Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

On 15/11/2021 at 06:13, Conrad said:

The Railway hasn’t always been our liveliest stand, it was always the Bycars.

That’s going back a bit. Certainly pre new Lorne Street. I’d say since 1997 it has been dying off. I certainly have not been there since maybe 95/96? 

41 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s going back a bit. Certainly pre new Lorne Street. I’d say since 1997 it has been dying off. I certainly have not been there since maybe 95/96? 

I’ve been in there every season since the stand went all seater and have to agree with you, fairly steady decline in numbers overall.  Like all the stands, bit of an upsurge this season maybe.  Upsurge used in the widest sense of the word when referring to the Bycars, but numbers are definitely up where I sit.  I now have to move if I wish to socially distance, had fans sitting next to me singing the wrong words, have witnessed stress at the tea bar over sold out pies a couple of times and actually had folk sat in my seat once this season.  Getting disillusioned with it all….

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Instead of just moaning on here, why don't those with an issue email the club setting out their concerns and possible solutions? If you've already done so, great. If you haven't, why haven't you?

Phil, I think ppl come on here hoping that if enough ppl like the comment then perhaps someone at the club, checks comments. Where as emails don’t get checked or ppl never respond to them. In the past I have been contacted by the club over a post that I put onto OVF. In short though I don’t know what the answer is

• Like 1

Something definitely needs sorting regarding getting away tickets. If we are still in the top 3 come April then there's going be problems getting tickets for the last 3 away games. Hartlepool on good Friday only allocate 900 Walsall isn't far to travel and we can take 2300 but they will sell quickly and Exeter the final game only allocate 1300 and you won't get anymore than that especially if there still up there in the table aswell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

1. Phone Queuing System/hold function

2. Online sales linked to Season Ticket numbers, with a running total on the website of how many sold so people are informed and aren't playing a guessing game

3. Email + Phone + Online purchase system with 'time slots' for collection to avoid long queues

Those are three fairly simple solutions which could be sorted in an afternoon by a fella clued up on IT and software + paying for a holding service. 

As a side to this I contacted the club the week before the Accrington game to enquire about the £50 offer for the 3 x course meal & vice presidents tickets. I called about an hour after the post appeared advertising the offer on Twitter. Nobody at the club knew anything about it, they took my contact details & said they would call back. I never got a call so I called them again the following day & again they couldn't transfer me through to anybody who could help & apparently the person who could help wasn't working that day. I tried for a 3rd & final time on the Thursday before the game & again got told that somebody would call me back & get me sorted...

Nothing happened & I ended up in the Paddock with my Grandad rather than spending £100 I had planned to spend. Really really poor experience. The people on the other end of the phone were nice enough but just seemed a total lack of organisation. Disappointing. 

• Like 1

A system where people apply for away tickets and enter a ballot would be fairer than rewarding those able to turn up on a Wednesday morning.
I think this is the way forward and very simple to implement. At least until a time that a more complex system can be developed. I often wonder what the ticket office manager does. We see very little development of anything there. I assume that it is a full time role, surely 90% of the time there is very little to do other than think of initiatives.

Young fans need to learn more about the history of the club and the players who once played on the hallowed turf.... so we need to sing "Steino is a t,osser" more often.

Also, reopen a/the Family Stand. As a child, when we and my dad didn't know where to sit, the ticket shop lady basically said to my dad "if you don't want to hear loud fans and swearing, go in the Family Stand".... We did for two or three years and I loved it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

Young fans need to learn more about the history of the club and the players who once played on the hallowed turf.... so we need to sing "Steino is a t,osser" more often.

Also, reopen a/the Family Stand. As a child, when we and my dad didn't know where to sit, the ticket shop lady basically said to my dad "if you don't want to hear loud fans and swearing, go in the Family Stand".... We did for two or three years and I loved it

loud fans and a bit of swearing is part of the match day experience IMO even as a kid. I have taken all 5 of my kids to VP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaneValiant said:

We also sat in the family stand for a good 3-4 years as well from 1991 it was a great view. Although me and my bro would sneak in the railway paddock for the second half. Loved it, nearly as much as I remember cutting up news papers and taking till roll/ bog rolls to throw when the players came out.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 17:40, Andy Proctor said:

Something definitely needs sorting regarding getting away tickets. If we are still in the top 3 come April then there's going be problems getting tickets for the last 3 away games. Hartlepool on good Friday only allocate 900 Walsall isn't far to travel and we can take 2300 but they will sell quickly and Exeter the final game only allocate 1300 and you won't get anymore than that especially if there still up there in the table aswell.

Exeter is the final game! That will be amazing…nice hotel in Torquay for that one. Promotion party etc..

Somewhat related to the tone of the thread, I REALLY wish we'd stop playing that mega tinpot Tom Hark whistling nonsense at full time if we've won. Awful. It's a relatively new thing since the takeover. Just launch straight into The Wonder Of You like we used to have.

We also need to start playing One Step Beyond more. It's absolutely puddled. Brilliant. 

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Somewhat related to the tone of the thread, I REALLY wish we'd stop playing that mega tinpot Tom Hark whistling nonsense at full time if we've won. Awful. It's a relatively new thing since the takeover. Just launch straight into The Wonder Of You like we used to have.

We also need to start playing One Step Beyond more. It's absolutely puddled. Brilliant. 

Agree with all of this.

In addition - the best thing old Norm ever did was have Insomnia playing after half time. Don't know why it was done, but get it blasting. Want the away fans to feel like this as the Tricky Whites stroll out for another 45 minutes of massacre:

image.png.fdac01ab379f60d203442d07837af605.png

I'd prefer this to be played at some point too. No specific reason:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Regarding limited away tickets, most PL clubs do ballots for away tickets. And a friend of mine who has a ST at Man Utd told me, you have to have had your ST for 2 seasons, before you can even enter the ballot...

That’s ok if you are a season ticket holder but what about fans who live out of area and want to see Vale at their local fixture - for me for example that’s Northampton and Swindon.

have to call tickets office at the moment to get them posted out - would be better online like you can do with the home ones 

On 17/11/2021 at 20:09, wotsyobeef said:
On 17/11/2021 at 18:38, Santa said:
A system where people apply for away tickets and enter a ballot would be fairer than rewarding those able to turn up on a Wednesday morning.

I think this is the way forward and very simple to implement. At least until a time that a more complex system can be developed. I often wonder what the ticket office manager does. We see very little development of anything there. I assume that it is a full time role, surely 90% of the time there is very little to do other than think of initiatives.

I don't think it's the job of the ticket office manager to device an IT system for the distribution of away tickets.  That's surely above their pay grade.

A lot of Premier League clubs have a points system in relation to away tickets.  You get points for every ticket you buy.  When tickets go on sale, the fans with the most points get first go at the tickets and the number of points required to purchase gradually goes down as the sale period goes on.  The idea of a ballot for tickets is, in my opinion, unfair on the regular away traveller.  We saw with the Man City game that all sorts of armchair fans come out of the woodwork for a game like that and some regulars miss out.  Loyalty is the best criteria for distributing tickets which are in short supply, not random access.

Carol's piece in tonight's programme points out that the club are currently working on developing a system for prioritising ticket sales for away games.  It will happen, don't panic!

1 hour ago, osprey said:

That’s ok if you are a season ticket holder but what about fans who live out of area and want to see Vale at their local fixture - for me for example that’s Northampton and Swindon.

have to call tickets office at the moment to get them posted out - would be better online like you can do with the home ones 

That's what I have done; in my case it's Walsall, used to be Wolves, but never had a problem with it.