Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

8 hours ago, Santa said:

1. The queues around the Railway Stand turnstiles / gate to Synectics car park are a bit of a free for all, especially around the new bollard they put up. A bit of organisation would be useful around there.

2. There’s still a significant minority of people that boo the knee every week. I’ve not seen the Sky footage so I don’t know if these people succeeded in embarassing us on national television. I don’t know how we can reach out to them and get them to at the very least be anti-anti-racist a bit more quietly. 

There was indeed some booing taking the knee gesture, but in fairness, there appeared to be many more people applauding--the Vale Park crowd is probably a reasonable reflection of society as a whole, so why should anyone expect something different might happen?

27 minutes ago, robf said:

In a free country, doesn't that work both ways?

If people are allowed to boo something, then, it being a free country, aren't other people therefore allowed to disagree with them booing and call them names for doing so? 

People conflate 'freedom of speech' with 'freedom to speak without being criticised'.

• Like 1

Perhaps just to explain my questions a little more. I find it interesting that some people think it's OK to insult others by doing things like booing a gesture that clearly means a great deal to others. And then those same people can't take it when they themselves are insulted for doing so.

If you truly want a world in which you're "free" to criticise then you need to expect to get some criticism back.

Personally, I think this world would be a lot better if everyone (regardless of their moral code, politics, religion or whatever) concentrated on toleration and respect for others.

Anyhow, I think I've played a large part in taking this thread off topic so can we get back on subject please...

• Like 4

I know we give some free tickets out last game but I'd be happy if we gave out 5000 free tickets each game and got pretty much every seat in the ground full. 

I know we probably wouldn't be allowed to do it but if we wanted to improve the atmosphere then allow home fans into the Hamil so that it's shared with home and away fans. We could just give away teams 1500 as no team in this league would bring more than that and have abit of segregation then have 1500 home fans in there.

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Folks, thanks for the contributions, all with Vales good fortune at the centre of them. I hope that this thread is brought to the attention of C&K as a lot relate to funding streams and simple things can  be improved, ie making sure that ppl are able to purchase drinks at the games. 👏👏 

I hope there's plenty more suggestions and comments too. I think one of the best ways for all organisations to improve is to listen to feedback from the people who use them so I think this is all really good feedback for the club. Thanks for starting the thread! I'm sure Vale is absolutely going in the right direction but the owners can't spot everything so threads like this can only help.

• Thanks 1

Catering has always been an issue. The railway concourse is far too busy for the size of the kiosk, normal on a saturday not to get to the front before the second half kicks off. Quality leaves a lot to be desired for the price point too, love those dry tepid oatcakes with a cold hard lump of economy cheese in the middle I do. 

Would it be that difficult to build a small platform into the hill to host a portacabin second kiosk? I wouldn't have thought so.  

cba checking the planning portal right now to see if there's any details but off the top of my head there definitely is a long term plan for the Railway in terms of better access (they demolished the toilets at the bottom, more turnstiles in their place to alleviate congestion would be gratefully received) but there's more pressing issues to spend the money on right now which is more than fair enough. 

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

Catering has always been an issue. The railway concourse is far too busy for the size of the kiosk, normal on a saturday not to get to the front before the second half kicks off. Quality leaves a lot to be desired for the price point too, love those dry tepid oatcakes with a cold hard lump of economy cheese in the middle I do. 

Would it be that difficult to build a small platform into the hill to host a portacabin second kiosk? I wouldn't have thought so.  

cba checking the planning portal right now to see if there's any details but off the top of my head there definitely is a long term plan for the Railway in terms of better access (they demolished the toilets at the bottom, more turnstiles in their place to alleviate congestion would be gratefully received) but there's more pressing issues to spend the money on right now which is more than fair enough. 

Amazing that the Railway Paddock used to hold 12,000 standing, although there were turnstiles open the other end.