onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

It's promoting the old days of football hooliganism when VLF was the Vale "firm" - not something a progressive football club wants to endorse. I'm pleased someone else noticed it as it looks like an oversight that the flag was allowed in. 
I personally think the one thing that would hugely improve Vale Park would be the completion of the Lorne St concourse.
That would:
1. Give young fans a brand new area with decent facilities and decent sightlines and surely we want to encourage young fans as they are the future
2. Improve the overall look of the club by having a full open main stand
Crucially, for me, it's also something that we can directly affect and make happen. Raise enough money and it can be completed.
I've been thinking about anything I can do on OVF to raise a bit more money (auctions of memorabilia or raffle tickets) but if anyone has any ideas on how OVF can raise a bit of money for the concourse do send me a private message.

The completion of the LS would be a perfect opportunity for a new family stand and the demand is there. What happened to the SC fund for the LS ?

Advert

5 hours ago, raywalkersbananakick said:
On 15/11/2021 at 09:35, robf said:
It's promoting the old days of football hooliganism when VLF was the Vale "firm" - not something a progressive football club wants to endorse. I'm pleased someone else noticed it as it looks like an oversight that the flag was allowed in. 
I personally think the one thing that would hugely improve Vale Park would be the completion of the Lorne St concourse.
That would:
1. Give young fans a brand new area with decent facilities and decent sightlines and surely we want to encourage young fans as they are the future
2. Improve the overall look of the club by having a full open main stand
Crucially, for me, it's also something that we can directly affect and make happen. Raise enough money and it can be completed.
I've been thinking about anything I can do on OVF to raise a bit more money (auctions of memorabilia or raffle tickets) but if anyone has any ideas on how OVF can raise a bit of money for the concourse do send me a private message.

The completion of the LS would be a perfect opportunity for a new family stand and the demand is there. What happened to the SC fund for the LS ?

It's still on the go.  Feel free to donate a big wedge!

5 hours ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

Attracting the next generation of fans and generating more money through a family stand would be high on a owner of a football club emoji460.png

The club has done loads to attract the next generation of fans including the stonking season ticket offers for kids.  I suspect if you ask most fans what should be a priority, more money spent on the squad or on a family stand most would opt for the former.  The Shanahans have done more around the ground in two years than the previous owners did in twenty two.  They will get the family stand sorted but they can't do everything at once.

The club has done loads to attract the next generation of fans including the stonking season ticket offers for kids.  I suspect if you ask most fans what should be a priority, more money spent on the squad or on a family stand most would opt for the former.  The Shanahans have done more around the ground in two years than the previous owners did in twenty two.  They will get the family stand sorted but they can't do everything at once.
Agreed but my point is we need a stand which is fit for purpose a proper family stand it's pointless attracting young fans and families when we don't have the right facilities it doesn't make sense.

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Don’t forget a lot of the season ticket holders are kids and it was a school night. 

My own didn’t go and their 2 mates have COVID.  I did try to convince their parents that some seats in the Bycars are possibly as isolated as it’s humanly possible to be, but they weren’t buying it.

1 hour ago, raywalkersbananakick said:
2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Agreed but my point is we need a stand which is fit for purpose a proper family stand it's pointless attracting young fans and families when we don't have the right facilities it doesn't make sense.

I know we need it, you know we need it, the Shanahans know we need it and when we get the money we will have it.

7 hours ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

Attracting the next generation of fans and generating more money through a family stand would be high on a owner of a football club emoji460.png

Ray, you’re probably right but we are heading in the right direction with younger fans. There’s a generation of young fans that supported our rivals due to them having been in the EPL for a decade. We won’t turn that around for at least five years.

Living in a dream world here, but Saturday's match just reminded me of how nice it would be to have a modern, smaller stand in place of the Railway. 

I did a walk around the ground before the match and the contrast in the ease of entry into the Lorne Street versus the Railway is huge, as are the facilities once inside.

The amount of earth you'd have to move and the cost of such a project would make it prohibitive, but in a dream world where we wanted to totally modernise the stadium without moving away from Burslem it'd be on the 'to do' list.

• 1 month later...

I see the Vale hierarchy are still happy for the VLF flag to be on display to take up room in the new part of the Lorne Street. It really does look classy and as it’s still there after all this time can only assume that they don’t condone what it stands for and how damaging it is to the PVFC brand. 

5 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

Something to eat at half time that’s doesn’t require drinking a bottle of gaviscon after.

The choice of food on offer is absolutely awful isn’t it. Pies and sausage rolls. It’s been like this for years so can’t blame the owners as such. But I really hoped they would get a bit more choice like a burger or an hot dog. Burton albion have got it spot on and it was quick as anything. We should try and go for something like that. The whole of the railway stand kiosk needs a massive change. If you’re not in the queue at 3:20 on a bigger game you’ve got no chance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived