onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

3 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Minor point but it would be good to be able to buy food/drink in Lorne St and eat it or drink it before halftime finishes. Currently you need to nip in whilst the match is on to achieve that. I appreciate that everyone rushes in at the same time but its not unexpected, it can be planned for. I also understand that its currently a concession so to some extent outside the clubs control. If we have a good run in and crowds improve it will only get worse, whats the plan ?. Hope for good weather to reduce demand?

With the prices  charged (assume staff on minimum wage) why wouldnt you take on extra staff. The profit made must pay for them and I have lost count how many times we have given up. OK other options are available but during a freezing  game it warms you up. A no brainer ?

My experiences from watching football abroad has been that they are so much better than it than UK team. A tiny cub like Cercle Brugge for example, they just pull pints and make coffee 5 minutes before the end of the game and line them up so that all you do is pick one up and pay quickly. None of the chat and wait situations that UK clubs have. Much more efficient. I am confident that with a bit of planning, queues could be much faster moving and we would sell a ton more at half time.

Advert

17 hours ago, toyahw said:

Get them to turn their hearing aids on.

Won’t work, I wear two hearing aids, they only amplify sound, if there’s no sound in the first place then it’s a waste of time. Can’t hear any music, team news, substitutions, heaven forbid if there was ever a serious safety alert.

Won’t work, I wear two hearing aids, they only amplify sound, if there’s no sound in the first place then it’s a waste of time. Can’t hear any music, team news, substitutions, heaven forbid if there was ever a serious safety alert.
Rule of thumb - if everyone around you starts running like crazy, run like crazy in the same direction

8 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Rule of thumb - if everyone around you starts running like crazy, run like crazy in the same direction

Only problem is nobody around me can hear it either.

4 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Minor point but it would be good to be able to buy food/drink in Lorne St and eat it or drink it before halftime finishes. Currently you need to nip in whilst the match is on to achieve that. I appreciate that everyone rushes in at the same time but its not unexpected, it can be planned for. I also understand that its currently a concession so to some extent outside the clubs control. If we have a good run in and crowds improve it will only get worse, whats the plan ?. Hope for good weather to reduce demand?

With the prices  charged (assume staff on minimum wage) why wouldnt you take on extra staff. The profit made must pay for them and I have lost count how many times we have given up. OK other options are available but during a freezing  game it warms you up. A no brainer ?

One answer is to bring the food/drink to the sitting customer watching the game, it's done at baseball games in the US. A person with a "Tray" walks up and down the aisles of say the Railway stand, you put your hand up, shout what you want, it's passed along to you, you pass the money back along the row to the seller. When the seller runs out they go back to the to the kiosk and restock.

You can get food or a drink at any time of the game. Vendor sells more, more people earn money as sellers.

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

That might explain DC dig about the pitch if the clubs willing invest 250k on the tannoy system and not the pitch you can understand the frustration emoji460.png

It’s not a case of willing to invest 250k on a tannoy system, it’s a case of having to or they may not get a safety certificate for the ground.

27 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

The tannoy system has been like this for years so what's changed we've been allocated H&S certificates with how poor it is in previous seasons it doesn't make sense emoji460.pngemoji854.png

Perhaps it’s because of the concert. The fact they’re looking to get a crowd of 20,000, then they definitely need it. I know someone who has got a ticket and they’ve said that if they have to enter the ground through the RP turnstiles they’re going to start queuing two weeks before the concert 

One answer is to bring the food/drink to the sitting customer watching the game, it's done at baseball games in the US. A person with a "Tray" walks up and down the aisles of say the Railway stand, you put your hand up, shout what you want, it's passed along to you, you pass the money back along the row to the seller. When the seller runs out they go back to the to the kiosk and restock.
You can get food or a drink at any time of the game. Vendor sells more, more people earn money as sellers.

image.jpeg.29b52069c465a7aaed75ca9f44d1b781.jpeg
Can't see 'product before payment' working in Burslem to be honest

4 hours ago, Conrad said:

It was a crass comment. I apologise for that.

Archived