onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Really surprised at the way Walsall set up. Taylor was quite a stylish footballer as a player but his team is just ugly, anti football.

Yet to talk about our performance we were absolutely dreadful. Shockingly bad. Made a very poor Walsall side look a million miles better than us, which clearly they're not looking at the league.

We're in a mini slump now and need to snap out of this soon!

Advert

24 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

It’s a poor performance, against a horrible team and an awful ref , but to say our captain has bottled it is a disgrace . Some people thrive off a bad performance . We have injuries to key players and we can’t win and play well every week. His comments are only ever negative

Lol. What about the Tom Conlon thread I made recently? Or the Leon Legge one last season? Did nothing but praise them.

Give your head a wobble.

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Horrible game of football that. They are a disgusting side and that referee was worse than Trevor kettle. 

Wrong formation again. 

Keeper, Gibbo and the subs did ok, everyone else was atrocious 

To many off days. But it was blatantly obvious to me that gibbo was trying to put the  effort in to make things happen down that right hand side in the second half. Things may not have worked all the time but he can come off the pitch with his head up IMO. Others can’t say the same, when we needed to up the tempo others just seemed on the back foot and reacting too slowly. No doubt the sending off totally killed us. But when you look at the game as a whole, it was poor and Walsall had the only effort on target after Jones mistake, other than that it was a scrappy stop start mess with neither team getting going. 

15 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Wouldn’t be so sure about Proctor, didn’t look to be moving that great.

Horrible, horrible performance. They and Oldham have shown what this league is all about and we have been found wanting.

There’s no way he’d be back if others were doing the business. 

Horrible game. Ref was one of worst I’ve seen. They were <ovf censored>, but so were we. 

Time for a re-jig. Jones needs a spell out of the side. That pass for their goal was suicidal.

Feels like ‘typical Vale’. Don’t know why I expect anything different. HOWEVER, there is a long way to go, so I’m keeping the faith. 

Walsall had virtually no threat at all, they were <ovf censored>, we were just another level of <ovf censored> tonight. Really bad. Really bad and no shots on target...Saying that the ball was never in play for longer than 40 seconds. A lot of twisted eye lashes from the Walsall players. Went down easier than, well i wont carry on

1 minute ago, Santa said:

You could tell nobody was on it from minute one.

Which i find staggering considering the result at the weekend, playing walsall darrells old team, infront of a big crowd. 

I am more than aware that we will lose games throughout the season and that is fine. Perfomances like that are not. Genuinely shocked at how bad we were. Deserved to be booed off

20 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

That one is on Clarke for me. Got the tactics wrong in the first half and that’s where the game was lost.

For Askey and 4-3-3 see Clarke and 3-5-2. For all the feted tactical analysis there is little evidence that we play every game on its merits and flex our approach accordingly.

Fair play to Walsall. Turned up for their cup final. Won’t be troubling the top 7 come May though on tonight’s evidence.

Nor will we on tonight's evidence - DC has a lot of work to do.

Out muscled, out ran, out thought. What on earth was that? Yes, I might be over reacting but I’m going to have a rant here.

We seem to have built a football side with absolutely no fight and no ability to go and have a battle. 

The midfield three are only useful when it’s going nice and we’re battering teams. A player like Labadie is just what we need. He absolutely ran that midfield and saw the game out for them. Pett and Conlon just don’t have that in them. I’m still yet to be convinced by Pett if I’m honest. Just give Walker a run in the team now.

Same story for the defence. Sick of seeing Cass being bullied now. Jones is insistent on thinking he’s Beckham, I’m sick of seeing him smash it to their centre halve. When he has to defend, is he actually that good? Their three centre halves would walk in our team. Big and dominant. 

On to the forwards. Clearly Proctor and Wilson are a massive miss. Politic didn’t have a clue where he was playing and hardly touched the ball. Amoo tries hard but never looks like scoring.

I’ve probably over reacted, been emotional and too harsh but I don’t care right now. I’m sick of Vale collapsing in and being crap in any slightly big game. This team so far is no different than any other Vale side in that sense. 

We go to Oldham with a massive following and come home embarrassed. Teams come to here and we gift them three points.

I await the backlash. 

Archived