onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Just now, SuperHuman said:

Out muscled, out ran, out thought. What on earth was that? Yes, I might be over reacting but I’m going to have a rant here.

We seem to have built a football side with absolutely no fight and no ability to go and have a battle. 

The midfield three are only useful when it’s going nice and we’re battering teams. A player like Labadie is just what we need. He absolutely ran that midfield and saw the game out for them. Pett and Conlon just don’t have that in them. I’m still yet to be convinced by Pett if I’m honest. Just give Walker a run in the team now.

Same story for the defence. Sick of seeing Cass being bullied now. Jones is insistent on thinking he’s Beckham, I’m sick of seeing him smash it to their centre halve. When he has to defend, is he actually that good? Their three centre halves would walk in our team. Big and dominant. 

On to the forwards. Clearly Proctor and Wilson are a massive miss. Politic didn’t have a clue where he was playing and hardly touched the ball. Amoo tries hard but never looks like scoring.

I’ve probably over reacted, been emotional and too harsh but I don’t care right now. I’m sick of Vale collapsing in and being crap in any slightly big game. This team so far is no different than any other Vale side in that sense. 

We go to Oldham with a massive following and come home embarrassed. Teams come to here and we gift them three points.

I await the backlash. 

I stopped reading as soon as you said still yet to be convinced by pett 😂😂😂 been best player most weeks

Advert

Bounce back against Hartlepool. I’d be amazed if Jones starts on Saturday. If Proctor starts before he’s ready and has a set back then we genuinely are <ovf censored> then  because by the time Wilson limps back onto the scene we could be mid table.

Not sure this was Darrell's first big test at the club, as some on here are saying. His first major task was to stop us getting relegated out of the league.  Job done.  Then he had to rebuild the squad from a pretty low base.  Job done. Then he had to get us playing attractive football and pushing for promotion.  Job done. We lost tonight after a complete manure show from the sound of it.  Move on, knowing that Darrell will hate what just happened, and hopefully learn from it.  We are still 5th, but in a trough with our most effective strike force injured. That will change.  No need to starting throwing the dummies out just yet, even though it was Walsall - flipping Walsall - again. Disappointing - roll on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

I stopped reading as soon as you said still yet to be convinced by pett 😂😂😂 been best player most weeks

Like I said I’ve probably talked a load of rubbish but that’s my feeling after the game. That’s what a forum is for. I can laugh at myself tomorrow.

He’s too like Conlon for me. Need a big, ugly player to help in there. 

2 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Like I said I’ve probably talked a load of rubbish but that’s my feeling after the game. That’s what a forum is for. I can laugh at myself tomorrow.

Been saying it for weeks. You can't get away with a midfield three from Conlon, Pett, Garrity and Taylor over the course of a season. Some sides will absolutely batter them physically in midfield. But still, the same few numpties here scoff and think they know best, or call you out for being "negative".

1-11 we were <ovf censored> <ovf censored>.

After 15 mins it was plain to see we lacked energy and we were being outworked by Walsall. It was crying out for a change in formation yet DC stood, watched and waited until half-time to make a change. I really don't understand why?

No energy, no fight, no passing. We were very passive played the ball long too early giving possession away all the time. It appeared we were just waiting for them to score.

After 3 generally poor performances, injuries allowing, I would like to see a change of formation and personnel.

A test now of DC's squad management.

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Agree with most of what you’ve said mate really piss-d off with tonight’s shambolic performance 

Pett was poor today I agree. It’s not easy for the midfielders when we set up like that though. Didn’t think he was any worse than Conlon or garrity (thought he was dire) 

Formation and defence have to change for the next match. 

Also think Politic is better as a sub looked knackered and completely ineffective after 50 minutes. 

Covalon 

Gibbons. Legge. Smith. Benning 

Walker. Pett 

Amoo.         Taylor (if fit)    Worrall. 

Rodney 

Proctor still looked a long way off I thought today, Rodney at least gave us an outlet. 

Jones and cass were hopeless as they have been for a few matches now. 

Vale weren't in the game from the start, the midfield was non existent and resulted in the defense, Cass and Jones in particular, playing long balls from the back which didn't work and gave away possession virtually every time.

It was Walsall and it's only November but DC needs to have a good look at his tactics and if he's playing his best players and in their best position.

Archived