onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Breadwinner

Advert

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Remember losing 1-2 after scoring in 1st min. after they had a man sent off. I think John Woodward scored both their goals. 
Remember Brian Horton missing a penalty at their place to earn a draw.            
Tommy Mac. used to call their old ground all sorts of names. Great memories🚾

How you doing pops

This game is <ovf censored> huge now. It’s not win or bust obviously but it’s a game that can pivot the season one way or the other. Set up to attack like we did against Colchester. There is no need whatsoever to play the same formation every game and I don’t buy this in-game switching of formation, it’s 532 and nothing else.

Cov

Gibbo Smith Legge Jones

Walker

Pett Conlon

Worrall                 Politic

Rodney        (Proctor HT hopefully)

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

This game is <ovf censored> huge now. It’s not win or bust obviously but it’s a game that can pivot the season one way or the other. Set up to attack like we did against Colchester. There is no need whatsoever to play the same formation every game and I don’t buy this in-game switching of formation, it’s 532 and nothing else.

Cov

Gibbo Smith Legge Jones

Walker

Pett Conlon

Worrall                 Politic

Rodney        (Proctor HT hopefully)

Amoo for Rodney if he's fit, but otherwise that side and formation is spot on. Walker needs to be given a couple of games in succession to show what he can do, starting on Tuesday.

Gutted about today as we were by far the better team all over the pitch.  I know a few want us go back to 4 at the back and I was not a fan of 3 at the back at the beginning but we are playing some great stuff, some of the best I have seen in years and that is down to the system and the players playing it.  We could easily go 3-5-2 as we have been or 3-4-3.  We are creating a lot and was us keep either of these 2 systems and go for it, we are best when on the front foot and not trying to defend.  My team would be;

Lucas 

Cass Smith Jones

Worralll Pett Conlon Gibbons

Amoo Rodney Politic

I thought Garrity was decent today and maybe deserves keep his place but a lot of games coming up and feel we need to find a way to accommodate Politic.

Let's hope there are some strong mentality players picked and not players who lose a game they should be winning easily .
Sick of it if we are ever to get out of this bloody league wanted a strong squad with the right mentality to do so .
Giving goals away when having minimum defensive work do is a travesty.
Sort it out DC and I do not want hear weonly lost 1 in 7 should have lost v Mansfield and could easily have conceded 3 in first half v Accrington and v Bradford we giving them chances
Try Amos and Smith and another and sort it out .

I’m not hopeful for this now I have to be honest. These seem to be well up for the game and after yesterday’s farce you’d worry every time the ball was launched in our box. Do it enough times, then they’ll get some joy, guaranteed. 

This has a 0-2 home defeat written all over it I’m afraid.

As far the team, I don’t rate Martin at all, we always concede when he plays. So I’d be inclined to go:-

Cov

Smith-Jones-Legge-Gibbo

Conlon-Pett-Garrity

Worrall-Amoo-Politic

I’m not hopeful for this now I have to be honest. These seem to be well up for the game and after yesterday’s farce you’d worry every time the ball was launched in our box. Do it enough times, then they’ll get some joy, guaranteed. 
This has a 0-2 home defeat written all over it I’m afraid.
As far the team, I don’t rate Martin at all, we always concede when he plays. So I’d be inclined to go:-
Cov
Smith-Jones-Legge-Gibbo
Conlon-Pett-Garrity
Worrall-Amoo-Politic

I can tell you’ve been waiting for us to lose a game. Must’ve been awful when we were winning every game!

Covalon 

gibbons smith legge jones

Conlon Pett          

worrall      Garrity.      Politic

Amoo.   

Think we should change to a back 4 to help us with these defensive errors. Cass has been poor for a few games and Martin was terrible yesterday, then two out for smith and legge and Rodney out of the squad for politic. 

• Fosse69 changed the title to Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall
41 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

I can tell you’ve been waiting for us to lose a game. Must’ve been awful when we were winning every game!

Not at all, nobody wants to see Vale win more than me. The manner of the defeats is so disappointing and we are just not learning from them. As I’ve said on another thread, the number of points we’ve literally chucked away is staggering, Clarke must be fuming.

I know any team can say this but if you look at the defeats - Northampton, Rochdale, Sutton, Oldham - all self-inflicted. This real soft centre in the middle of defence - and let’s be honest Accie could have easily been 3 up before we’d scored - is starting to feel a little reminiscent of last year.

Now I know we have a chance to correct our failings at the back in January but with the injuries starting to mount up and loss of form (i.e. Rodney) I can see a few poor results over the coming weeks.

We seem mentally weak somehow and unable to perform in front of larger crowds which Tuesday looks like being (yesterday was classic Vale, think trips to Macc, Rochdale, Burton is recent years where we’ve been absolutely garbage) so yes, I do think we’ll lose on Tuesday.

Archived