• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The current capacity is 15,036.  The Railway Stand allowed capacity is 2,094. There are a number of safety restrictions on the ground at the moment. 

So how are 20,000 being allowed to watch RW, especially as around 2,000 places will be lost as the Railway Stand will be used as the stage area, as far as I understand?

Advert:

20 hours ago, FeedThePope9 said:

I think Vale Park is perfectly capable of holding a big crowd. We were told to arrive early for the game, which many did (as queues had formed for turnstiles in the Railway and Bycars well before 2pm) but it was 2:05pm by the time they started letting anybody in and not all turnstiles were open. I’d put this down to ‘human error’ as it is rather than a Vale Park issue.

I know VP isn’t perfect but I think we’re quite fortunate really. Look at clubs like Barrow (we all know how shocking it is but they haven’t been in the Football League for long in fairness) Bristol Rovers has a ground with temporary tents being used as stands and Swindon’s ground certainly isn’t perfect either with a goal end missing an entire roof. I’d take VP any day of the week.

League 1 has plenty of grim grounds. Crewe, Burton,Cheltenham, Accrington, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, all inferior to Vale park in many ways. Burton, although modern is still standing and was awful in that away end a few seasons back. 

Our ground these days is probably on par as a larger version of Cambridge United’s with the Lorne Street and modern exec boxes superior. 

Luton still host Championship games and that really does need a safety certificate looking at. I just don’t know how they can safely evacuate the away end if full?! Yet Vale park with fairly decent evacuation routes except maybe the far end of the railway/family stand gets a reduced capacity! 

I hate to moan when there are so many positives.

We do need to improve entry to the ground. There was little difference from the Bristol game compared to Tranmere earlier. Ridiculous queues.  Apart from games like v Arsenal, Genoa, Everton, Stoke and the like, we managed crowds adequately in the past. Is it the scanners, poor scanning of tickets, not enough turnstiles open?

There is also little management of the long queues. In the Paddock, there are x2 ST turnstiles and x1 ticket turnstile. people do not know which is which queue and whether or not they can use either of the x3 turnstiles.

One gripe amongst many improvements on and off the pitch. But as the owners may well say. If no one tells us the problem, how can we fix it?

I sympathise with those who didn’t get in the ground for kickoff on Monday.I queued for 15 mins ,at 2pm,for the Railway Stand.The others ,who I normally go with ,are almost always late.They got to their seats at 2.50pm with very little queuing outside.I haven’t  seen any complaints from Bristol R fans

having to queue for ages.The Bycars seemed to be the problem area.A statement from the club maybe helpful regarding the delays that occurred there.I think it is now time to finish the Lorne Street and, at least,update the facilities in The Bycars.

Advert:

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

So how are 20,000 being allowed to watch RW, especially as around 2,000 places will be lost as the Railway Stand will be used as the stage area, as far as I understand?

Standing on the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, pete vale said:

We do need to improve entry to the ground. There was little difference from the Bristol game compared to Tranmere earlier. Ridiculous queues.  Apart from games like v Arsenal, Genoa, Everton, Stoke and the like, we managed crowds adequately in the past. Is it the scanners, poor scanning of tickets, not enough turnstiles open?

There is also little management of the long queues. In the Paddock, there are x2 ST turnstiles and x1 ticket turnstile. people do not know which is which queue and whether or not they can use either of the x3 turnstiles.

One gripe amongst many improvements on and off the pitch. But as the owners may well say. If no one tells us the problem, how can we fix it?

Smurfwaite had a solution. Pee off the fans so they won’t come in the first place! I could arrive at 2.55 in the late Norman era and see kick off. Plenty of (cold) pies, easy to use toilets and parking was ample. 

1 hour ago, jimbo57 said:

The pitch. 

Smurfwaite had a solution. Pee off the fans so they won’t come in the first place! I could arrive at 2.55 in the late Norman era and see kick off. Plenty of (cold) pies, easy to use toilets and parking was ample. 
I think it's the scanners. They take ages. Sometimes they don't work at all so they just let you in anyway. That's why our attendances are so low and inaccurate. Scanned my ticket Saturday said it had already been used!

I sympathise with those who didn’t get in the ground for kickoff on Monday.I queued for 15 mins ,at 2pm,for the Railway Stand.The others ,who I normally go with ,are almost always late.They got to their seats at 2.50pm with very little queuing outside.I haven’t  seen any complaints from Bristol R fans
having to queue for ages.The Bycars seemed to be the problem area.A statement from the club maybe helpful regarding the delays that occurred there.I think it is now time to finish the Lorne Street and, at least,update the facilities in The Bycars.

Stage 1, move the players gym from the Concourse area. Money is always a factor and time.

Advert:

3 hours ago, connor hackett said:
4 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

The crowd will be on the pitch

They'll be thinking it's all over.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pete vale said:

Once again, I bring you these.

Of course there are still queues, but the scanners doesn't care if it's a QR code on a ST, a phone or a ticket. It just scans it. 

And you get 8 turnstiles, where there once was 4. With less stewards needed, because they pretty much run themselves.

In the 10+ years I've attended, I haven't seen or heard of entry problems even once. And there are always 15.000+ inside. 

One reason may be, that the scanners are not wireless, but all cabled to a main server. Which makes it WAY more stable! Wireless is smart, when it's working. But when you are totally dependent on it, and it goes <ovf censored> up (as I've experienced myself at Vale), it really goes <ovf censored> up! 

images.jpeg

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 1

Advert:

6 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:
In the seats. How many will they get on the pitch??

Lose 6000 in the Railway for the stage, then need 11/12,000 on the pitch to make 20,000 ?

They can use the new LS seats for that event though.  2000?

• Thanks 1