Derby docked more points

Jacko51

Advert:

1 hour ago, robf said:

Nice away trip for many folks next season 😉

I do hope they get themselves sorted though - it's awful to see so many clubs in deep trouble. 

Apart from the advantage of another geographically close potential fixture for Vale fans, I do feel sorry for all Derby supporters.  However, that sympathy does not extend to the club's owners--breaking rules is a form of cheating and disadvantages all clubs that keep to the financial rules!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Apart from the advantage of another geographically close potential fixture for Vale fans, I do feel sorry for all Derby supporters.  However, that sympathy does not extend to the club's owners--breaking rules is a form of cheating and disadvantages all clubs that keep to the financial rules!

Yes, their fans and those of Sheffield Wednesday are being punished for the sins of their owners. But the fans I feel really sorry for are Wycombe's because this disciplinary action should have been completed sooner, in which case Wycombe would have avoided the drop and Derby relegated instead. It's a cruel game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Only 2700 away capacity, that'll sell out rapidly. Very poor that is for the size of ground, I'm surprised. We'd sell that out on 1 per ST holder like we're about to do at Burton. 

edit - a different website reckons up to 5500 for 'cup games'. That's more like it. 

Edited by Doha

Advert:

21 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, their fans and those of Sheffield Wednesday are being punished for the sins of their owners. But the fans I feel really sorry for are Wycombe's because this disciplinary action should have been completed sooner, in which case Wycombe would have avoided the drop and Derby relegated instead. It's a cruel game.

Couldn't agree more--that's why the 'cheating' in financial issues really does affect other clubs!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Doha said:

Only 2700 away capacity, that'll sell out rapidly. Very poor that is for the size of ground, I'm surprised. We'd sell that out on 1 per ST holder like we're about to do at Burton. 

edit - a different website reckons up to 5500 for 'cup games'. That's more like it. 

To be honest if Derby do drop to league one like it looks like will happen they may lose alot of there support. Most teams lose support as they drop down the divisions meaning they could perhaps allocate 5500 away fans for league games and not just cup games. They are a well supported side so can still see them getting around 20k even in league one.