onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

Good question. I suspect that they don't have a right to rope off the road ... but I'm no legal expert here! I'd also suspect that the people who do park there don't want a confrontation. The guys are always there in 2-3's  "on patrol" quite clearly waiting for someone to try to move the bin so that they can kick off. I'd imagine that 9/10 of the time, just finding somewhere else to park is the path of least resistance!
Hate people like that. You'd just love it if they kicked off on the wrong guy

Advert

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

If you want more noise, I think one solution would be to close off parts of the Bycars although it's probably the safest area of the ground, Covid-wise.

Rather than closing sections off we should be encouraging more fans in if at all possible. Incentives/initiatives would be better tried first in my opinion.

Since the bottom turnstiles were closed, and to a lesser extent the tea bar adjacent to the Family Stand side, fans have congregated more than ever towards the Lorne Street side of the Bycars so there’s always a large imbalance to the spread of fans in there.  I’d be offering lower priced tickets for the lower blocks behind the goal for certain games.

8 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Rather than closing sections off we should be encouraging more fans in if at all possible. Incentives/initiatives would be better tried first in my opinion.

Since the bottom turnstiles were closed, and to a lesser extent the tea bar adjacent to the Family Stand side, fans have congregated more than ever towards the Lorne Street side of the Bycars so there’s always a large imbalance to the spread of fans in there.  I’d be offering lower priced tickets for the lower blocks behind the goal for certain games.

At the moment, even when we do try and fill it, there's still so much room in there that there's no atmosphere. Try and fill it but maybe close the flanks, or top corners and it would make for a much better experience. Get a big flag back. Maybe even see if the rowdier people would consider decamping there for a cup game. It was only 25 or so years ago that the Bycars was the most jumping part of the ground.

A frustration for me is just how inefficient the staff are at the kiosks in the Railway. There may be 8 people in front of you but it takes 10 minutes to serve them! The same person takes the order, goes to fetch it, then takes the payments - its painful to witness.

There should be 50 bottles lines up ready to go, one person handing them out and another couple taking payments as Im sure you could be serving more in less time. This has now stopped me from purchasing at HT as you just cannot be served and be back in time.

The Fan Zone has been great, and the serving there seems better and quicker.

I understand the restrictions but something could change - its only going to get worse when more fans are coming in.

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Supermarket frozen chicken tenders - 50p
Barbecue sauce, chives, sesame seeds, Nandos perinaise, packaging, utility overheads - <50p

Profit per unit - several hundred percent 

That twitter account would be worth a quick scroll through by someone in commercial at Vale. The quality of stuff you can get at amateur part time non league clubs puts our overpriced reheated stodge crap to shame really. 

Chips and Gravy - now there is a mark up. Easy to churn out and 95% of folk love 'em!

I cant recall proper chips in stadia (must be to do with hot oil/safety concerns) but even oven chips and chippy gravy/curry would be a winner

Kidderminster have stopped selling these in favour of generic mass market ones, presumably for a bit more profit margin. Be good if we could find out who the supplier was? Pie and chips for a 5er, biodegradable container and wooden fork. Job done on a Baltic tuesday night. 

FD2RGXRX0AgkUnY?format=jpg&name=large

FD2RGYHWEAUKc4z?format=jpg&name=medium

13 minutes ago, ValiantEffort said:

Chips and Gravy - now there is a mark up. Easy to churn out and 95% of folk love 'em!

I cant recall proper chips in stadia (must be to do with hot oil/safety concerns) but even oven chips and chippy gravy/curry would be a winner

Non-league, Tier 6 and 7, the latter on a kitchen stove but crowd about the 100 mark,  the former with curry sauce but club now bankrupt and in a phoenix state.

6 hours ago, robf said:

I think one of the things that could be implemented quite quickly is proper customer research and questionnaires.

In recent posts there's been quite a few "not too sure" and "I wonder" and "I guess" and that's fair enough because we don't know. 

Aside from the ideas posted on here which I think are really valuable for the club, I think one thing the club could really benefit from is getting regular, up-to-date feedback from the fanbase.

The club has a large database of fans contact details so it would make a lot of sense to email them occasionally with "quick" five minute surveys.

You can use them to find out all sorts of things - what would encourage them to buy from the refreshment kiosks more, what would improve the matchday experience, views on parking, views on ticketing and so on...

I agree, but then comes a cost implication from collating all the information gathered. I’ve never attended a supporters club meeting, are these type of subjects discussed. Some suggestions may require a lot a finances which we might not have at the time or are in the pipeline, should we continue to grow as a club. Perhaps just taking three ideas from the fans and making sure that these ideas are either implemented or there is an improvement from when the club agreed to manage the suggestion.

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Kidderminster have stopped selling these in favour of generic mass market ones, presumably for a bit more profit margin. Be good if we could find out who the supplier was? Pie and chips for a 5er, biodegradable container and wooden fork. Job done on a Baltic tuesday night. 

FD2RGXRX0AgkUnY?format=jpg&name=large

FD2RGYHWEAUKc4z?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow, now that does look nice

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

At the moment, even when we do try and fill it, there's still so much room in there that there's no atmosphere. Try and fill it but maybe close the flanks, or top corners and it would make for a much better experience. Get a big flag back. Maybe even see if the rowdier people would consider decamping there for a cup game. It was only 25 or so years ago that the Bycars was the most jumping part of the ground.

You could argue the Bycars on the Railway flank has almost closed itself sadly, very sparsely populated in recent times.  Have to admit I’m not a fan of closing areas, I’d rather see a few people dotted about rather than vast empty areas of yellow seats.  I’d argue that there are enough fans in the Bycars to make a real noise.  Maybe we simply aren’t shouting enough,

6 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Probably a lot of good ideas stated here, I d be surprised if the current owners weren't aware of some of them and may have even costed some of them.

A simple one we could fix for no cost  which would be more beneficial to the club and the team  is to create a better atmosphere in the ground more in keeping with a club near the top of the league. I thought it was a bit too quiet against Bradford.

What about a massive PVFC flag that the fans pass over their heads in the RP starting at one end and then it’s collected by someone at the club, when it’s done just before the game starts.?

Archived