onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

I'm amazed at the number of Smallsall fans supposed to be coming to this match, to give abuse to a manager they didn't want and don't rate? I'm also amazed / disappointed at the number of alleged fans who haven't posted since we last lost, crawling out of the woodwork, again, following another - unmerited - defeat? How can you call yourself a fan when you only celebrate us losing?

Advert

Be interesting see what DC does as in general play alone Gibbons should have had the matchball on what I've seen on he highlights on ifollow .
However the goals conceded if it was a very very low level of football maybe understandable but this is league 2 professional football ,I hope the players are hurt by the manner of the defeat I believe Oldham had very little of the ball yet scored 3 goals credit to them but I do not like the stats I'm reading from the defeats we have had Northampton 1 attempt on target won 1-0 Rochdale 2-3 I think they only had 5 shots on target then Sutton where I think they scored 4 of 5 shots on target then saturdays catastrophe 5 shots on target 3 goals so whoever has played in defence in them games hasn't covered themselves in glory ,throw yourself at the ball wheres the pride in a clean sheet them down the road seem have it .
We have to improve or it will be midtable finish for sure .
This is why we have to attack in my opinion we do not defend very well often but luckily we attack with a fantastic brand of football so unless I am naive why you taking a wide player off put a defender on knowing one more goal for Vale would open the floodgates .
Answers on a postcard DC to the 1973 followers on sat so to me in the space of 2 weeks threw 5 points away and it's everytime Garrity off Taylor on as both games leading when Garrity is on the pitch that's not a swipe at Taylor it's just facts .
Hope that nonsense ending on Saturday hasn't knocked a 1000 off the gate has this game need every top Vale lad there encouraging and what finer tribute to Tony Boult that Vale win and win well .
UTV looking forwards to it

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I expect Rodney to start and hopefully Politic, but without a formation change that would only be for Amoo. We'll see but I expect Amoo to start.

Be prepared for a very rough game.

Got the Ref for it - Mather, 13 games , 54 Yellows, 5 Reds, 5 pens  according to Bescot Banter

For fans who were famously 'not arsed' that DC left + and chuffed with the compensation, Walsall fans seem really obsessed with turning up and letting him know very clearly that they are definitely 'not arsed'. Right. If they just admit their feelings were hurt by a divisional rival taking their manager, him saying he'd come to a better club, and then doing a pretty good job there whilst they flounder in a worse position than when he left, then we move on and they can get back to their real business of existing to serve as the foundations of a big billboard. 

Be a lot of 'grown men' antics tomorrow. Real horrorshows for otherwise respectable, bland fellas who will be back in the office 9am Wednesday. What football is all about imo. Steve the accountant (47), 3 kids, offering out the Paddock after 2 dark fruits. Yes!

I'd go with this, though DC won't:

Legend 

Cass Legge Smith

Worall Pett Conlon Gibbo

Amoo Lloyd Politic

(DC will go same as Saturday, with Smith in for Martin).

Amoo and Politic are the main threats playing as wide forwards, and Lloyd's job would be to scamper about being a nuisance, foraging in the 6 yard box. Pett and Conlon sit deep so we don't go hoof, and link up with the wing-backs and wide forwards.

I'm being really harsh on Jones BUT I worry about Wilkinson in the air off the right, at the back stick, against him. He's been great and he walks back into the team next game, but get Smith tight to Wilkinson.

They've got pure lumps at centre half so get some pace at them with the front three. Monthe can't turn, Ward is in his late 50s, and Khan is a winger turned fullback. Get Gibbo rampaging past him and Politic and Amoo causing general havoc. Lloyd will win freekicks aplenty against these. 

Get at Labadie as he's a walking red card. A target for Smith's antics imo. 

Gibbo is the main man here. I think he's our best player and we need to build play to get him open on the left. Goal and assist on Saturday. Get the ball at his feet. 

I'm not as pessimistic as one or two on here as we're still in the run of some of the best form in professional football, but I think it's fair to say I'd like to see a nice defensive display (only 1 clean sheets in our last 7).

Last thing I'll say is part of the collapse on Saturday was caused by a general retreat after the subs of Worrall and Garrity. We sat in and both Politic and Rodney were playing wide, leaving a chasm up top and therefore no outlet when we cleared lines. Peppered for the last 10-15 = goals. We were controlling possession before but lost control after. Maintain control. Keep good players on. It might be reassuring to have lots of lovely defenders on but imo keep the attacking players on as then we dominate possession and aren't forced to contend with aerial bombardment.

As always; into these.

I feel really stressed. We cannot lose, we simply cannot lose to these. I can't believe they're coming when our two prolific goal scorers are out, but that won't fly as an excuse. Come on Vale let's put Saturday behind us and get a great win. Don't let Darrell down.

Nasty, tussling and strong at the back, taking no nonsense. But when we are attacking let our flair show and take every little touch as an excuse to go down. These and dirty as they come and they'll be riled up, it plays into their hands to go toe-for-toe overzealously battling. Let our better football shine through and use the big pitch.

I'm concerned about injuries to players like Gibbo and Conlon, who go all in for the cause but are still in long-term recovery.

It's a really tough team to pick but I think we need changes to Saturday's team. Obviously Smith will play for Martin but do you then play Legge too?

26 minutes ago, 1 said:

I feel really stressed. We cannot lose, we simply cannot lose to these. I can't believe they're coming when our two prolific goal scorers are out, but that won't fly as an excuse. Come on Vale let's put Saturday behind us and get a great win. Don't let Darrell down.

We really can lose. We very well may do. League 2 football is weird and this will be a fairly frenetic game. Sometimes the balls bounces the wrong way for you.

We're a good side, and I'll be very disappointed if we lose tomorrow, but we can lose and if we do, it won't be the end of the season. 

We'll still be top 7, with our main strikers to come back, a serial promotion-winner in the dugout and the Matrix preparing for January, supported by the best owner in the country.

I'd really love a win, but try and avoid stressing too much about a game in November when there is still nearly 30 games to play. It'll be a fun game. If we lose just stay off Twitter for a couple of days till it quietens down.

Archived