onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

17 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

What about a massive PVFC flag that the fans pass over their heads in the RP starting at one end and then it’s collected by someone at the club, when it’s done just before the game starts.?

Good idea that… we tried it in the bycars but there wasn’t enough of us to get it across the width of the penalty area without it dropping on the floor !

Advert

5 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Good idea that… we tried it in the bycars but there wasn’t enough of us to get it across the width of the penalty area without it dropping on the floor !

Bob, that’s a shame for the Bycars, that’s why I suggested RP. However if we give tickets to school kids and fill it then why not the Bycars

Have to say, as someone who has been to almost every league 1 and 2 ground, the pies at vp are by far the cheapest, and personally I think Wright’s pies are very good.

i agree the time it takes to get served needs looking at, I saw several people give up on Saturday, and that was in the Bycars.

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Bob, that’s a shame for the Bycars, that’s why I suggested RP. However if we give tickets to school kids and fill it then why not the Bycars

I know they’re the future, as were we at that age, but there were a few too many very young kids in the Bycars to enable a decent, raucous, atmosphere on Saturday.  It was impossible to hear the Bradford fans above the constant rustling of sweet wrappers and munching of crisps. It was like suffering a form of tinnitus at times.  It’s a difficult balance to strike, you need the correct ratio between angry drunks, young kids and all those in between.

9 hours ago, Doha said:

Kidderminster have stopped selling these in favour of generic mass market ones, presumably for a bit more profit margin. Be good if we could find out who the supplier was? Pie and chips for a 5er, biodegradable container and wooden fork. Job done on a Baltic tuesday night. 

FD2RGXRX0AgkUnY?format=jpg&name=large

FD2RGYHWEAUKc4z?format=jpg&name=medium

Totally agree Doha - there must be local caterers prepared to quote for tray bakes and home-made individual pies? Let's have a bit of imagination!!

19 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I walk past  there every home game. They are a cross between Shameless and some hillbillies from the Hills have eyes. 

Good luck to anyone trying to lamp them 

Spot on. You can see it in their eyes that they are just desperate for someone to challenge them so that they can kick off

20 hours ago, Row L said:

Good question. I suspect that they don't have a right to rope off the road ... but I'm no legal expert here! I'd also suspect that the people who do park there don't want a confrontation. The guys are always there in 2-3's  "on patrol" quite clearly waiting for someone to try to move the bin so that they can kick off. I'd imagine that 9/10 of the time, just finding somewhere else to park is the path of least resistance!

You’re right they don’t have the right to block off a road,if it’s a public road then the offence being committed is obstruction of the highway. They should contact the council, regarding permit parking. I suppose if you did challenge them their your car would be damaged. 

Tickets.

People have (happily) stood on the car park in the freezing cold again this morning to get tickets for an away game. The club say that fans phoning or emailing will get a response 'within 48 hours'.

Why is this still happening? It's the one aspect of the club I think is less modern and efficient than under previous regimes. 

We have a loyalty points system now. I don't know if it works properly but if it does then it would be sensible to start using it. 23 points for a ST, 1 point for every home or away, 1 point for every £50 spent in the club shop. Using the Burton allocation as an example of how it should work:

Window for fans with 25 or more points open for 48 hours (priority)

Window for fans with 23 or more point opens if any tickets remaining after this window

Window for fans with 1 or more point opens if any tickets remaining after the previous two windows

General Sale

All of this done via an online portal. If fans who are at or above the points thresholds want to go down to the ground in person, they can still do so within their windows.

This system would reward loyal fans - even the ones who don't have the means to take a morning off work to queue for tickets or those who don't live close to Vale Park. Points should accumulate of a rolling 5 season period. If you want to guarantee tickets for the away games with low allocations, you have to have enough points. I'm someone who would actually 'suffer' from this scheme because I go to 10 - 15 games a season, but it's the fairest way to do things. I imagine in the past I've been able to get tickets for Crewe and other such away games ahead of ST holders, which clearly isn't right.

If the loyalty points system isn't working properly, we're in a perfect spot to fix this asap given our owners company states the following on their website:

At the very heart of what we do is syndicating data, and we’ve been doing it in our own unique way for almost 30 years. We work with public and private sector organisations building data consortia to solve common problems that would be impossible for a single organisation to tackle on their own.

JJ vale .

I agree with almost all your post. The only thing I can see issues with is people I go with sometimes have to work the odd Saturday or particularly night games. 

I've been to every game so far apart from Scunthorpe. But just because I've got the time and am lucky enough to afford to go to them just because I've been to Crawley does that give me more of a right than a season ticket holder who only goes to all 23 home games ?

It is a tricky one. But in reality it's only the likes of Salford, Burton and Man City so not a regular occurrence. The smaller allocation grounds always causes a kerfuffle, I was worried myself about not getting a Sutton ticket. 

Your post is very good though and has lots of valid points. 

27 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Tickets.

People have (happily) stood on the car park in the freezing cold again this morning to get tickets for an away game. The club say that fans phoning or emailing will get a response 'within 48 hours'.

Why is this still happening? It's the one aspect of the club I think is less modern and efficient than under previous regimes. 

We have a loyalty points system now. I don't know if it works properly but if it does then it would be sensible to start using it. 23 points for a ST, 1 point for every home or away, 1 point for every £50 spent in the club shop. Using the Burton allocation as an example of how it should work:

Window for fans with 25 or more points open for 48 hours (priority)

Window for fans with 23 or more point opens if any tickets remaining after this window

Window for fans with 1 or more point opens if any tickets remaining after the previous two windows

General Sale

All of this done via an online portal. If fans who are at or above the points thresholds want to go down to the ground in person, they can still do so within their windows.

This system would reward loyal fans - even the ones who don't have the means to take a morning off work to queue for tickets or those who don't live close to Vale Park. Points should accumulate of a rolling 5 season period. If you want to guarantee tickets for the away games with low allocations, you have to have enough points. I'm someone who would actually 'suffer' from this scheme because I go to 10 - 15 games a season, but it's the fairest way to do things. I imagine in the past I've been able to get tickets for Crewe and other such away games ahead of ST holders, which clearly isn't right.

If the loyalty points system isn't working properly, we're in a perfect spot to fix this asap given our owners company states the following on their website:

At the very heart of what we do is syndicating data, and we’ve been doing it in our own unique way for almost 30 years. We work with public and private sector organisations building data consortia to solve common problems that would be impossible for a single organisation to tackle on their own.

Bang on. Happens every time we get a game where there's a crumb of anticipation. What's going to happen if we get to where we want to, and have these games every other week?

It's an FA Cup 2nd round game against League 1 opposition. Why do we still have to traipse to VP in this race against everyone else and queue (one fella said for 2+ hours, another for an hour, another on twitter 90 minutes). Cups of tea are nice but I'd prefer a non 1950s system where I can either pre-book with ease and pick them up at a convenient time, or just get them over the internet and have them sent/emailed. We genuinely sell tickets for away games in the exact same way they would have for my Grandad in the late 1940s. Turn up to ground, go to ticket office, buy ticket physically.

Have had to plan my day around driving to Vale Park (30 mins each way) to get tickets for an FA cup game. You can ring and there's no answerphone, or email, but the club says that's no guarantee of getting a ticket.  

Needs overhauling. No more queuing round the car park at 8:30am for hours. No more Oklahoma Land Rush style charges to Vale Park to get tickets.

Archived