onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

Advert

I sympathise with those who didn’t get in the ground for kickoff on Monday.I queued for 15 mins ,at 2pm,for the Railway Stand.The others ,who I normally go with ,are almost always late.They got to their seats at 2.50pm with very little queuing outside.I haven’t  seen any complaints from Bristol R fans

having to queue for ages.The Bycars seemed to be the problem area.A statement from the club maybe helpful regarding the delays that occurred there.I think it is now time to finish the Lorne Street and, at least,update the facilities in The Bycars.

23 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I hate to moan when there are so many positives.

We do need to improve entry to the ground. There was little difference from the Bristol game compared to Tranmere earlier. Ridiculous queues.  Apart from games like v Arsenal, Genoa, Everton, Stoke and the like, we managed crowds adequately in the past. Is it the scanners, poor scanning of tickets, not enough turnstiles open?

There is also little management of the long queues. In the Paddock, there are x2 ST turnstiles and x1 ticket turnstile. people do not know which is which queue and whether or not they can use either of the x3 turnstiles.

One gripe amongst many improvements on and off the pitch. But as the owners may well say. If no one tells us the problem, how can we fix it?

Smurfwaite had a solution. Pee off the fans so they won’t come in the first place! I could arrive at 2.55 in the late Norman era and see kick off. Plenty of (cold) pies, easy to use toilets and parking was ample. 

Smurfwaite had a solution. Pee off the fans so they won’t come in the first place! I could arrive at 2.55 in the late Norman era and see kick off. Plenty of (cold) pies, easy to use toilets and parking was ample. 
I think it's the scanners. They take ages. Sometimes they don't work at all so they just let you in anyway. That's why our attendances are so low and inaccurate. Scanned my ticket Saturday said it had already been used!

I sympathise with those who didn’t get in the ground for kickoff on Monday.I queued for 15 mins ,at 2pm,for the Railway Stand.The others ,who I normally go with ,are almost always late.They got to their seats at 2.50pm with very little queuing outside.I haven’t  seen any complaints from Bristol R fans
having to queue for ages.The Bycars seemed to be the problem area.A statement from the club maybe helpful regarding the delays that occurred there.I think it is now time to finish the Lorne Street and, at least,update the facilities in The Bycars.

Stage 1, move the players gym from the Concourse area. Money is always a factor and time.

3 hours ago, connor hackett said:
4 hours ago, jimbo57 said:
So how are 20,000 being allowed to watch RW, especially as around 2,000 places will be lost as the Railway Stand will be used as the stage area, as far as I understand?

The crowd will be on the pitch

They'll be thinking it's all over.

4 hours ago, pete vale said:

I hate to moan when there are so many positives.

We do need to improve entry to the ground. There was little difference from the Bristol game compared to Tranmere earlier. Ridiculous queues.  Apart from games like v Arsenal, Genoa, Everton, Stoke and the like, we managed crowds adequately in the past. Is it the scanners, poor scanning of tickets, not enough turnstiles open?

There is also little management of the long queues. In the Paddock, there are x2 ST turnstiles and x1 ticket turnstile. people do not know which is which queue and whether or not they can use either of the x3 turnstiles.

One gripe amongst many improvements on and off the pitch. But as the owners may well say. If no one tells us the problem, how can we fix it?

Once again, I bring you these.

Of course there are still queues, but the scanners doesn't care if it's a QR code on a ST, a phone or a ticket. It just scans it. 

And you get 8 turnstiles, where there once was 4. With less stewards needed, because they pretty much run themselves.

In the 10+ years I've attended, I haven't seen or heard of entry problems even once. And there are always 15.000+ inside. 

One reason may be, that the scanners are not wireless, but all cabled to a main server. Which makes it WAY more stable! Wireless is smart, when it's working. But when you are totally dependent on it, and it goes <ovf censored> up (as I've experienced myself at Vale), it really goes <ovf censored> up! 

images.jpeg

Archived