onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

fickle!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are they fickle at the end of the day folk will spend there money on what they wish like some fans I know would rather go watch us away for the awayday ,beers day out new area ,more atmosphere etc etc .
Be great if everyone who came v Bradford came for a tues night fixture but folk also Generally have stupid work patterns I work nights for example luckily for me it's my tues and wed night off so I can go to get behind the lads in Black and White .
Imagine how many more we would have on the gate if Lloyd had finished one of his 2 opportunities v Bradford and the last 10 v Oldham never happened .
But it did its colder also lets hope the buzz created before the last two games is recreated on the pitch the players created it (squad )before hand they have a enormous task to do it again .
Momentum is everything in football how badly do these players want to play in front of better crowds I do not want hear they have played excellently with just under 4000 there I want to be there absolutely made up thar they have performed in gates over 7000 they get win bonus and they get folk talking about them in the right way they deserve .
To me the performance v Bradford was a few notches down on usual home performances and that was with 6220 home folk there the gauntlet I'm throwing down to the squad as a follower and supporter is to play at there maximum every time they cross that white line if they do league one here we come if not the lottery of play offs as even at not top notch the non performance at Mansfield we still drew and we generally were hopeless but other than that and a few catastrophic last 10 away at Sutton and Oldham where we have done enough score 6 in both games but ended up strangely losing this team and squad deserve in my opinion terrific gates .
UTV

Advert

7 hours ago, 1 said:

I feel really stressed. We cannot lose, we simply cannot lose to these. I can't believe they're coming when our two prolific goal scorers are out, but that won't fly as an excuse. Come on Vale let's put Saturday behind us and get a great win. Don't let Darrell down.

Yes i am quite nervous for this one especially with so many seeming its certain we are going to win..... I just think this game could bite us on the arse and cause massive meltdown on here

Suffered many years of walsall beating us

Woke up today excited for this evening until I realised it was actually Monday about lunch time.
Used to get mega excited and be buzzing for days before hand ,if your a passionate person nowt wrong with it I've being told I've got to reign it in shouting at the Vale players for 90 mins leaves me exhausted these days I'm 50 they scored v Bradford fell back in me seat the other week as too much encouraging was taking its toll .
Great that you are excited for tge game hope at least 5700 Vale turn up tomoz evening thinking the crowd should be around 7k again would have being 8k but Saturday happened I'm sure of it .
UTV

23 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Used to get mega excited and be buzzing for days before hand ,if your a passionate person nowt wrong with it I've being told I've got to reign it in shouting at the Vale players for 90 mins leaves me exhausted these days I'm 50 they scored v Bradford fell back in me seat the other week as too much encouraging was taking its toll .
Great that you are excited for tge game hope at least 5700 Vale turn up tomoz evening thinking the crowd should be around 7k again would have being 8k but Saturday happened I'm sure of it .
UTV

I'm more excited than usual because it's Walsall, a team I can't stand, and also because I fully expect us to put in a performance and get a good result after Saturday. It would have been disgusting to lose the way we did against Oldham and then have to wait a whole week for the chance to put it right. Fortunately that's not the case this time.

8 hours ago, 1 said:

I feel really stressed. We cannot lose, we simply cannot lose to these. I can't believe they're coming when our two prolific goal scorers are out, but that won't fly as an excuse. Come on Vale let's put Saturday behind us and get a great win. Don't let Darrell down.

We really can lose this. Over the decades I've supported the Vale, Walsall has been our bogey side like no other and, until Micky put it right, it just seemed to be part of the culture that we never beat 'em. Just hope that the manager and the players can put this to rest once and for all but it's up to them.

I'll be watching but I've been in two minds about it given the trauma this fixture has induced. Some younger fans won't remember this but one Boxing Day long ago at Vale Park I watched Vale take the lead, Walsall have a player sent off and then go on to beat us 2-1 with a brace from John Woodward. The only consolation was - as with Dazza - that we signed Woodward from them and he went on to score plenty for us.

Just hoping that tomorrow doesn't put an end to the festivities like that game did. 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

The worry for me is the threat of Wilkinson in the air at set pieces

My guess is that they're going to bombard us aerially with cross after cross. For that reason alone I'd play Smudger and Leon together in a back four with Gibbo and Jones as full backs. The midfield would stay the same as Saturday with Wozza, Amoo and Politic up top. 

Doubt he'll do it but I just can't see our back three surviving another aerial bombardment.

But then I can't see their defence surviving a front three of Wozza, Amoo and Politic - let's just take the fight to them!

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Taylor: “We do it here and what I will say is, come Tuesday, the players will be ready and they will understand how much that fixture means to this football club.

Jesus, are we that important to them? 😂

I thought that................

Archived