onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

That <ovf censored> bad owner has been robbing Carol and  Kevin for years.  He was a cancer on the club. The thought of him makes me feel physically sick.  The thought he actually made a profit out of us.... I will say no more. I could.  But I don't do bad language.  

Advert

7 hours ago, philmpv said:

Can't see 'product before payment' working in Burslem to be honest emoji23.png

Why not? you're only talking seconds, you reckon someone is gonna run off over a 3 quid pie after they've paid 22 quid to get in.🤣😋

Payment could also be made before the food/drink is give.🍔

14 hours ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

The tannoy system has been like this for years so what's changed we've been allocated H&S certificates with how poor it is in previous seasons it doesn't make sense emoji460.pngemoji854.png

Tideswell saying in the Sentinel that it is a safety and compliance issue.

Statement regarding developments and future plans -

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-martin-tideswell-interview-6603441

Not sure how it could be achieved and I suspect the cost would be mightily prohibitive, but we need seats/terracing closer to the pitch to generate real atmosphere.  Grounds like the Bescot always seem more atmospheric with smaller crowds just because all spectators are much closer to the action.

5 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Not sure how it could be achieved and I suspect the cost would be mightily prohibitive, but we need seats/terracing closer to the pitch to generate real atmosphere.  Grounds like the Bescot always seem more atmospheric with smaller crowds just because all spectators are much closer to the action.

It’s only at the sides to be fair.  Both Bycars and Hamil ends are pretty close to the goals.  The main “problem” is that we don’t use the full width of the pitch, there’s yards of grass before you reach the running track down each side.  You’d have to think if we were ever to redevelop the Railway then the whole lot could be bought closer to the pitch.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

It’s only at the sides to be fair.  Both Bycars and Hamil ends are pretty close to the goals.  The main “problem” is that don’t use the full width of the pitch, there’s yards of grass before you reach the running track down each side.  You’d have to think if we were ever to redevelop the Railway then the whole lot could be bought closer to the pitch.

That’s the dream, a steeper new stand to replace the Railway which brings everything closer in! 😄 Have no idea how we would ever afford it. Maybe a combination of grants and loans or a wealthy investor buying a percentage of the club from Carol in the future. 

It’s only at the sides to be fair.  Both Bycars and Hamil ends are pretty close to the goals.  The main “problem” is that don’t use the full width of the pitch, there’s yards of grass before you reach the running track down each side.  You’d have to think if we were ever to redevelop the Railway then the whole lot could be bought closer to the pitch.
Move the pitch towards the Lorne St stand, maybe space then to build a new Railway stand in front of the old stand. Similar to what Sheffield Utd did when they removed their cricket pitch.

I haven't been all through this thread but has anyone mentioned the state of Bycars Lane that runs behind the Bycars End?

I sit in the Lorne Street and after matches use it to get back to Federation Road where I park. Apart from fighting against the tide of fans coming out of the Bycars and heading in the opposite direction the state of the path is disgraceful. Great potholes and crumbling surfaces; I'm surprised no one has had a serious accident there, especially after dark. I know the road isn't adopted by the Council, which accounts for the condition, but unadopted roads are usually the responsibility of the frontagers - and while the only frontager is Vale, unless there's something in the title deeds to the contrary it's the Club's responsibility. 

Any chance of improvement? And, while you're at it, some lighting down there wouldn't go amiss.

3 hours ago, Boslem&#x27;s Brazil said:

That’s the dream, a steeper new stand to replace the Railway which brings everything closer in! 😄 Have no idea how we would ever afford it. Maybe a combination of grants and loans or a wealthy investor buying a percentage of the club from Carol in the future. 

Maybe…..after the 250k tannoy replacement, the 300k pitch upgrade, the 100k completion of the Lorne Street concourse, the new turnstiles, the redevelopment of the training facilities, the repurposing of the old Family Stand, a few more quid have been spent on improving the team, the conversion of the bogs to mini spa resorts and anything else we fans have dreamt up that I’ve missed.

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
5 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Move the pitch towards the Lorne St stand, maybe space then to build a new Railway stand in front of the old stand. Similar to what Sheffield Utd did when they removed their cricket pitch.

If only it was as easy as that.

Archived