onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Advert

Hoping this isn’t a long term trend. The league is quite tight and any slump could see us fall quickly. 

Incredible how disjointed and how little quality we had in that half. Our defenders are spectators, watching balls float over them. Amoo has looked a threat, Politic ok the rest…I’m struggling 

2 minutes ago, Beech said:

I said after the Oldham game, that it could be the game where our wheels start to come off. The way we threw away the points, the way we were completely bullied in the last 5 minutes just from a team doing the absolute basics.

Tonight we ran out, bent over and allowed Walsall to give it to us big time. The lot of them should be ashamed.

Tbh I had a feeling they had after the Bradford game

Vale players are just not playing well again.  

Players are just hitting the ball long and hoping.  They are more up for it and winning the 2nd and 3rd balls.  Vale players are just watching them.

Is it a case they think they are better than they really are and DC and Co need to bring them down to earth again.

Football is a game of 2 half's and I wonder if the real Vale players will turn up and score a couple of goals.  But not sure it will happen tonight.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Vale players are just not playing well again.  

Players are just hitting the ball long and hoping.  They are more up for it and winning the 2nd and 3rd balls.  Vale players are just watching them.

Is it a case they think they are better than they really are and DC and Co need to bring them down to earth again.

Football is a game of 2 half's and I wonder if the real Vale players will turn up and score a couple of goals.  But not sure it will happen tonight.

More chance of platting piss.

And yes, I hope that comment comes back to bite me on the ass. Both my cheeks are ready.

Dreadful performance. Walsall are stronger, fitter, taller and first to the ball. Should have started 433 against these with some height and physicality in the team. Second half DC needs to change formation, tactics and players. Jones needs to go off along with Pett who's been anonymous and Walker, Legge and Proctor on otherwise we're going to get dominated physically again second half. 

Walsall have looked comfortable all half and unless something changes, we're getting nothing from this.

Our formation seems all wrong at the moment. The front 2 aren’t doing enough. The wing backs are being pegged back. We’re trying to go down our left all the time but they’re putting 4 players out there to stop gibbo so why aren’t we going the other way? The only link up play we’ve seen of any note is gibbo with Amoo or politic down the channels, and that’s clutching at straws but at least he’s trying to make something happen. Other than that we’ve done nothing. Needs to rethink the formation and how we’re setting up here because we’re getting overrun. Can’t believe how quickly fans in the ground have turned, Jones is having one but booing him isn’t going to help. 

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Appauling. Every game we set up with the same tactic. Every side has figured this out now DC stop going with 532 it Isn’t working. 

Only player to come out with any credit is Covalon. The rest were atrocious 

Get Jones off and get proctor on. Worst performance I’ve seen under Clarke this. 

Yes, we've been sussed and DC needs to change it big time or we're done. 

I just don’t get why we keep going 532. Every side has found us out. Every side pushed Worrall and gibbons back and we then change it and look decent. DC should have changed the formation in the half. The players are there to do so, just move Worrall into midfield and play the back 4. God I hope he changes it round at half time 

Archived