like full on assault.  

Conlon was a yellow. 2 yellows = Red

If we were unlucky with Conlon we were lucky with Smith. That was a red and we got away with it.

I wouldnt say they were throwing our players to the ground, i would say they were blowing on us and we fell over.

No effort no passion no blood and guts. They have been telling us all week what it will be like and we dont turn up.

D.C. failed completely tonight before we even start on players performance

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not so sure I agree. From the Bycars they created a couple of chances 1st half that they ought to have taken, including one against the post. It was obvious they’d done their homework on us and got us completely sussed out and I can’t actually recall us creating a single chance, so they didn’t need to attack us. The really infuriating thing for me was that their No 24 was booked after, what, 10 mins against a card-happy ref and we NEVER put him under any pressure at all. Poor in every single aspect of the game tonight and we looked like a side very low on confidence after the weekend.

They were chances that shouldn't be going in and they were sat in against 10 men. 

They created effectively nothing and took the one chance which Dan Jones put on a plate for us. That's how utterly awful we were. That performance deserved a 5-0 loss.

I don't think there's one positive to come from tonight's game. No one performed against a poor Walsall. Not been this peed off and frustrated since we were two up away last season and threw it away second half and lost 4-3 to you've guessed it bloody Smallsall. 

1 hour ago, glenpvfc said:

Couldnt give a rats arse about the ref when weve not been able to pass a ball all night, we have been 100 times worse than him. Today was embarassing. We will still be orate though

Listen to Clarkes interview. He is spot on.

On here we have a go at the ref. Unbelievable Jeff

There's a dozen players out there who were shocking, most of them disgraceful tonight. Thats how awful that performance was. We have gone back three years.

Lets hope D.C sorts them out now

6 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

I don't think there's one positive to come from tonight's game. No one performed against a poor Walsall. Not been this peed off and frustrated since we were two up away last season and threw it away second half and lost 4-3 to you've guessed it bloody Smallsall. 

On that occasion, Askey was outsmarted by Dazza - tonight it was his turn and it's a bit worrying. Let's hope he thinks this through and gets it right on Saturday because we've played some great stuff so far this season. We've been sussed and he needs to press the reset button. 

Wow, didn’t see that performance coming.  Can’t take one single positive from that game.  Walsall were bang average but we simply rolled over.  Professional footballers should be able to make simple passes when under no pressure.  11 fans picked out of the stand would’ve shown more guts and fight tonight.  The players that played need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Re: Vale

The writing was on the wall after the first 5 minutes: poor first touch, poor distribution, no real pattern or quality to our play. Lacking confidence. Generally poor! This didn’t ‘really’ change all game.

Work to do ready for Saturday. Will take a 1-0 nil win on Saturday from a deflection off someone’s backside. Just need something to help us get our confidence back.

Re: Walsall

Physically strong, ‘up for it’. However, not much quality either, no real pattern to their game either. That said, they managed the game well by time wasting at every opportunity and dropping 10 men back behind the ball when defending after they went 1 up.

Am surprised how the Walsall fans seemed so happy with their manager after 18 games with their record? Obviously, easily pleased. He’s obviously gaining himself some ‘capital’ with their fans after beating us and it was a bit embarrassing when he went to their fans at the end as though they had won the FA Cup. Very odd!

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Horrible game of football that. They are a disgusting side and that referee was worse than Trevor kettle. 

Wrong formation again. 

Keeper, Gibbo and the subs did ok, everyone else was atrocious 

People calling for Politic up front for last two weeks. Tonight shows why he is not the man. Very poor. We played with one up front. Politic doesnt know how to play that role.

Thats why he struggles to get in our team. He needs to play in the midfield and run at players, thats when he looks good but he is no midfield player who will play in a top team for me. There are other positions we need to strengthen first , when we have the money available.

D.C. formation tonight ? Looked like 3 6 1 to me. It was awful. Added to that the players bottled it big style. Shocking performance

We desperately needed to change formation, but you know you're in trouble when you're bringing on Benning and Rodney to try and help you get back in the game. On current form, both wouldn't stand out playing across the road in Burslem Park.

Archived