onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

16 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

How is it the best solution financially?  If we carried out all the work listed in this thread and built a new stand to replace the Railway we’d still be nowhere near the cost of a new stadium.  The current site would have to be worth a huge amount, unless we were given a new site at very low cost and could obtain a significant amount of funding towards the project, all highly unlikely.

Anyway Carol has already said moving from VP is not up for discussion and I fully agree with her.  Although it’s been neglected, we’ve got a great stadium, which is actually the envy of many clubs at this level.

Totally agree.

Advert

When our previous owner had the club weren’t we all using the caveat that the land had to be a sporting arena as a shield, to prevent ourselves from being homeless. This could have then led to us going out of business.

If they were to pull the ground down and rebuild completely, where would we play our home games.?

As already suggested there’s nothing wrong with two sides of the ground and too much money has already been invested. The roof on the Railway looks as though it’s made from asbestos, I’d hate to think of the cost of disposing of that alone.

I would love us to have a new, purpose built ground. Vale Park has been improved significantly under the current regime but it needs so much work doing to it to bring it up to modern standards. I genuinely think it would help us grow the supporter base and become more sustainable as a club through increased commercial revenue. However I think the boat has sailed, in terms of funding, sponsorship etc particularly since Brexit. 

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

How is it the best solution financially?  If we carried out all the work listed in this thread and built a new stand to replace the Railway we’d still be nowhere near the cost of a new stadium.  The current site would have to be worth a huge amount, unless we were given a new site at very low cost and could obtain a significant amount of funding towards the project, all highly unlikely.

Anyway Carol has already said moving from VP is not up for discussion and I fully agree with her.  Although it’s been neglected, we’ve got a great stadium, which is actually the envy of many clubs at this level.

The ground is dilapidated, we made a massive blunder when the Lorne Street was redeveloped, the pitch should have been moved right up to the Railway paddock giving us a lot more room to work with. The costs for making Vale Park in to a top quality stadium is horrendous. You are correct in saying we have a stadium that others would envy at this level but we need to move away from this level and should be challenging for a championship place but our stadium is way off championship standards. I would prefer we stayed at Vale Park and spent the millions needed to bring it to that standard but this cost will be millions more than moving to a new purpose built stadium

On 06/02/2022 at 13:56, Santa said:

The Railway Stand got re-roofed in 1996. I remember the pre season friendly versus Wimbledon when a thunderstorm combined with the amount of scaffolding on that side caused the ref to abandon. 

That is the only time I've ever sat in the Hamil End.  Hadn't realised until then what a rubbish view it was.  No rake on it at all.

That is the only time I've ever sat in the Hamil End.  Hadn't realised until then what a rubbish view it was.  No rake on it at all.
The Bycars is just as bad.. the railway paddock/stand are crumbling away and the Lorne Street offers about as much protection from the elements as a colander. The lot wants skittling.

I have always thought that it would be best to demolish the railway and bycars. Bring the railway stand in and just have a 4k capacity stand. Use the land behind for industrial units or some thing . Make the bycars into a car park or training ground . Maybe develop later. There is a lot of wasted ground around the stadium .

31 minutes ago, bomber said:

I have always thought that it would be best to demolish the railway and bycars. Bring the railway stand in and just have a 4k capacity stand. Use the land behind for industrial units or some thing . Make the bycars into a car park or training ground . Maybe develop later. There is a lot of wasted ground around the stadium .

My thoughts exactly, bring the bycars and paddock closer in and use what would be a large area of spare land behind the railway stand for an all singing, dancing indoor leisure facility with a  pool, squash courts, basket ball, five a side, etc, etc (trump Northwood stadium), and or an alternative venue for the big darts, snooker tournaments plus other. Keep the ground busy on non match days. No harm in dreaming !!!!! 

Archived