onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is there anything you’d like to see done to improve attending VP or to enhance our reputation

Playa Amodores

I've just read most of this thread. It always comes down to money and if that money gets spent, there's no saying that the new people will stay if success on the pitch takes a stumble. It's all a balancing act for the owners. Yes i  think a dedicated family area is the main priority. Taking your little 'un is going to get tedius if you can't get to the teabar / toilets within time and when you get to the front, the pies are all gone etc, etc. Paddock facilities have always been a joke and everyone crawling past the poor buggers on the front row all game spoils the experience for them and their kids. Not least trying to get to the inadequate toilets which means fighting your way through the queues for food. WTAF do the stewards there do every game?? Not making a wat through or owt. They open the big gates for the smokers (fair play) but how much organisation would it take to have a burger van out there, wheeled in on kickoff and ready to bang them out at half time??. Then move it away during the 2nd half? Someone mentioned cheaper entry to the Bycars. You can't do that without making the other end behind the goal the same price - thats the rules. The old family stand has the majority of the seating out in the rain. That's a total none starter for me, and probably not big enough if we aim to progress. Cheapest option by far is to maybe dedicate a section of the Bycars roped off front to back. Take out some seats at the back and put proper catering in, or even, if there's room, biuld the catering behind the back wall and knock a few hatches through. The obvious is to finish the Lorne street but there's that money thing again!

Advert

30 minutes ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

I've just read most of this thread. It always comes down to money and if that money gets spent, there's no saying that the new people will stay if success on the pitch takes a stumble. It's all a balancing act for the owners. Yes i  think a dedicated family area is the main priority. Taking your little 'un is going to get tedius if you can't get to the teabar / toilets within time and when you get to the front, the pies are all gone etc, etc. Paddock facilities have always been a joke and everyone crawling past the poor buggers on the front row all game spoils the experience for them and their kids. Not least trying to get to the inadequate toilets which means fighting your way through the queues for food. WTAF do the stewards there do every game?? Not making a wat through or owt. They open the big gates for the smokers (fair play) but how much organisation would it take to have a burger van out there, wheeled in on kickoff and ready to bang them out at half time??. Then move it away during the 2nd half? Someone mentioned cheaper entry to the Bycars. You can't do that without making the other end behind the goal the same price - thats the rules. The old family stand has the majority of the seating out in the rain. That's a total none starter for me, and probably not big enough if we aim to progress. Cheapest option by far is to maybe dedicate a section of the Bycars roped off front to back. Take out some seats at the back and put proper catering in, or even, if there's room, biuld the catering behind the back wall and knock a few hatches through. The obvious is to finish the Lorne street but there's that money thing again!

Sorry to keep banging on the same point but if it's down to the club spending money then finishing the LS concourse has to be the logical thing to do because the concourse work is/will be funded by fans so it's not another expense for the club. If we could somehow as a fans collective come up with a raft of ideas to get that money then it solves all the problems. If anyone has any ideas for OVF to try and raise a bit do let me know. 

I personally don't think the LS proximity to the away end is too much of an issue. The unfilled in corner and creche already put some distance between the stands and if it's really an issue then the club could simply not use the third block of seating nearest the away end (see below). Even with that being empty you'd probably have a family stand area for about 1,500 people I would reckon. 

ls.png.0db4a2b507987281f52627c6a9af5e7e.png

I wouldn't go for the old family stand as I would imagine the view there is poor and again it would look like an after-thought. I'd imagine that in the future that Railway/Bycars corner could be earmarked for a new scoreboard rather than being used to seat supporters. 

14 minutes ago, robf said:

Sorry to keep banging on the same point but if it's down to the club spending money then finishing the LS concourse has to be the logical thing to do because the concourse work is/will be funded by fans so it's not another expense for the club. If we could somehow as a fans collective come up with a raft of ideas to get that money then it solves all the problems. If anyone has any ideas for OVF to try and raise a bit do let me know. 

Needs to be highly organised and incentivised and will need club cooperation in terms of prizes for donations. Paying for your name in the bricks, raffle for shirts, STs, sponsorship opportunities paid upfront. 

The funding can be done by the supporters but it will need club cooperation, support, and legitimising.

Also needs a devoted committee, meetings, agendas etc. Funding the stand by the fans is a big task. 

1 hour ago, who was markin him? said:

I haven't had a ST for a couple of seasons but took my daughter the Orient game and she loved it. I explained about the swearing and aslong as she doesn't repeat it that it would be ok. She loved it the chants, shouting, joy, agony of going 2 - 1 down before coming back to win it is part of the appeal. I want the ground safe for kids but not some sanitised Disney like experience.

I've started taking a young cousin this season. First game Tranmere, she was massively taken aback in a good way by the loud Railway atmosphere which was decent first half. Now she wants to go every game. 

It's a boisterous football ground not a pensioners coffee afternoon.

8 hours ago, Santa said:

1. The queues around the Railway Stand turnstiles / gate to Synectics car park are a bit of a free for all, especially around the new bollard they put up. A bit of organisation would be useful around there.

2. There’s still a significant minority of people that boo the knee every week. I’ve not seen the Sky footage so I don’t know if these people succeeded in embarassing us on national television. I don’t know how we can reach out to them and get them to at the very least be anti-anti-racist a bit more quietly. 

Thats the issue though, those that boo it don't do anything quietly. It's a collection of illiterate, loud mouth, braindead morons. They are always the loudest. Empty vessels and all that. 

13 minutes ago, WV said:

Thats the issue though, those that boo it don't do anything quietly. It's a collection of illiterate, loud mouth, braindead morons. They are always the loudest. Empty vessels and all that. 

If they want to boo for what ever reason they can boo it’s a free country and cos they don’t agree with you they are loud mouth brain dead morons   Unbelievable 

5 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

If they want to boo for what ever reason they can boo it’s a free country and cos they don’t agree with you they are loud mouth brain dead morons   Unbelievable 

When you are booing an anti racism gesture I would say that makes them braindead. Would you be ok with people booing the poppy wearers? A minutes silence/applause? If you wouldn't then I think that would be a bit hypocritical. 

Anyway, let them boo, I am sure that will get people queueing at the turnstiles. 

9 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

In a free country, doesn't that work both ways?

If people are allowed to boo something, then, it being a free country, aren't other people therefore allowed to disagree with them booing and call them names for doing so? 

8 hours ago, Santa said:

1. The queues around the Railway Stand turnstiles / gate to Synectics car park are a bit of a free for all, especially around the new bollard they put up. A bit of organisation would be useful around there.

2. There’s still a significant minority of people that boo the knee every week. I’ve not seen the Sky footage so I don’t know if these people succeeded in embarassing us on national television. I don’t know how we can reach out to them and get them to at the very least be anti-anti-racist a bit more quietly. 

There was indeed some booing taking the knee gesture, but in fairness, there appeared to be many more people applauding--the Vale Park crowd is probably a reasonable reflection of society as a whole, so why should anyone expect something different might happen?

27 minutes ago, robf said:

In a free country, doesn't that work both ways?

If people are allowed to boo something, then, it being a free country, aren't other people therefore allowed to disagree with them booing and call them names for doing so? 

People conflate 'freedom of speech' with 'freedom to speak without being criticised'.

Perhaps just to explain my questions a little more. I find it interesting that some people think it's OK to insult others by doing things like booing a gesture that clearly means a great deal to others. And then those same people can't take it when they themselves are insulted for doing so.

If you truly want a world in which you're "free" to criticise then you need to expect to get some criticism back.

Personally, I think this world would be a lot better if everyone (regardless of their moral code, politics, religion or whatever) concentrated on toleration and respect for others.

Anyhow, I think I've played a large part in taking this thread off topic so can we get back on subject please...

Archived