onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not hopeful for this now I have to be honest. These seem to be well up for the game and after yesterday’s farce you’d worry every time the ball was launched in our box. Do it enough times, then they’ll get some joy, guaranteed. 

This has a 0-2 home defeat written all over it I’m afraid.

As far the team, I don’t rate Martin at all, we always concede when he plays. So I’d be inclined to go:-

Cov

Smith-Jones-Legge-Gibbo

Conlon-Pett-Garrity

Worrall-Amoo-Politic

We won't miss the same amount of chances we created again though if we play how we did. On any other day we win yesterday's game by two or three goals and everyone is happy as Larry. Walsall won't be pushovers, but if our players aren't fired up for it after the way they lost and dropped points yesterday then they might as well pack it in.

Advert

Just now, Beech said:

We won't miss the same amount of chances we created again though if we play how we did. On any other day we win yesterday's game by two or three goals and everyone is happy as Larry. Walsall won't be pushovers, but if our players aren't fired up for it after the way they lost and dropped points yesterday then they might as well pack it in.

I really hope so 

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I really hope so 

I'm usually on the pessimistic, jar half empty side, but I'm glad we're playing in just a couple of days time and don't have to wait a whole week on the back of yesterday's result. I think we'll be right up for it and can't wait to see us get back on the Bull. We do need one of Wilson or Proctor up top though so hopefully the latter's return is just around the corner.

I’m tempted to advocate Worrall Politic and Amoo as a front 3, but who’s going to hold the ball up? It would be a divergence if tactics and formation that I can’t see happening midweek with such a short turnaround. Though Amoo is faster and stronger than Rodney, so it would make do until Proctor returns.

Team for me tues judging on reports of yesterday's dreadful loss .
Covalan
Cass Smith Jones
Worrall Gibbons
Walker Garrity Pett
Conlon
Amoo
Get about the pitch get the <edit> in them
Walker and Garrity can play get Conlon up the pitch in a free role where he can put Amoo in who seems to me like the forward who wants get in there and win football matches for the Vale
Walker and Garrity to give extra protection to them at the backwhile in my opinion having a range of workrate and passing to make sure nothing sloppy is going in at our end find especially with Garrity and Pett they work along with Gibbo the hardest when the opposition have the ball breaking up play helping Vale get on the ball .
If going bring anyone on only Politic for one of the wide halfs .
Smith back on contest everything but hopefully we will not be breached .
Get the game won and well .
I'm not giving reasons for dropping certain players I'm just going on what I've read on Oldham match thread .
On reading long term absentees from Vale park supporters who ain't been for years are coming back I do not want us start making them think Here we go again ,do make sure your bang up for it players and keep them coming .
UTV

Rodney is a winger as part of a front three and will never be a striker. As soon as people realise that the better. 

His biggest attribute is pace which he can utilise far more as a winger. He offers a hell of a lot more in wide positions. He doesn’t have the technical ability and intelligence to be a striker. 

He can’t head a ball, he can’t hold the ball up and he’s hardly a finisher is he? Get him out wide and just tell him to attack the full back.

11 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

Because you post so much <ovf censored>

At least you actually made the effort to post something. I knew you were capable if you put your mind to it. Next you'll be telling me you've learned to tie your own shoe laces.

Can't believe we got so many wanting to ditch the formation that has served us so well this season.  We have had two games in Bradford and Oldham where for me we have played some really good stuff and it has been basic errors that have cost us, nothing to do with the formation.  If Smith kicks the ball into the Railway Paddock last week, we win the game, yesterday, all 3 goals came from us not clearing set pieces, nothing to do with the formation.  I never felt any danger yesterday at all from open play and we created a lot going forward, better finishing and we win that game no problem.  You would not see Klopp or Guardioala going away from what has worked for them if they suffer a small blip.  We used 3 at the back virtually all the way through that run last season and this season and people want to change and go 4 at the back. 

Archived