onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

2 hours ago, DaneValiant said:

Young fans need to learn more about the history of the club and the players who once played on the hallowed turf.... so we need to sing "Steino is a t,osser" more often.

Also, reopen a/the Family Stand. As a child, when we and my dad didn't know where to sit, the ticket shop lady basically said to my dad "if you don't want to hear loud fans and swearing, go in the Family Stand".... We did for two or three years and I loved it

We also sat in the family stand for a good 3-4 years as well from 1991 it was a great view. Although me and my bro would sneak in the railway paddock for the second half. Loved it, nearly as much as I remember cutting up news papers and taking till roll/ bog rolls to throw when the players came out.

Advert

On 17/11/2021 at 17:40, Andy Proctor said:

Something definitely needs sorting regarding getting away tickets. If we are still in the top 3 come April then there's going be problems getting tickets for the last 3 away games. Hartlepool on good Friday only allocate 900 Walsall isn't far to travel and we can take 2300 but they will sell quickly and Exeter the final game only allocate 1300 and you won't get anymore than that especially if there still up there in the table aswell.

Exeter is the final game! That will be amazing…nice hotel in Torquay for that one. Promotion party etc..

Somewhat related to the tone of the thread, I REALLY wish we'd stop playing that mega tinpot Tom Hark whistling nonsense at full time if we've won. Awful. It's a relatively new thing since the takeover. Just launch straight into The Wonder Of You like we used to have.

We also need to start playing One Step Beyond more. It's absolutely puddled. Brilliant. 

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Somewhat related to the tone of the thread, I REALLY wish we'd stop playing that mega tinpot Tom Hark whistling nonsense at full time if we've won. Awful. It's a relatively new thing since the takeover. Just launch straight into The Wonder Of You like we used to have.

We also need to start playing One Step Beyond more. It's absolutely puddled. Brilliant. 

Agree with all of this.

In addition - the best thing old Norm ever did was have Insomnia playing after half time. Don't know why it was done, but get it blasting. Want the away fans to feel like this as the Tricky Whites stroll out for another 45 minutes of massacre:

image.png.fdac01ab379f60d203442d07837af605.png

I'd prefer this to be played at some point too. No specific reason:

18 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

Regarding limited away tickets, most PL clubs do ballots for away tickets. And a friend of mine who has a ST at Man Utd told me, you have to have had your ST for 2 seasons, before you can even enter the ballot...

That’s ok if you are a season ticket holder but what about fans who live out of area and want to see Vale at their local fixture - for me for example that’s Northampton and Swindon.

have to call tickets office at the moment to get them posted out - would be better online like you can do with the home ones 

On 17/11/2021 at 20:09, wotsyobeef said:
On 17/11/2021 at 18:38, Santa said:
A system where people apply for away tickets and enter a ballot would be fairer than rewarding those able to turn up on a Wednesday morning.

I think this is the way forward and very simple to implement. At least until a time that a more complex system can be developed. I often wonder what the ticket office manager does. We see very little development of anything there. I assume that it is a full time role, surely 90% of the time there is very little to do other than think of initiatives.

I don't think it's the job of the ticket office manager to device an IT system for the distribution of away tickets.  That's surely above their pay grade.

A lot of Premier League clubs have a points system in relation to away tickets.  You get points for every ticket you buy.  When tickets go on sale, the fans with the most points get first go at the tickets and the number of points required to purchase gradually goes down as the sale period goes on.  The idea of a ballot for tickets is, in my opinion, unfair on the regular away traveller.  We saw with the Man City game that all sorts of armchair fans come out of the woodwork for a game like that and some regulars miss out.  Loyalty is the best criteria for distributing tickets which are in short supply, not random access.

Carol's piece in tonight's programme points out that the club are currently working on developing a system for prioritising ticket sales for away games.  It will happen, don't panic!

1 hour ago, osprey said:

That’s ok if you are a season ticket holder but what about fans who live out of area and want to see Vale at their local fixture - for me for example that’s Northampton and Swindon.

have to call tickets office at the moment to get them posted out - would be better online like you can do with the home ones 

That's what I have done; in my case it's Walsall, used to be Wolves, but never had a problem with it. 

Music is atrocious. 

Cutting off the Wonder of You for the bad Robbie song. What's all that about?

The Motorhead song sounding like the PA system has malfunctioned. 

We play music which you'd usually hear at a school disco. It should be sequenced to whip fans up. 

12 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

After tonight’s showing we must get more fans in the Bycars directly behind the goal.  The atmosphere in the “home end” was dire.  The stand barely populated.

I think last night showed just how many tickets we've been giving away to schools in the Bycars. I'd say we were a good 500 down in there last night v Bradford. A Tuesday night in a two-home game-week off the back of a last minute away defeat will have had some impact, but the main difference is the lack of kids versus a Saturday. Saw barely any last night.

On the whole, the home turnout last night was woeful considering our home record, our league position and number of ST holders. It was Crewe-esque.

3 hours ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

A dedicated family stand is a must and is criminal how money hasn't been invested for this to happen. The Club is fashioned on the community but cannot cater for young families to attend matches and produce the next generation of fans emoji460.png

Archived