onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter v Bradford

Jacko51

Exeter might be kicked out of the Cup for fielding six subs in this game.  They had subbed five players before the 90 minutes was up then made another sub when extra time started.  They claim that they had checked with the fourth official who had  said OK to the sixth sub.  Looks like a bit of a can of worms this.

Advert

That's an interesting decision as the local media suggests Exeter are pretty upset as they were told repeatedly by the match officials that six subs were allowed. Bradford were apparently told the same thing and were set to bring on a sixth player. 

Yet, it doesn't seem like any action has been taken against the match officials

A report on it here - 

There's a full programme of midweek league fixtures next week and the week after is the EFL Trophy. Unless they shunt the Trophy (and let's face it, it's the Trophy), the only other thing they could do is replay the game on second round day and the winner would potentially play their second round game on the midweek set aside for the replay. Which is during the week before we play them.

20 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Call me a cynic but the most unsurprising aspect of all this is that apparently no action has been taken against any of the officials - at least none that we know.

Never is. Sadly appear untouchable and unaccountable.

For me Exeter should be kicked out. 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

There's a full programme of midweek league fixtures next week and the week after is the EFL Trophy. Unless they shunt the Trophy (and let's face it, it's the Trophy), the only other thing they could do is replay the game on second round day and the winner would potentially play their second round game on the midweek set aside for the replay. Which is during the week before we play them.

It's already confirmed as November 30th so their Tin pot v Portsmouth has to be rearranged. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Never is. Sadly appear untouchable and unaccountable.

For me Exeter should be kicked out. 

I agree it’s what happens to clubs tgat play an ineligible player. I suppose they stated that the ref told them, whether he did or not will not be proven so it’s a grey area. When have there ever been 6 substitutes in a competitive match. If there has been would someone please enlighten me. 

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I agree it’s what happens to clubs tgat play an ineligible player. I suppose they stated that the ref told them, whether he did or not will not be proven so it’s a grey area. When have there ever been 6 substitutes in a competitive match. If there has been would someone please enlighten me. 

Last season. In the FA CuP clubs were allowed 5 subs in normal time which could be made at 3 points in the game then a 6th if the game went to extra time. This season you are still allowed 5 subs (we did against Accy) but the 6th can only be a concussion sub. Looks like the fourth official hadn’t read the new rule. 

Archived