onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

Get it sorted. I'm getting grief from my pals for not taking a half day to get a ticket for Burton v Vale for heaven sake. Why is it taking so long to complete the transactions anyway? Is this technology progress? I remember queuing for Autoglass Trophy tickets in 1993 and we sold 24,000 of them! By modern standards you'd still be queuing now for tickets to that game!

Advert

1. Phone Queuing System/hold function

2. Online sales linked to Season Ticket numbers, with a running total on the website of how many sold so people are informed and aren't playing a guessing game

3. Email + Phone + Online purchase system with 'time slots' for collection to avoid long queues

Those are three fairly simple solutions which could be sorted in an afternoon by a fella clued up on IT and software + paying for a holding service. 

5 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Instead of just moaning on here, why don't those with an issue email the club setting out their concerns and possible solutions? If you've already done so, great. If you haven't, why haven't you?

You have to ring 60 times to get through to the ticket office, do you really reckon they'll answer that email? 🤣

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:

If you've already done so, great. 

Yep. Did it after the Salford debacle 2 years ago. I asked if online sales for away tickets could be implemented. As we can see today, it hasn't happened.

Also - it shouldn't be down to the fans to point the club out in areas for improvement all the time. Any employee there today should see 2 hour queues for an FA Cup 2nd round tie and realise it needs sorting. This happens every time there's even a slight prospect of a sellout. It's easily fixed. I can't grasp why it still hasn't been.

41 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s going back a bit. Certainly pre new Lorne Street. I’d say since 1997 it has been dying off. I certainly have not been there since maybe 95/96? 

I’ve been in there every season since the stand went all seater and have to agree with you, fairly steady decline in numbers overall.  Like all the stands, bit of an upsurge this season maybe.  Upsurge used in the widest sense of the word when referring to the Bycars, but numbers are definitely up where I sit.  I now have to move if I wish to socially distance, had fans sitting next to me singing the wrong words, have witnessed stress at the tea bar over sold out pies a couple of times and actually had folk sat in my seat once this season.  Getting disillusioned with it all….

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Instead of just moaning on here, why don't those with an issue email the club setting out their concerns and possible solutions? If you've already done so, great. If you haven't, why haven't you?

Phil, I think ppl come on here hoping that if enough ppl like the comment then perhaps someone at the club, checks comments. Where as emails don’t get checked or ppl never respond to them. In the past I have been contacted by the club over a post that I put onto OVF. In short though I don’t know what the answer is

Something definitely needs sorting regarding getting away tickets. If we are still in the top 3 come April then there's going be problems getting tickets for the last 3 away games. Hartlepool on good Friday only allocate 900 Walsall isn't far to travel and we can take 2300 but they will sell quickly and Exeter the final game only allocate 1300 and you won't get anymore than that especially if there still up there in the table aswell.

4 hours ago, Joe B said:

1. Phone Queuing System/hold function

2. Online sales linked to Season Ticket numbers, with a running total on the website of how many sold so people are informed and aren't playing a guessing game

3. Email + Phone + Online purchase system with 'time slots' for collection to avoid long queues

Those are three fairly simple solutions which could be sorted in an afternoon by a fella clued up on IT and software + paying for a holding service. 

As a side to this I contacted the club the week before the Accrington game to enquire about the £50 offer for the 3 x course meal & vice presidents tickets. I called about an hour after the post appeared advertising the offer on Twitter. Nobody at the club knew anything about it, they took my contact details & said they would call back. I never got a call so I called them again the following day & again they couldn't transfer me through to anybody who could help & apparently the person who could help wasn't working that day. I tried for a 3rd & final time on the Thursday before the game & again got told that somebody would call me back & get me sorted...

Nothing happened & I ended up in the Paddock with my Grandad rather than spending £100 I had planned to spend. Really really poor experience. The people on the other end of the phone were nice enough but just seemed a total lack of organisation. Disappointing. 

A system where people apply for away tickets and enter a ballot would be fairer than rewarding those able to turn up on a Wednesday morning.
I think this is the way forward and very simple to implement. At least until a time that a more complex system can be developed. I often wonder what the ticket office manager does. We see very little development of anything there. I assume that it is a full time role, surely 90% of the time there is very little to do other than think of initiatives.

Young fans need to learn more about the history of the club and the players who once played on the hallowed turf.... so we need to sing "Steino is a t,osser" more often.

Also, reopen a/the Family Stand. As a child, when we and my dad didn't know where to sit, the ticket shop lady basically said to my dad "if you don't want to hear loud fans and swearing, go in the Family Stand".... We did for two or three years and I loved it

23 minutes ago, DaneValiant said:

Young fans need to learn more about the history of the club and the players who once played on the hallowed turf.... so we need to sing "Steino is a t,osser" more often.

Also, reopen a/the Family Stand. As a child, when we and my dad didn't know where to sit, the ticket shop lady basically said to my dad "if you don't want to hear loud fans and swearing, go in the Family Stand".... We did for two or three years and I loved it

loud fans and a bit of swearing is part of the match day experience IMO even as a kid. I have taken all 5 of my kids to VP.

Archived